Madonna's sister Paula at Oprah Winfrey Show

artlover

Guys, this is an old video from what I believe is in between late 80s and early 90s tops. 

Here M's sis Paula, which was a struggling model and actress and singer back then, tells in an sisters-of-famous-people Oprah special that she admitted to envy her absurdly famous sister but that was proud of her at the same time. Personally I find it a very brave thing to do. We human beings don't like to embrace our flaws or sins.

I was wondering where is she now? Have she made it in an alternative market? I haven't seen any pictures from her family in years.

What did Paula lack hence she didn't accomplish any commercial success? I think she was kind of too vulnerable, she even seems a bit hurt by her flop. She also seemed to lack the bitchiness and sassiness M was full of. That thing makes people call her cold. I call it practical. Paula might not have survived the industry because of the comparisons, the bad side of the media. 

This article is quite precise but has no info about Paula:

https://bodyheightweight.com/madonna-family/

Madonna Louise Ciccone (mother)

Date of Birth: July 11, 1933

Date of Death: December 1, 1963 (aged 30)

Madonna’s mum was a staunch follower of the Catholic religion. She died of breast cancer while Madonna was just five and it affected her daughter greatly. Silvio soon remarried and this caused the little starlet to become a rebel.

Silvio Anthony Ciccone (father)

Date of Birth: June 6, 1931

Silvio was an engineer designer who married another woman after the death of his first wife. His daughter resented him for several years because he made another woman his wife.

Joan Gustafson (step-mother)

Three years after the demise of Madonna’s young mum, Tony married Joan who was their housekeeper at the time.

Anthony Ciccone Jr. (elder brother from same parents)

Date of Birth: May 3, 1956

He is the first male Ciccone and was named after his father. Anthony is literally the black sheep of the family and has lived on the streets or in shelters for several years because of his problems with alcohol. Tony initially accused his billionaire sister of not wanting to help him, when in the real sense; he declined all sorts of positive offers. He is said to have finally patched things up with his estranged family after seven years as a homeless alcoholic.

Martin Ciccone (elder brother from same parents)

Date of Birth: June 15, 1957

Like his elder brother, he also has a negative social history. Martin has been in and out of jail, and had battled alcohol abuse but seems to be doing well with sobriety. He now works at a rehabilitation centre in Hollywood and he adds that his sister has been super supportive.

Paula Ciccone (younger sister from same parents)

Date of Birth: August 22, 1959

She was born about a year after her sister and there is basically nothing that can be said about her personal life of her relationship with her big sister.

Christopher Ciccone (younger brother from same parents)

Date of Birth: November 22, 1960

He is a professional dancer, artist, interior decorator and designer. He has been known to work together with his sister on several of her projects including some of her tours and home designing. Christopher even authored a book titled Life with my sister Madonna. The gay celebrity sibling has been married to British hairdresser Ray Thacker since June 2016.

Melanie Ciccone (younger sister from same parents)

Year of Birth: 1962

Melanie has been married to singer and songwriter Joe Henry since 1987; both couple are parents to Levon and Lulu Henry.

Jennifer Ciccone (paternal younger half-sister)

Jennifer with mother

Year of Birth: 1968

She is the first child that was born to Tony and his second wife Joan.

Mario Ciccone (paternal younger half-brother)

Year of Birth: 1969

Mario is the youngest of all Madonna’s siblings. He is married and has 2 sons. Mario works as manager at Ciccone Vineyard & Winery.

• 1 year later...

Paula and brother Mario now run their parent's Ciccone Vineyard and Winery in Northwest Michigan. Mario manages the vineyard and Paula is the winemaker. Here's an article from 2019 and a recent video featuring Paula. Interesting to note that Paula is only a year younger than Madonna and how dramatically different their appearance is today.

https://glenarborsun.com/detroit-to-leelanau-taking-over-the-ciccone-family-winery/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5w67Eq31pE

• 3 months later...
Guest Nobody Knows Me

Paula resembles her so much in that interview. I can’t wait for her role in the biopic! I agree that she seemed a little sad and uncomfortable in that interview. It was brave of her to come forward and admit to feeling envy at times. 

On 6/22/2020 at 1:53 PM, brad00 said:

Paula and brother Mario now run their parent's Ciccone Vineyard and Winery in Northwest Michigan. Mario manages the vineyard and Paula is the winemaker. Here's an article from 2019 and a recent video featuring Paula. Interesting to note that Paula is only a year younger than Madonna and how dramatically different their appearance is today.

https://glenarborsun.com/detroit-to-leelanau-taking-over-the-ciccone-family-winery/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5w67Eq31pE

She looks like Drowned World Tour Madonna :Madonna049:

11 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Paula resembles her so much in that interview. I can’t wait for her role in the biopic! I agree that she seemed a little sad and uncomfortable in that interview. It was brave of her to come forward and admit to feeling envy at times. 

I agree. From what I read about Paula - which, admittedly is very little - she was always in M's shadow, even as a kid. I feel bad that she hasn't got out of that shadow and got the recognition that everyone deserves. She is, though, strikingly beautiful - I can see the Ciccone in her!