Madame X Tour | Chicago

SecretProject

49 minutes ago, libraguy_1020 said:

If anyone has two tickets in Chicago for sale, $100 or less each, please let me know and I'll see if I can come up with the $ :-)

There are plenty of seats on sale at Ticketmaster, for instance the infamous empty show of OCt 27:

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/madonna-madame-x-tour/event/070056A71A96945B

But as this show might be at risk, I would go to another one, two seat for Oct 21 are on sale for 115$:

https://www1.ticketmaster.com/madonna-madame-x-tour/event/070056A411259860

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, so, aside from the show being a blur (most M concerts usually are)…. She was amazing! I don't recall ever seeing her in such top form. Her voice, her dancing... everything was amazing!

The highlight of the show is definitely Frozen followed closely by Like A Prayer. I was in the pit, 4th row, and it was EXTREMELY cramped. I was on the end, so it wasn't so bad, aside from the venue adding an additional seat for an usher to sit there... This was because I was on the side that Madonna walked down when she performed Medellin.

She did the same jokes as she did at BAM - I wish she would get some new material. She did quite a bit of talking, which is always welcome.

Did I mention Frozen?

Human Nature was of course another huge highlight. Future was awesome with M at the piano, which she actually played quite well. Express Yourself was really cool acapella, and she sang quite a bit of it. She didn't sing but a few bars of Papa Don't Preach - but it was a powerful moment.

Being on the end, and being very vocal, M and I had a few moments where we connected - her eyes are mesmerizing.

Vogue was of course Vogue. I mean, nuff said.

Batuka was incredible live. I still don't care for Killers all that much. The covers are pointless and the crowd seemed bored with them. 

So, the parts that sucked - it did take FOREVER to get out of the venue and if you have a larger phone they are tough to remove from the pouches. The merch was INSANELY overpriced. The "supreme" hoodies and jackets were 350 which I found to be insulting - I bought 3 tee-shirts and 2 programs and paid over 300.

As for M's knee - it was still taped, but the cool part is the she had it taped in the shape of a cross, so she was still rocking it.

All-in-all an A+ experience despite the few things that sucked, which had nothing to do with Madonna.

8 minutes ago, *mlvc* said:

So, the parts that sucked - it did take FOREVER to get out of the venue and if you have a larger phone they are tough to remove from the pouches.

I was wondering how the logistics for this would go in a larger venue as Chicago is 3500 vs. BAM's 2100 people.  At BAM, they had different sized pouches, so if you have someone who knows what they're doing, they should give you a pouch that fits your phone.  They say L, M, S on them.

11 minutes ago, *mlvc* said:

Okay, so, aside from the show being a blur (most M concerts usually are)…. She was amazing! I don't recall ever seeing her in such top form. Her voice, her dancing... everything was amazing!

The highlight of the show is definitely Frozen followed closely by Like A Prayer. I was in the pit, 4th row, and it was EXTREMELY cramped. I was on the end, so it wasn't so bad, aside from the venue adding an additional seat for an usher to sit there... This was because I was on the side that Madonna walked down when she performed Medellin.

She did the same jokes as she did at BAM - I wish she would get some new material. She did quite a bit of talking, which is always welcome.

Did I mention Frozen?

Human Nature was of course another huge highlight. Future was awesome with M at the piano, which she actually played quite well. Express Yourself was really cool acapella, and she sang quite a bit of it. She didn't sing but a few bars of Papa Don't Preach - but it was a powerful moment.

Being on the end, and being very vocal, M and I had a few moments where we connected - her eyes are mesmerizing.

Batuka was incredible live. I still don't care for Killers all that much. The covers are pointless and the crowd seemed bored with them. 

So, the parts that sucked - it did take FOREVER to get out of the venue and if you have a larger phone they are tough to remove from the pouches. The merch was INSANELY overpriced. The "supreme" hoodies and jackets were 350 which I found to be insulting - I bought 3 tee-shirts and 2 programs and paid over 300.

As for M's knee - it was still taped, but the cool part is the she had it taped in the shape of a cross, so she was still rocking it.

All-in-all an A+ experience despite the few things that sucked, which had nothing to do with Madonna.

I've been looking so forward to this. Awesome review! Thank you so much. So glad you had an A+ experience! So glad to hear Madonna's knee is holding up good too. 

Regards the Chris comment, speaking as someone that has not only lost several loved ones and some family members through addiction but also as someone who currently works in the nonprofit sector for an organization dedicated to the rehabilitation of those in or recovering from addiction let’s keep one thing in mind here.

addiction doesn’t just affect the person, it’s has devastating ongoing and forever damaging impact on everyone around them, family especially can be destroyed and all their lives forever scarred by this

none of us know the ins and outs or what has actually happened over the years there other than the public barbs on all sides of the family, perhaps people need to consider that having invested a lot historically into Chris her way of dealing with either the past or realisation she can’t fix him could be through her dry sense of humour because that damage, that devastation that happened or that is still happening can in time be forgiven but can never be taken back

so many people are quick to criticise and comment and get offended on behalf of people they don’t know and on subjects they don’t understand

personally I thought with her previous view on having to deal with celebrities and Chris rock being bought down for the staged interaction several minutes before it was more a comment on him telling his name by saying “Chris of course” and her response being a complete put down on Chris Rock at the expensive of her brothers situation, at least that was the tone from the person that relayed the story

9 minutes ago, Krysuk said:

Regards the Chris comment, speaking as someone that has not only lost several loved ones and some family members through addiction but also as someone who currently works in the nonprofit sector for an organization dedicated to the rehabilitation of those in or recovering from addiction let’s keep one thing in mind here.

addiction doesn’t just affect the person, it’s has devastating ongoing and forever damaging impact on everyone around them, family especially can be destroyed and all their lives forever scarred by this

none of us know the ins and outs or what has actually happened over the years there other than the public barbs on all sides of the family, perhaps people need to consider that having invested a lot historically into Chris her way of dealing with either the past or realisation she can’t fix him could be through her dry sense of humour because that damage, that devastation that happened or that is still happening can in time be forgiven but can never be taken back

so many people are quick to criticise and comment and get offended on behalf of people they don’t know and on subjects they don’t understand

personally I thought with her previous view on having to deal with celebrities and Chris rock being bought down for the staged interaction several minutes before it was more a comment on him telling his name by saying “Chris of course” and her response being a complete put down on Chris Rock at the expensive of her brothers situation, at least that was the tone from the person that relayed the story

That's all good, but for outside people it's just not funny

5 hours ago, madgefan said:

Christopher Ciccone wrote himself in his book that he was an addict. Madonna's been called out a number of times by the tabloids because 'she doesn't care about her brothers' when  she actually gave them some help back in the day. She's shared private matters onstage throughout her career, you don't like it then don't listen.

How does this justify that some of you find her brother's problems hilarious, and that apparently he deserves it for writing a book? They already made up as far as we know so that kind of vitriol is really puzzling, but I guess anything to protect the queenie. 

So why are some here assuming that she was talking about Christopher?  She has two other brothers who were known alcoholics and into drugs.  Martin has been known to enjoy the bottle, and he made no secret of it, back in the day.  Her other brother who may or may not be still homeless had a drinking issue as well.   (EDIT:  At the time of writing this; I was unaware of the actual exchange which she did mentioned a name. It wasn't until a later post made by another member clarifying she did mentioned Chris's name). 

I have to agree to some extent, it's probably not a very nice thing to do, by making light of a family member's addictions, but then again if it is aimed at Christopher, I'd say he deserves whatever coming to him. She employed him. Without her, he wouldn't have had the connections he had gotten for his art jobs.  She tried to help him many times, but he refused to get clean.  In the end, he sold her out with that book of his. 

But why are some surprised of Madonna doing this?  She outed Christopher very early on without his permission. She did the same to a dancer on the Blond Ambition Tour.  

As for the Chicago show, it seems it went very well for her.  I still take issue with the time she goes on, but at least it's now announced in advance that she goes on at 10:30.  Fans can be more prepared and not have to show up earlier if they don't want to.

Edited by Mark Collins (see edit history)

I can see both sides. Chris' book hurt Madonna in ways I can't imagine. There are no excuses for what he did. At the same time, i know his fight isn't easy. We've had people in our family who have had addiction issues too and it's a rough go on everyone depending on how bad it is and the impact of it especially if they don't or aren't able to get help or get rescued out of their situation. 

7 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I can see both sides. Chris' book hurt Madonna in ways I can't imagine. There are no excuses for what he did. At the same time, i know his fight isn't easy. We've had people in our family who have had addiction issues too and it's a rough go on everyone depending on how bad it is and the impact of it especially if they don't or aren't able to get help or get rescued out of their situation. 

Anyway, it's none of our business, this isn't TMZ.

14 minutes ago, Fighter? said:

How does this justify that some of you find her brother's problems hilarious, and that apparently he deserves it for writing a book? They already made up as far as we know so that kind of vitriol is really puzzling, but I guess anything to protect the queenie. 

Thanks for thinking objectively, it’s nice to see people who don’t defend everything she does. Yes the show seems great but this seems like a real bum note.

1 minute ago, scion said:

Thanks for thinking objectively, it’s nice to see people who don’t defend everything she does. Yes the show seems great but this seems like a real bum note.

I'm still waiting to see what she said and how so I'm not jumping to conclusions. ?‍♂️

• Fighter unfeatured this topic
3 minutes ago, Fighter? said:

I'm still waiting to see what she said and how so I'm not jumping to conclusions. ?‍♂️

I'm sure it was all in tongue and cheek.  Still, I can see how some might take offense to it.  Again, if she aimed it at Christopher, I don't really feel sorry for him.  He's an ass for the book he wrote.  It may not be our business, but he made it public, so it's hard to escape criticism on both sides of the issue.

5 minutes ago, Mark Collins said:

I'm sure it was all in tongue and cheek.  Still, I can see how some might take offense to it.  Again, if she aimed it at Christopher, I don't really feel sorry for him.  He's an ass for the book he wrote.  It may not be our business, but he made it public, so it's hard to escape criticism on both sides of the issue.

That’s exactly it. Surely if he should be criticised for it, so should she? It’s a shame on both sides. Families eh.

10 minutes ago, Mark Collins said:

Regardless...the whole idea of fans making vile comments about her family issues is ??. Same when they bring up Rocco. Who are any of us to speculate about and mock people's personal lives? 

4 minutes ago, scion said:

That’s exactly it. Surely if he should be criticised for it, so should she? It’s a shame on both sides. Families eh.

Just now, Fighter? said:

Regardless...the whole idea of fans making vile comments about her family issues is ??. Same when they bring up Rocco. Who are any of us to speculate about and mock her personal life? 

If she was making light of such on any other family member, but Christopher, I would agree.  If it was aimed at Christopher, I really don't care.  He's admitted to his problems.  He aired out his dirty laundry in his book.  He dished his sister without her consent, so it's all fair play at this point.  

To be clear, I don't condone people making vile comments about her family issues either. 

5 hours ago, *mlvc* said:

Did I mention Frozen?

Thanks for your review. I enjoyed reading it.  :)

As for the jokes that you mentioned she should get new material, is it because you just didn't particularly like it, or because she already did it at BAM?  If it's the latter, to be fair, no one going to the shows should have even heard the material especially with the no camera/devices allowed.  It's just so we live in a time, people are going to record it if they can find a way to do so, without getting caught.   Keep in mind, Comedians pretty much tell the same jokes from venue to venue. The point is; the show is meant for Virgin ears. For much of her touring history, she's always been known to stick to one specific set list.  Of course, from city to city, some of the talk in between will be slightly different like at any show she's done in the past.

36 minutes ago, Mark Collins said:

If she was making light of such on any other family member, but Christopher, I would agree.  If it was aimed at Christopher, I really don't care.  He's admitted to his problems.  He aired out his dirty laundry in his book.  He dished his sister without her consent, so it's all fair play at this point.  

To be clear, I don't condone people making vile comments about her family issues either. 

I agree with this, and considering how he's treated her and how she hasn't said anything in public in retaliation in the past, I find it a lot less offensive and just a snarky remark than her making fun of a fan's job or accent which Fighter considered just her brand of humor.  If you heard it, you wouldn't feel the same way.  Anyway, her humor is hit or miss at times.

1 hour ago, Fighter? said:

According to someone else on Tribe, that was all she said:

"When she was talking to the fan and he said his name is Chris, she said "I have a brother named Chris. He's an alcoholic. And he is addicted to cocaine. ". She didn't really dwell on that for long. Just mentioned it, very matter of fact. I was really surprised she said it."

3 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

According to someone else on Tribe, that was all she said:

"When she was talking to the fan and he said his name is Chris, she said "I have a brother named Chris. He's an alcoholic. And he is addicted to cocaine. ". She didn't really dwell on that for long. Just mentioned it, very matter of fact. I was really surprised she said it."

Ahh, thanks for the clarification, because I was unaware if she mentioned the name of her brother, hence my question a couple posts back.

So yeah, it sounds like she was being snarky.  I'm not too bothered by it, since he wrote a book about his addictions, so it's not like she shared something that wasn't known.  

2 hours ago, Mark Collins said:

Thanks for your review. I enjoyed reading it.  :)

As for the jokes that you mentioned she should get new material, is it because you just didn't particularly like it, or because she already did it at BAM?  If it's the latter, to be fair, no one going to the shows should have even heard the material especially with the no camera/devices allowed.  It's just so we live in a time, people are going to record it if they can find a way to do so, without getting caught.   Keep in mind, Comedians pretty much tell the same jokes from venue to venue. The point is; the show is meant for Virgin ears. For much of her touring history, she's always been known to stick to one specific set list.  Of course, from city to city, some of the talk in between will be slightly different like at any show she's done in the past.

It’s the “what do you call a man with a small penis?” joke. I knew it was coming so I yelled “DONALD TRUMP!” Almost the entire theater roared with laughter and Madonna said,  “hmm, interesting” or something along those lines. I think I took her off guard because she did use that as the punchline at one of the BAM performances.

Yes, comedians do the same show over and over, and it had nothing to do with recordings, the people on the boards report these things. The joke has became stale. That’s all.

15 minutes ago, *mlvc* said:

It’s the “what do you call a man with a small penis?” joke. I knew it was coming so I yelled “DONALD TRUMP!” Almost the entire theater roared with laughter and Madonna said,  “hmm, interesting” or something along those lines. I think I took her off guard because she did use that as the punchline at one of the BAM performances.

Yes, comedians do the same show over and over, and it had nothing to do with recordings, the people on the boards report these things. The joke has became stale. That’s all.

She wasn't pissed? Or she turned that into the joke?

• Fighter featured this topic
  • Enrico unfeatured this topic
  • RUADJAI unpinned this topic