diesel6888

An Audience with Madonna + Graham Norton Show

Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, Kieran said:

Your comment get eaten by mine in the quote 😂

Yes, she was rude and quite cold and distant. I find it really frustrating. What's it going to get a TV broadcast that wows the general public and shows her warmth and scincerity!?! Moments like this seem to put her one or two steps backwards. Her 2015 Johnathon Ross got good feedback if I recall. 

I know it's not all about praise and pleasing the masses but I think there needs to be a bit of give and take. Maybe she really doesn't give a F what the viewers at home think, but it's a shame.

Hoping for number 1 album next week 😁

Yea i wonder why that happened haha, it seems to be fine now though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think Madonna does well on talk shows or interviews unless she feels challenged by someone who is genuinely interested in her. This is why I think her Lettermen appearances worked.

I don't think she does well with anyone who likes her too much and anyone who doesn't like her at all. 

I love Graham Norton's show but it does sometimes come off as a group of guests hanging out in the living room at a party....but these are celebrities, not people wanting to get to know eachother so it feels put on.

The first thing she said was she was not used to sitting next to so many people (in an interview setting) and it unnerved her I think. She has issues for sure and it comes across as being rude. I do not think she thinks she is above anyone. When she is with people she feels she can trust she is open and relaxed. The celebrity world has always made her uptight. 

There is a one on one interview with Graham I want to see. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now I love this woman and love it when she is smart, funny and confident and puts people in their place that need to be.. however in this interview she came across as akward and rude and the general British public will not like her for it.  If the corset is uncomfortable then either suck it up or change into something more comfortable. I don't mind her forwardness and honesty as this is what makes her different, however, when she is cutting in on Sir McKellen, who was so gracious and polite, she looked a bit bratty in my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know where alot of fans have been over the last 30 years. This is how Madonna interacts with other celebrities. I didn't find it rude at all, nor did she come across as awkward. I thought she was funny, and on point. It is classic Madonna humor. They could have at least sat her on a throne so her tits would have sat properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Semtex1 said:

Now I love this woman and love it when she is smart, funny and confident and puts people in their place that need to be.. however in this interview she came across as akward and rude and the general British public will not like her for it.  If the corset is uncomfortable then either suck it up or change into something more comfortable. I don't mind her forwardness and honesty as this is what makes her different, however, when she is cutting in on Sir McKellen, who was so gracious and polite, she looked a bit bratty in my opinion.

oh so it's one of those appearances... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

I don't know where alot of fans have been over the last 30 years. This is how Madonna interacts with other celebrities. I didn't find it rude at all, nor did she come across as awkward. I thought she was funny, and on point. It is classic Madonna humor. They could have at least sat her on a throne so her tits would have sat properly.

I agree it isn't as bad as people are making out. 

I genuinely think she had a bit of anxiety or something. That's how she came across to me, not rude or nasty. 

I think she acted pretty normal really, these kind of shows are so pretentious, celebrities pretending to love each other just to look good and up their profiles. She just didn't give a f**k and I love that about her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, louis.exe said:

she was fed up cause her corset was too tight and her boobs where all over the place which I totally understand why she was the way she was 

Absolutely no excuse. Even if it was slightly responsible for her attitude, she or one of her team should have advised or noticed it would be an issue. Or even she should have realised that her reputation was going to take a kicking and sucked it up.

Was also a shame that her mic was obstructed throughout. The whole thing was just off.

I thought that the video montage would have won her a few fans and loads of album sales... Then she goes and messes it up by turning the audience cold. More harm than good really. And the UKs first real exposure to her after Eurovision press...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

People need to light up and get a sense of humour - she was funny and she was fine, she did seem a bit nervous to begin with though. She also wasn't rude the last time show was the show - if I read one more comment about how she was supposedly rude to the guys who made those creepy dolls I'm going to scream. She was NOT, she was dry and she was herself. Her dry sense of humour is one of the things I have always appreciated about her but I get that some people don't get it and its fine. I am however sick of people constantly trying to find things to criticise her over for absolutely anything. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Kieran said:

Absolutely no excuse. Even if it was slightly responsible for her attitude, she or one of her team should have advised or noticed it would be an issue. Or even she should have realised that her reputation was going to take a kicking and sucked it up.

Was also a shame that her mic was obstructed throughout. The whole thing was just off.

I thought that the video montage would have won her a few fans and loads of album sales... Then she goes and messes it up by turning the audience cold. More harm than good really. And the UKs first real exposure to her after Eurovision press...

yeah you right I just watched last night episode again and she was very rude I will admit but why is everyone so angry with her about it she is known for being a bitch and my post was very dumb I will admit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am blessed. There was Sheryl Crow as well. I am a fan of her, she is very talented. Madonna has difficulty to keep up with english humor and I sometimes find it difficult to understand what she says. She did ok though but how hates it when the attention shifts away from her.  Madonna's boobs had their own life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 8:13 AM, notbizzre said:

And she can't wear it at home? lol

Hate the patch thingy...it's stupid...good on a few photos or even a video but now it seems to be the new replacement of them tooth grillz fixation....

I kinda like it.  It took me awhile to get used to, and I hope she doesn't wear it past this era, but it's fun for now.  Like the gold tooth or the nose ring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really liked the interview, she was funny and I liked it when she and Ian took the piss out of Graham's top. People moaning she was rude are ridiculous, she's always been bitch in interviews that's why I like her. 

My mum would be happy as I couldn't stop looking at her tits :eyes: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

I could see her thinking of how to be funny. Overall it was cute, but she definitely came across wrong. She actually hijacked Sheryl's ONE question she got asked. I think M just needs to work on her comedic timing and know when it's someone else's turn. This is like Dragrace when Vangie is Vangie, but Vangie dont ever shut the fuck up to let someone else have a line cuz its the damn Vangie show. 

I still love her. Hopefully this doesn't end her career.  :smuglaugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, kesiak said:

People need to light up and get a sense of humour - she was funny and she was fine, she did seem a bit nervous to begin with though. She also wasn't rude the last time show was the show - if I read one more comment about how she was supposedly rude to the guys who made those creepy dolls I'm going to scream. She was NOT, she was dry and she was herself. Her dry sense of humour is one of the things I have always appreciated about her but I get that some people don't get it and its fine. I am however sick of people constantly trying to find things to criticise her over for absolutely anything. 

I never thought she was rude in 2012 show... That came off as playful. Last night just came off as belligerent. I do get and love M's humour and attitude, usually. I was looking forward that the show all day to hear her chat and be playful.

On a side note, I seriously believe that she requested to have the show to herself and was turned down. I thought that before the show and then she cracked the couch joke... 😂 Love her for that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, louis.exe said:

yeah you right I just watched last night episode again and she was very rude I will admit but why is everyone so angry with her about it she is known for being a bitch and my post was very dumb I will admit

Im not angry... Not my place to be. I just want her to be received well to capitalise on this great album especially. Think she makes it difficult for herself. Her wardrobe issue shows that she needs better advisors. Johnathon Ross 2015 she came across so well and warm, made positive headlines (but then she had the couch to herself 😂)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has to be a combination of her determination and whoever is coaching her for these appearances. It’s like she comes “in character” as though the interview is part of the album performance versus her just chatting about the album. It wasn’t always like this, but during RH MDNA even HC it has been. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DickTracy said:

It has to be a combination of her determination and whoever is coaching her for these appearances. It’s like she comes “in character” as though the interview is part of the album performance versus her just chatting about the album. It wasn’t always like this, but during RH MDNA even HC it has been. 

Completely agree - it's as though she is 'trying' too hard to be a certain way - to display an expected attitude. If she just relaxed and showed the fun, charming, inspirational side of herself (and took off the friggin eyepatch!) :heart:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched an old interview she did from 2005 for Confessions on UK TV and she seemed far more friendly back then, compared to how she was the other night. And far more natural looking! Those grills and eye patch she wears is just embarrassing, she is sort of reminding me of how Michael Jackson went really weird towards the end.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, matt221087 said:

Just watched an old interview she did from 2005 for Confessions on UK TV and she seemed far more friendly back then, compared to how she was the other night. And far more natural looking! Those grills and eye patch she wears is just embarrassing, she is sort of reminding me of how Michael Jackson went really weird towards the end.

 

Yeah she’s much more relaxed and friendly there but you have to remember that was nearly 15 years ago, happily married, settled, just had one of her biggest ever singles. A lot has happened since then both personally and career wise.

You’re dead right about the eyepatch and grill though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Write here...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.