diesel6888

An Audience with Madonna + Graham Norton Show

she did great up until the spotlight wasn’t on her anymore, that’s how it looked to me, when ian came she kept commenting everything and she did come across as rude while he was very nice and joking about himself

she seemed really uncomfortable with the corset, sky high boobs, eye patch, grills and a ton of jewelry, but it was fun to look at, and funny that after so many years she still doesn’t make sure that she can breathe in her clothes lol

15 hours ago, Can-We-Get-Together said:

I agree it isn't as bad as people are making out. 

I genuinely think she had a bit of anxiety or something. That's how she came across to me, not rude or nasty. 

I think she acted pretty normal really, these kind of shows are so pretentious, celebrities pretending to love each other just to look good and up their profiles. She just didn't give a f**k and I love that about her. 

I thought it was anxiety as well.  I thought I read that she had made a comment on Graham about her Propranolol not having kicked in. It's a medication for stage fright.  

On 6/15/2019 at 12:20 PM, P A P i said:

She needs to stop taking herself so serious, relax and also show some humility for goodness sake.

That was a car crash of an interview and the interactions with other guests was just awful.

Oh Jeez - late on this bandwagon as I went straight from Ali Pali to a retreat.

Catching up on the 'so-called' Norton debacle now.

WTF are you lot on about? :eyes: :laughing:

This was a great interview. She was every bit Madonna.

Pretentious super-bitch with a slightly nasal, over enunciated speech. This is always tempered by her inimitable, trademark dry humour...the combination is a winner as it shows her vulnerability and makes for compelling viewing (it's also why she's like marmite). Madge was ridiculously lovable in this interview.

I really don't see how this is any different to any other occasion. Why explain the traits of a lifetime away with accusations of 'anxiety'? 

She's always had a handbag full of quips and her piss taking is a term of endearment. 

I just hope the Ali Pali interview is streamed in full as it really was hilarious/priceless in places. I'm sure it will sooner or later (ooh perhaps as an extra on the tour dvd if it doesn't surface?).

On 6/16/2019 at 7:05 AM, adirondak said:

I thought it was anxiety as well.  I thought I read that she had made a comment on Graham about her Propranolol not having kicked in. It's a medication for stage fright.  

Kinda cool to know she takes Propranolol. I can see why she would take it; it's a betablocker that helps reduce the fight or flight syndrome. I have stacks of it with my other meds. 

Yeah, I think she needs a certain environment to thrive. I watched the 20 min Today interview earlier, with that older guy who said they were neighbours. She was great. A charm! I think the pretentiousness of TV chat shows especially with other 'celebs' throws her off a little. I thought she was joking about the meds, also!