Fighter

The 'Madame X' Fan Reviews Thread

1. Medellin - Grower! Didnt like it at first but now I find myself listening to it all the time. Not much to say, you've all heard it. 9/10

2. Dark Ballet - Not impressed. Sounds like a tour interlude and not an album track. Makes me confused and because of all the changes I can't concentrate and enjoy it. "They are so naive..." is my fav part. 4/10

3. God Control - LOVE IT! Loving the voice/singing at the beggining :) It's different from anything we've heard from her before. Disco part somehow reminds me of "Beautiful Scars" 9/10

4. Future - Great track but unfortunately it instantly reminds me of that chaotic Eurovision performance. 8/10

5. Batuka - Not my cup of tea but I expected that since reviews started coming out. Her voice is really weirdly autotuned. 2/10

6. Killers... - I get what she wanted to say but also - not so much. Filler track. Not impressed. 3/10

7. Crave - Loved it right away and still do. 10/10

8. Crazy - Great pop song! Great melodies, arrangment and not too autotuned vocals. 9/10

9. Come Alive - Body shop v2, catchy chorus but forgetable in general. Not the strongest link. 6/10

10. Extreme Occident - Was waiting for this song since the teaser came out. Great song and would be even better if it had a stronger beat on the last chorus. Left me hungry for more. 8/10

11. Faz Gostoso - I don't understand what others hear in this but I'm not a fan. Annita was unnecessary. 5/10

12. Bitch I'm Loca - More like Maluma feat Madonna. But that doesn't mean that the song is bad, it's pretty good actually. Makes you wanna dance! 7/10

13. I Don't Search I Find - Vogue on a budget, but so nice to hear the "old Madonna" sound after so long. 8/10

14. Looking For Mercy - Love at first listening. Amazing song with great music. Would be a great single imo. Can imagine a very cinematic music video to this. 10/10

15. I Rise - The more I listen to it, the more I like it. Loving the lyrics! 9/10

Just my opinion that is probably going to change over time. Also, English is not my native language so don't judge haha. 

I'll elaborate later, but for now...

Im so amazed at how this woman can take songs that are so different and smash them together to make a cohesive album. Im also so amazed that this woman can continue to make music in this industry and find a way to be inspired and end up creating music that charms me like a snake. 

Just finished my first listening and still waiting for HQ files to fully appreciate the sound. Anyway these are my early instictive feelings.

As, after a vary flat and low phase, Rebel Heart was a return to form, in terms of melodic solidity and catchy hooks (worsen by the heaviest production possible), Madame X is a statement of musical freedom, curiosity, maturity and boldness; as Rebel Heart was at the continuous reasearch of impact effects and emotional picks, Madame X is anticlimatic and rarefied, deconstructed and full of unpredictable turns; as Rebel Heart was discontinuous and chaotic, Madame X is a full run, a coherent and flowing experience. I'm surprised by how all the genres presented in the album seem to integrate each other in such a smooth and graceful way. I can't understand whoever think she is interested in charts with this ... for me this is the zone of the same girl that, after Like a Prayer, at the top of her career, released a cold, metallic and uncompromising work as Erotica.

This albun could not find better locations than theatres and it's really gonna be an experience this time (waiting for you Lisbon!!). I can see her going deep in her back catalogue to some good old songs (Secret, Rain, The power of goodbye), a pair of deep cuts (To have and not to hold, Love profusion, Rescue me, even Secret Garden or Pray for Spanish Eyes would meet the mood) and really revisited versions of major classics. I had not heard any other song except Medellin till now, so I simply wanna add, having read some disappointment about the structure of Dark Ballet, that the song is a ballet indeed, not to be heard as a traditional track imo. I wouldn't compare it to an interlude. Here and then the lyrics are cringy, it's got to be said, but the whole thing breaths life in and out: love, courage, commitment, sharing, sensuality, hope, strenght.

God Control, I don't search I find, Dark Ballet, Crave, Killers, Extreme Occident, Future, Come Alive and Faz Gostoso are my first listening favourites... welcome back M, where the f...ck have you been?!

medellin: 7/10

dark ballet: 8/10

god control: 10/10

future: 5/10

batuka: 10/10

killers: 4/10

crave: 8/10

crazy: 3/10

come alive: 4/10

extreme occident: 8/10

faz gostoso: 4/10

bitch i;m loca: 8/10

i dont search i find: 10/10

looking for mercy: 6/10

i rise: 6/10

all i have to say is that god control should have been the first single (with a clever video).

1. Medellin: 8.5/10 (Nice song to introduce album)

2. Dark Ballet: 7/10 (I mean, its good song but, sound unfinished, but for now, good one)

3. God Control: 10/10 (Amazing and very weird song)

4. Future: 7/10 (Quavo is so not needed here, Madonna part is so much better)

5. Batuka: 10/10 (I can not describe how this song is amazing for me)

6. Killers Who Is Partying: 6.5/10 (I dont how what to say about that song, I just dont like it so much)

7. Crave: 8/10 (Nice ballade)

8. Crazy: 6.5/10 (Similar to Come Alive, not so interesting song)

9. Come Alive: 7?/10 (Upgraded Body Shop song)

10. Extreme Occident: 8/10 (For me, AL vibe in some part, very good song)

11. Faz Gostoso: 10/10 (First listen was all I need to fall in love with this song)

12. Bitch Im Loca: 9/10 (Very good song, if only Medellin had that vibe)

13. I Don't Search I Find: 10/10 (Amazing song! Mirwais personal Vogue! For me, sound like Bed Time story meets Confessions era)

14. Looking for Mercy: 10/10 (Again, amazing song! I don't know how to describe it, maybe like better version of Wash All Over Me)

15. I Rise: 10/10 (Great Lyrics, reminds me of Nobody Knows Me)

Madame X as full album: 8.5/10

Better than RH, HC and MDNA

This is global album for me. You can hear many different styles in just one song. Love how she experimented with many different styles and manage to get very good album. Personal favorite song for me: God Control, Batuka, Faz Gostoso, I Dont Search I Find, Looking for Mercy, I Rise and ofc, Medellin. 

PS: Sorry for my bad english ;)

13 hours ago, GraffitiHeart said:

1. Medellin - Grower! Didnt like it at first but now I find myself listening to it all the time. Not much to say, you've all heard it. 9/10

2. Dark Ballet - Not impressed. Sounds like a tour interlude and not an album track. Makes me confused and because of all the changes I can't concentrate and enjoy it. "They are so naive..." is my fav part. 4/10

3. God Control - LOVE IT! Loving the voice/singing at the beggining :) It's different from anything we've heard from her before. Disco part somehow reminds me of "Beautiful Scars" 9/10

4. Future - Great track but unfortunately it instantly reminds me of that chaotic Eurovision performance. 8/10

5. Batuka - Not my cup of tea but I expected that since reviews started coming out. Her voice is really weirdly autotuned. 2/10

6. Killers... - I get what she wanted to say but also - not so much. Filler track. Not impressed. 3/10

7. Crave - Loved it right away and still do. 10/10

8. Crazy - Great pop song! Great melodies, arrangment and not too autotuned vocals. 9/10

9. Come Alive - Body shop v2, catchy chorus but forgetable in general. Not the strongest link. 6/10

10. Extreme Occident - Was waiting for this song since the teaser came out. Great song and would be even better if it had a stronger beat on the last chorus. Left me hungry for more. 8/10

11. Faz Gostoso - I don't understand what others hear in this but I'm not a fan. Annita was unnecessary. 5/10

12. Bitch I'm Loca - More like Maluma feat Madonna. But that doesn't mean that the song is bad, it's pretty good actually. Makes you wanna dance! 7/10

13. I Don't Search I Find - Vogue on a budget, but so nice to hear the "old Madonna" sound after so long. 8/10

14. Looking For Mercy - Love at first listening. Amazing song with great music. Would be a great single imo. Can imagine a very cinematic music video to this. 10/10

15. I Rise - The more I listen to it, the more I like it. Loving the lyrics! 9/10

Just my opinion that is probably going to change over time. Also, English is not my native language so don't judge haha. 

Wow you ale almost same as my gf :D she loves looking for mercy :D  she doesnt like disco stuff somegow :( she says its sound like old madonna and the album is so fresh and new and awesome that she doesnt like it so much :D 

My favorites so far: Dark Ballet, God Control, Killers, Crave, Crazy, Extreme Occident, Faz Gostoso and Looking For Mercy.

Medellín is an ok song for me. Catchy groove. 3/5

Dark Ballet is a great experimental song. Love the spoken vocals and the piano on it. 4/5

God Control issuch an apotheotic song. Did not enjoy the grillz at the first listen but now I'm in love with every part of the song. It grows more and more. 5/5

I didn't enjoy the vocals in Batuka but love the song's atmosphere. 3/5

Future has a great vibe for me and love its lyrics. 4/5

Killers is my favorite one so far! The chorus in portuguese brings tears in my eyes. I really cried at the first listen. Love the vocals and the fado-style instrumental. 5/5

Love Crave so much. It connects with my soul and makes me to dance in a different way. Love Swae Lee vocals. 5/5

Crazy is such a cute song! Love the vocals here and again, it's amazing to hear M singing in portuguese. 5/5

I need to listen more Come Alive. For me it's a song that did not catch me immediately. Love its outro! 3/5

Extreme Occident is one of the tracks I was more excited to hear and really worthed it. I need to hear it with more quality. 5/5

When I knew M covered Faz Gostoso I hated it. Why to cover a such recent song? And with Anitta (I'm not a fan...). But the track is fire! It makes me dance. Love it! Love the backing vocals from Anitta on it. 4/5

Bitch I'm Loca is the only song I didn't enjoy. Maybe I should listen to it more and with more quality. 2/5

Love the I Don't Search I Find '90s atmophere and the spoken vocals but something really did not catch me. I don't know what is it. Not a fan of it at the first listen. 3/5

Looking for Mercy is wow! Beautiful vocals and lyrics. Maybe too long but anyway it's a great song. It looks for me more a closing song than I Rise. 5/5

I Rise has great lyrics and message. 4/5

Based on the vinyl rip (I will likely update these once I hear a HQ version)

Medellin: 1/10

Dark Ballet: 4/10

God Control: 7/10

Future: 2/10

Batuka: 1/10

Killers Who Are Partying: 2/10

Crave: 3/10

Crazy: 2/10

Come Alive: 3/10

Extreme Occident: 4/10

Faz Gostoso: 1/10

Bitch I'm Loca: 1/10

I Don't Search I Find: 6/10

Looking For Mercy: 7/10

I Rise: 4/10

All in all, its not a terrible album, and there are a few highlights, but it's so patchy and disjointed, some of the songs sound either unfinished or that they just need a little something more 'oomph'. I think it needs a few more listens with a better quality rip, but so far, I get very little excitement from this album at all... it's just rather 'blah'. The high points on the album are God Control, I Don't Search I Find, and Looking For Mercy.... the latter being an incredibly beautiful song. I would probably rate the album higher if her vocals weren't so horribly distorted with the various autotune/vocoder effects... not hearing her real singing voice at all on this album is a real loss. Overall rating 4/10

1 hour ago, PWCCA said:

Based on the vinyl rip (I will likely update these once I hear a HQ version)

Medellin: 1/10

Dark Ballet: 4/10

God Control: 7/10

Future: 2/10

Batuka: 1/10

Killers Who Are Partying: 2/10

Crave: 3/10

Crazy: 2/10

Come Alive: 3/10

Extreme Occident: 4/10

Faz Gostoso: 1/10

Bitch I'm Loca: 1/10

I Don't Search I Find: 6/10

Looking For Mercy: 7/10

I Rise: 4/10

All in all, its not a terrible album, and there are a few highlights, but it's so patchy and disjointed, some of the songs sound either unfinished or that they just need a little something more 'oomph'. I think it needs a few more listens with a better quality rip, but so far, I get very little excitement from this album at all... it's just rather 'blah'. The high points on the album are God Control, I Don't Search I Find, and Looking For Mercy.... the latter being an incredibly beautiful song. I would probably rate the album higher if her vocals weren't so horribly distorted with the various autotune/vocoder effects... not hearing her real singing voice at all on this album is a real loss. Overall rating 4/10

Maybe you'll like it more once you hear the hq version,way it was meant to be heard. That vinyl rip is bad. 

I think we can describe Madame X as the best way to get into Madonna's fun nights during these last 2 years.

Listening to these songs makes me feel like I am watching her & her people through a window.

Rebel Heart felt like a mixtape and MDNA (+ Hard Candy) just a bunch of demos she liked and recorded. 

Madame X may not have the catchiest tracks, but it's, by far, the best she's offered in more than a decade.

8 hours ago, Dito said:

Huge long ass review incoming so be prepared. :dead:

-----

First of all, what an AMAZING ALBUM! This is exactly what has been missing in the past 10 years: personal lyrics in most songs and not just in some random 2 or 3 among 10 generic ones, more depth in melodies, a variety of instruments and styles... truly one of her best in my opinion. I think she's been lost since the divorce back in 2008 and needed a change of pace and air to find herself again. The inspiration she found in Lisbon fueled her back into artistic shape. Hard Candy was a sad album trying to pose as upbeat, MDNA was just for the money without any soul whatsoever and Rebel Heart flopped for numerous reasons (the leak, the issues with Rocco, the adoptions, etc). But now Madame X has returned after 2 years of a Lisbon life with Port wine and Chouriços and she's ready to take on the world! :Madonna054:

1. Medellín - I'm in the minority of fans who actually like this song. I actually like it as the opening because it introduces the experimental sonical side of the album that is to come in the next songs, with unexpected changes of pace and a mix of Reggaeton and Pop. It's a chill, unpretentious song that doesn't try to be anything else. I think most fans don't like it because it doesn't have a crescendo. And that's exactly why I like it, it's like it has its own plot twist. 7/10

2. Dark Ballet - So this one is controversial, but it's actually genious. I think she called it "Ballet" because, like a ballet play, it has 2 acts. The first act is the classical piano and an electro beat, invoking a critic from the patriarchal state of society that needs to be changed. Then comes the 2nd act. I LOVE the spoken verses ("They are so naive...") and the Nutcracker sample works beautifully imo, like a dark twist on a classic song with an unnerving autotune. Madame X thinks things through and she's aware of your crimes. We can also hear the twins blowing in the end with her. Cute. 8/10

3. God Control - It starts all melancholic and again, I must be the only one that thinks she's singing with her teeth clenched like she's angry for a purpose because of the lyrics ("I think I understand why people get a gun!"). I don't think she had the grills on. Then the choir comes and a disco beat drops. It's as if Madame X went back to the 70s and made a song with ABBA. "This is your wake-up call!" - a woman says. Even though it's Disco, it seems somewhat dark, almost like she's trying to light up a serious matter (gun control). Almost like satire even. It's 6 minutes long but feels like 3. I don't understand the rap part though but maybe it has to do with the videoclip. 8/10

4. Future - Honestly, it's one of her best songs ever for me. I love the political messages on chill tracks in this album, it's like voicing an opinion with confidence, calmly. It's a bit bitchy in my perception ("not everyone is coming to the future" bye bitch lmaoo :salty:) and the reggae sounds mix well with Quavo's voice. The autotune is also perfect in this song for me, I wouldn't like it as much if it was done with her normal voice because I think the purpose was to sound repetitive and robotic. It's like an apocalyptic robot watching over us saying that not everyone is coming to the future and we need to get our shit together. 8/10

5. Batuka - One of the. best. songs. in. her. whole. career! This woman has almost 40 years of industry and only NOW does she do REAL african music!! I knew I'd like it since I've heard Batuka since I was a child (the group of Batukadeiras she worked with actually live really close from my house!) and it sounds like a tribal cry to war. The lyrics are a bit basic but I think that's because it was David that wrote them,. The Batukadeira chant needed to be longer tbh since it's perfection. I can't wait to hear this live with drums and the Batukadeiras in a circle grooving to the drums of life. The sad ending with the pianos are the perfect touch. 10/10!

6. Killers Who Are Partying - FADO! Portuguese guitar! This is exactly what I expected her to do and what I was envisioning for the album. I knew she couldn't do real Fado because she doesn't have the voice nor the technique required, so this is as close as she can get. It's a bit weird hearing Brazilian Portuguese with Fado sounds but I guess that's because I'm a native portuguese so for most of you it shouldn't be an issue. It's one of the highlights of the album, even though the lyrics need some interpretation (although I think the "killers" are the straight white men ruling the patriarchy?...). She identifies herself with several victims (Africa, Israel, children, gays, women, etc...). I want to step into a Café and order a Pastel de Nata while listening to this in an intimate setting. It's archaic, folkloric, barroco. It will be amazing on the tour. 9/10

7. Crave 5/10
8. Crazy 5/10
9. Come Alive 6/10 
Ok now comes what I call The Three Boring C's. You're gonna hate me but I think Crave, Crazy and Come Alive are generic and all sound alike, except Come Alive that is kinda like the twin of Body Shop and the only one I can manage to listen. It's just 3 Ariana Grande songs and they're just meh for me. Sorry (not sorry) :Madonna032:

10. Extreme Occident - Madame X sings about the West on a song with Eastern indian sounds, the musical shade of it all :dead: this is one of her best lyrics ever, she talks about going to the Far East which I can assume is either her move to New York at 17 or joining Kaballah, although I can assume it's the former because she talks about finding herself. The thing that hurt Madame X the most though was that she wasn't lost, so then the indian beat drops and we discover that it was actually lucidity and craziness all along. "Believe me." Life is also a circle, guys. We begin it sucking on a tit and end up sucking on a dick. A full circle. 9/10

11. Faz Gostoso - I LOVE Blaya's version so I knew I was gonna like the remake. She took the original and made it more Brazilian. There's 30 seconds more of a Samba breakdown, Anitta serves more as a background singer and they both sing in English and Portuguese. Her accent is actually quite good to be honest. I still prefer Blaya's version because of the lyrics and the history behind it, but it's an album highlight and should be a hit in Portugal & Brazil. 8/10 

12. Bitch I'm Loca - Maluma is back (unfortunately) but Bitch I'm Loca finalizes the Latin Holy Trinity of Medellín, Soltera & Bitch I'm Loca. This one is WAY more reggaeton and she has a slayer bitchy attitude on it. It keeps you dancing after Faz Gostoso. If the 3 Latin ones with Maluma were together on the album, it would make way more sense and offer a Latin dance section. 7/10

13. I Don't Search I Find - JESUS F- CHRIST. DITA IS BACK :Madonna023: I could swear this was a demo from The Rain Tapes if the credits didn't say it was just her & Mirwais. Who could have seen Mirwais doing house perfection?! It takes me right back to 1992. The spoken verses even SOUND like her voice during the Erotica time, I don't know how that's even possible :wide-eyes: an album AND career highlight in my opinion. The lyrics are nothing special, just "I found love, I found peace, I found you". The "Platinum gold inside your soul" verse is original. Can't wait to hear it in HQ and dance it at a club without my shirt on. 10/10

14. Looking For Mercy - This was one THE SURPRISE for most fans. I also thought this would be a filler random generic ballad but Lord Jesus, no. It's deep, sad, melancholic. The album should have ended with this one. "Flawed by design" is one of her best lines ever. I still don't know if she's looking for literal mercy or if it's an ode to her problematic daughter Mercy but either way, it's sooo good. It will definitely be on the tour. It's as if Time Stood Still and Best Night had a baby together. 9/10

15. I Rise - Boring track, never really quite liked it. I know it's a gay anthem and bla bla bla, but it just lacks oomph even as a midtempo ballad. After the brilliant Looking For Mercy this sounds like the credits in the ending of a movie at the cinema. 6/10

My Top 5:
- Batuka
- I Don't Search I Find
- Dark Ballet
- Killers Who Are Partying
- Extreme Occident

It's also in my Top 5 albums.

WELCOME BACK MADAME X AND THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING MY CITY TO LIVE :Madonna041:

OMG, we're almost on the same path! 😍

I have to preface this review by saying that American Life is my favorite Madonna album since Ray of Light. There is something about her creative process with Mirwais that brings together experimental sound with raw, visceral lyrics in ways that are reminiscent of her Erotica days.  I was excited when she announced they were working together back in 2018 and I am ecstatic about (most of) Madame X. There are elements of Erotica, Bedtime Stories and American Life in this title, and that makes it very self-referential. 

1. Medellin - Dreamy, summer bop. Great chemistry between the two. I wish she and Interscope had more confidence in her own ability to carry the first single without having to rely on collaborations with whoever's most in (Justin Timberlake, Nicki Minaj, Maluma, Swae Lee...). 7/10

2. Dark Ballet - Never thought I'd ever hear vocoder Madonna on acid over a sample from the Nutcracker. It's bonkers,  and it's genius. 8/10

3. God Control - The first of three highlights of the album. Classic dance track, which elevates an unflinching political message. It's very catchy and plays hymnal Gregorian chants against a disco beat (Mirwais is clever!). Can't wait for the video. 10/10

4. Future - We all saw the Eurovision performance didn't really do the song justice. The song feels somewhat unfinished on its own, but it brings yet another layer of experimentation and complements Dark Ballet and God Control. 7/10

5. Batuka - Excellent beat, very atmospheric. I hope she performs it on tour. 8/10

6. Killers Who Are Partying -  The lyrics are definitely going to divide opinion. Personally, I find them a bit too contrived. It's probably as close to fado as she'd get.  8/10

7. Crave - It's fresh, though I really think it could be anyone's song. 6/10

8. Crazy - The lyrics are clever, but it sounds like something that was meant for Hard Candy. 6/10

9. Come Alive - It's an upbeat, feel-good song. It's somewhat forgettable on first listen. 7/10

10. Extreme Occident - Complex, piano driven, biographical. Melancholic and intense.  8/10

11. Faz Gostoso  - Madonna could have done this one her own. She sounds like she is having fun.  8/10

12. Bitch I'm Loca - This song pales in comparison to Soltera. Probably the least favorite of the album for me. 5/10 

13.  I Don't Search I Find - It immediately sent me back to Erotica. Its spoken part gave me chills - almost like it was lifted straight off an unreleased song recorded in the early 1990s. 10/10 

14. Looking for Mercy - An introspective and immensely beautiful ballad. Powerful lyrics. It sounds like a continuation to Intervention and Mother and Father from American Life.  10/10

15. I Rise - Before I heard God Control and IDSIF, it was my favorite. It's an empowering and uplifting end to the album. 9/10 

People have said this is her best album since Confessions. It certainly is more ambitious than more recent releases, and the mere breadth of styles and experimental sound is extraordinary. Some would say Mirwais has overdone the autotune, but I think that's entirely intentional as opposed to correctional and gives a sense of cohesion to the album. Can't wait for the tour!

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a5d001ca26673516841

Not for me... I will think of this episode in her career as if it had never happened. :):)

This is setting the bar too low (after a few listens, it's my least favourite album without doubt). But, can it be called like that? I would say it's a collection of songs, each one more out of place than the previous. :confused:

•Medellín. I never liked this boring and overrated song. This is terrible. 1/10 🤢

•Dark Ballet: 4/10

•God Control: 6/10

•Future: 2/10

•Batuka: 2/10

•Killers Who Are Partying: 4/10

•Crave: 2/10

•Crazy: 2/10

•Come Alive: 3/10

•Extreme Occident: 🙄 5/10

•Faz Gostoso: 1/10 -totally unnecessary recording-

•Bitch I'm Loca. Is this a joke? 1/10 🤢🤢🤢🤦‍♂️ -even more unnecessary recording-

•I Don't Search I Find: 6/10

•Looking for Mercy: 9/10

•I Rise: finally, 4/10

It's like they had a blender on hand and they said "well, we have no idea what to do with this album, let's see what we get out from this".

No direction, no artistry aims in the conception, no background at all... what a junk of an album they did with Madame Autotune X, sorry 😥:coffee:

•Album rating: 3.5/10 :clapp:

1. Medellin - After listening to it for more than 150 times I still adore this track. Great opening - 10/10

2. Dark Ballet - My first reaction: :03:But now I think it's one of the highlights. It's really Madonna's Bohemian Rhapsody. - 10/10

3. God Control - I think it's already overrated. Confessions fans would love it but I don't like it much. Anyways a good work. - 6/10

4. Future - It seems basic to me at first listen, but with every listening I like this song more and more. - 9/10

5. Batuka - Hmm.... I don't really know what to think about this one. It suits the style of the album and has interesting africian vibe. For me it's still just eh - 4/10

6. Killers Who Are Partying - Chorus is amazing, but her voice is horrible during the long notes. This song would be without autotune and voice decoder. Begging is too long. Ugh, this song could be better. May be it would sound better in high quality - 5/10

7. Crave - Love at first listen. But I think I've already overplayed it. Production isn't great bc it will age in 2-3 years. But song is very touchy, honest and has that classic Madonna's vibe - 10/10

8. Crazy - Just a fine track. It doesn't give much. Just cute. - 6/10

9. Come Alive - Filler. Repetetive lyrics. Boring sound. It has atmoshere though - 4/10

10. Extreme Occident - Lyrics are brilliant, I like chorus, trance mood. Ending is kinda repetetive though. - 8/10

11. Faz Gostoso  - Latin bop. Every time it makes me shake my ass very hard - 9/10

12. Bitch I'm Loca - I ADORE this bop. Geniusly simple. It's easily one of the highlights. Maluma and M have done great jobs giving us holy trinity of latin bangers! BEAT SLAYS - 11/10

13.  I Don't Search I Find - Gives Erotica vibes, not my fav song tbh. Lyrics are kinda basic. Cute, nothing less, nothing more - 6.5/10

14. Looking for Mercy - Electropop ballad. I enjoying this, great track. - 8/10

15. I Rise - Inspiring anthem. A grower - 10/10

Medellin: I like some reggeaton songs, but I'm just not in this one... is so fresh and innovate anyway.

7/10

Dark Ballet: Is the kind of song you just love or hate.... extremely experimental and risky, I thinks it works like a opening to the real Madame X even better than Medellin. The piano is amazing.

10/10

God Control: A piece of art, works perfectly next to Dark Ballet and before Future.... I feel it like a Like a prayer sequel.

10/10

Future: Interesting lyrics, even with the autotune her vocals sound a little raw, but after 1:30 minutes the sound is boring.

6/10

Batuka: Is not my kind of song... so repetitive, but like the others is innovate. The end is good.

7/10

Killers Who Are Partyng: I get the thing, but something in the music sounds unfinished, and this is not necessary bad. But especially this song would sound so much better without the autotune.

9/10

Crave: The most pop-friendly song with Crazy. The album needs some break from the political and experimental sounds. Even this song is a little bit experimental.

8/10

Crazy: I love the chorus. I feel the song have a "christmas" vibe haha. Remind me to the vibe of her first album.

9/10

Come Alive: Yeah, is like a Body shop 2.0 but is better.

7/10

Extreme Occident: This song don't have a coherent estructure, even some parts sound out of place. Like some text turn into a song, but it makes it a more real lyrics, and I love that.

9/10

Faz Gostoso: I just not in this one.

6/10

Bitch I'm Loca: I feel this song totally off of the album concept. This should be a bonus track or in the Maluma album. I just don't get it. Repetitive, and the less experimental song (with the music trend, even this is experimental for Madonna)

5/10

I Don't Search I Find

I like the 90's vibe, but is not my favorite. The lyrics are a bit repetitive and without much new things. Musically is good.

9/10

Looking for Mercy: The ballad every album needs. I wish it had less autotune, but I think it works with the music. A beautiful cover of a beautiful song.

10/10

I Rise: A excellent closer. The lyrics of the song are beautiful. At the end of the travel she reminds what really matters. The metaphore of death works perfectly. (I get it like a double metaphore, like a rise above  the government, and all this shit but a the same time like a soul going up, in some part she mentioned guns, I feel it like a standing up for your rights even at the death.)

10/10

This album skyrocketed immediately to my top 5. I almost cried when I heard it, this is the Madonna that was missing for such a long, long time. 

Medellín: 7/10

Dark Ballet: 7/10

God control: 8/10

Future: 8/10 great production, love the refrain. If only Quavo sang a bit less

Batuka: 7/10 this is so different from anything she has done before and everything else everyone is doing. The boldness!!!

Killers who are partying: 8/10 such a shame the line "Killers who are partying" is not elaborated on in the song

Crave: 8/10 this song sounds so random in this part of the record... she should have either made it more "ethnic" or placed it at the beginning or end of the record

Crazy: 10/10 best song on the album with CA

Come Alive: 10/10 best song with Crazy

Extreme Occident: 8/10 where are the lyrics M teased at the GLAAD???

Faz Gostoso: 9/10 great dance track. I don't know why she had to make a cover of a song that's 1 year old, but it works

Bitch I'm Loca: 7/10 so trashy, but it's better than Soltera and some bad raggaeton music was in order to complete M's journey in the Latin world, it fits the context of the album

I don't search I find: 6/10 good lyrics, love her vocals, but the music is just uninteresting

Looking for mercy: 7/10 generic. Mercy where you at?

I Rise: 7/10