Fighter👻

The 'Madame X' Series Part V: The Concluding Chapter

1 hour ago, professormouse said:

Anyone spot the Don't Tell Me 'moment' on Madam X ?
Yes, I've  j u s t  listened to the whole thing and never hit 'next' once.
It's better than Massive Attack's album with Sinead O'Connor......

daffy duck wtf GIF by Looney Tunes

Future 

Maybe she would sell more records if interviewers would focus the discussion on the music as opposed to motherhood and where she lives.

Talk about the music, damn it! Talk about the songs, the producers, the songwritting, the meaning behind the songs.

Not how it feels to be a mother at 60. Good God!

1 hour ago, PaperFaces said:

Maybe she would sell more records if interviewers would focus the discussion on the music as opposed to motherhood and where she lives.

Talk about the music, damn it! Talk about the songs, the producers, the songwritting, the meaning behind the songs.

Not how it feels to be a mother at 60. Good God!

Why? What's wrong with her talking about HER life NOW?

2 hours ago, professormouse said:

Anyone spot the Don't Tell Me 'moment' on Madam X ?
Yes, I've  j u s t  listened to the whole thing and never hit 'next' once.
It's better than Massive Attack's album with Sinead O'Connor......

daffy duck wtf GIF by Looney Tunes

I love Don't Tell Me and never skipped it once :)

With Madame X I find myself skipping the songs that came out before the album (Medellin/Future/I Rise....I leave Crave on for some reason...) - simply because I've listened to them non stop for weeks and know them well. 

29 minutes ago, notbizzre said:

With Madame X I find myself skipping the songs that came out before the album (Medellin/Future/I Rise....I leave Crave on for some reason...) - simply because I've listened to them non stop for weeks and know them well. 

Don't Tell Me, there's a line from it sung on Madam X.
There's a song by David Bowie, Come And Buy My Toys.
From his Music Theatre days b4 Space Oddity and you'd think it was the same guitarist.
I snuck a listen to Madam X and I think many a reviewer also did.
ie bits of the songs and not all at once.
It does work better as a whole piece.
So much so that Medellin, sounded like 'a different mix'.
I have it from a laptop to a hi-fi amp and speakers.
I pottered around.
There's way more than that one nod to her past on it.
Some of the s l o w e r tracks stood out most.
I did go "OW !" to a few lyric choices but I guess that's the point ?
Overall, more listenable than Evita or the last two.
I think there's another 'Rain' on it too.
We will have to wait and see if it gets a single release.
One of them slow ones.
I haven't a clue it's 'name' right this second. 
Music ''Journalists'' do love some drama.

Grace Jones will have a chuckle or two.

55 minutes ago, notbizzre said:

I ended rearranging the album when I was burning a copy for my mother and myself so I don’t get the booklet 2 disk damaged further. Dark Ballet after Medellín wasn’t sitting well with me so I moved it further in. I kept wanting to skip the first two songs because I’d already work them to death. I’ll post the list I did later. 

Her album is alot more experimental than his, though.

But yeah, im surprised she didnt at least beat him the UK.

Her album is alot more experimental than his, though.

But yeah, im surprised she didnt at least beat him the UK.

I’m also surprised that he beat her virtually everywhere - even if she does get #1 in the US it will probably be only because of ticket bundles.

I don’t think it has much to do with the album being experimental. One of the main reasons is probably the lack of promotion in terms of performances - Eurovision probably didn’t help at all and the only other was Medellín which was also the only single with any buzz. As much as I love it, a casual listener probably wouldn’t even recognise that it’s a Madonna song. Then again, all the Rebel Heart performances didn’t help the album either.

It also comes down to the fact that a Bruce Springsteen fan will buy every album he releases. His musical style doesn’t change much and there’s nothing divisive about him. When it comes to Madonna fans, I read “I’m cancelling my pre-orders” at least ten times on this forum alone.

People wouldve had similar reactions to Erotica would it be released today.

Eurovision was a massive fuck up. The European press and the viewers ripped her a new one. Sucks but it’s all on her and her team. 

The album would’ve sold much better if she had killed it at Eurovision. 

Let's be real, at this point of her career if M wanna have a popular worldwide (or at least European) hit again, she needs to release  something super commercial and play the nostalgia card. Release a tropical remix of La isla Bonita for the summer or sample a super famous disco/80's track a la Hung Up. That's the only way you, your parents, your grand parents, the straight truc driver and your nieces dance and sing along on a new Madonna track. I'm a dj in a straight club and unfortunately the only Madonna tracks that makes people stay on the dancefloor are her oldies (Holiday being the most effective, followed by Hung up, Vogue, Into the groove and La isla bonita). I love Madame X, it's a brilliant work of art but in all honesty i cannot imagine anyone else but her fans buying it. When she released  Hung Up / COADF i remember being in shops and kids running to their parents with the CD in their hand beggin them to buy it, as well as adults of very age, because you know Madonna + a ABBA sample is an immediate cultural phenomenon. On the other hand i cannot picture the same scenes with Madame X. There are no mysteries here... God Control with the Disco video and a radio edit could have a little effect though but not as big as Hung Up imo. Then again i'm not sure at this point she aims commercial success anymore, more like doing whatever she wants, as experimental as it may be.

23 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

With all the formats we got for this album (including the all important cassette which no fucker will be able to play anyway ) has no one else wondered why we didn’t get a damn blu ray with some videos in glorious 1080p ? 

Why the impatience? I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Tour Edition that compiles all the videos released throughout the year after all. 

1 hour ago, PaperFaces said:

People wouldve had similar reactions to Erotica would it be released today.

What? The backlash against Erotica was fierce. It was the worse era to be a fan. The reactions today against a new album are a joke compared with the Erotica era.

The pop up store was cute, got some merch quick and ez. Sweet LAP white tee and long sleeved Madame X trench coat  tee plus a LAP rosary. I wanna win the raffle so bad!!! The art piece was awesome.

1 hour ago, madgefan said:

Why the impatience? I wouldn't be surprised if there's a Tour Edition that compiles all the videos released throughout the year after all. 

Yeah right ? She hasn’t released ONE music video yet on a blu ray - the formats been around now for over 10 years and all we’ve had are her mediocre tours sticky , MDNA and the badly edited RH tour - to me it sucks not to have her videography preserved in HD and I’m tired or watching crappy you tube versions 🙄

11 hours ago, Gohan said:

Madonna - God Control

oooooh I like this one!