Fighter

The 'Madame X' Series Part V: The Concluding Chapter

Does anyone also her a part of the re invention tour when the remix come from Hollywood ( everybody ) ciao Bella sounds the same as that performens 

Everybody everybody everybody (re-invention tour Hollywood)

ciao Bella ciao Bella ciao Bella (bonus track madame x) 

Superexcited for the Pride Island performance, wich is just two days away ... will there be a live stream? Or are we gonna die for a Periscope link? From the images posted on Instagram it seems she's rehearsing and gonna have many Madame X on stage. I still hope her to sing three tracks, even if they just announced a two songs performance, and I think two possible choices could be Vogue (she owes a dark Madame X vogueing performance to our community, especially the NY one) and of course I Rise. 

20 hours ago, cindy_ve said:

Does anyone also her a part of the re invention tour when the remix come from Hollywood ( everybody ) ciao Bella sounds the same as that performens 

Everybody everybody everybody (re-invention tour Hollywood)

ciao Bella ciao Bella ciao Bella (bonus track madame x) 

I find myself singing that to it too.

Her Instagram confirms Vogue and American Life

I hope more than 2 songs...C'MON M YOU HAVE AN ALBUM TO PROMOTE

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WAITING FOR THE TOUR...ONLY ONTERVIEWS DON'T HELP

and I really wish for an official stream of the show...maybe from her facebook page <3

34 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I read somewhere that apparently the setlist also includes Future (or God Control?).

Vogue, American life and I rise seem to be sure.

It looks like the stairs from Eurovision are behind her

Just to close the Pride Island topic here, before moving it to the dedicated topic (sorry), here is the official NY Pride announcement, where they explicitly talk about "a couple of songs" (reason why I think we can hope for a three tracks session at most)

https://2019-worldpride-stonewall50.nycpride.org/events/pride-island/

And now, back to the main topic: A MUST READ FORBES ARTICLE ABOUT THE HISTORIC IMPORTANCE OF MADAME X NUMBER 1CHARTS DEBUT

6 Reasons Why Madonna's New No. 1 Album Is Historically Important

https://www.forbes.com/sites/hughmcintyre/2019/06/28/6-reasons-why-madonnas-new-no-1-album-is-historically-important/amp/?__twitter_impression=true&fbclid=IwAR1rjleBstGqL9-2GC39XKbwGDyHS9ZfolYeO82RvU1QmTkwQI4ROuswmjc

On 6/27/2019 at 8:31 PM, countthesaints said:

I finally received my 2CD pressing from Europe and both discs have heavy scuff marks all over the place because for some reason they thought just tossing the CD's against the hardback material and cardstock would be a good idea. Thankfully disc 2 still ripped perfectly, but now I'm stuck with a marred product because Amazon customer service want to be twats. Unfortunately it looks like the Japanese pressing is just as bad, if not worse.

That’s why I hate cardboard packaging - I will always try and obtain jewel case versions - sadly we don’t have those for the 2 cd version as well as RH deluxe and Confessions tour 😫

35 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

That’s why I hate cardboard packaging - I will always try and obtain jewel case versions - sadly we don’t have those for the 2 cd version as well as RH deluxe and Confessions tour 😫

Thank you!!  I loathe cardboard, the art gets messed up so quickly, half the time the CDs won't stay in place...give me a jewel case any day.  Sometimes I resort to discogs.com to find import editions of albums that are packaged in jewel cases instead of the cardboard.  I wish the music industry would wise up when it comes to CD packaging.  And yes, I know "most people stream".  I don't care, I'm old and crotchety and streaming just makes music seem too ephemeral.

Oh dear...poor Madonna...second week has not been good to her...she has fallen out of the top 50 in the US and in the UK she falls to No. 14 on the UK chart - Bruce is at 22 on the US and 3 in the UK - what's happening Madonna!

8 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

We agree on something.
I almost bought a Fleetwood Mac and The Ramones Vinyl/CD sets 'till I realised they would be slid in 'n' out.
It's a book.
You can't see dust and they scratch in a second.
Jewel cases, unless the little lugs come off and get under the CD....it's happened.....your a little 'safer'.
This is if your ever going to play them and not rip them once ?
They seem designed, just for that ??

8 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

That's why I hate cardboard packaging

I would much rather a digipak than a mediabook without proper dust jacket protection, but unfortunately that seems common practice with the format; I hated the Rebel Heart packaging when I received it, but at least it provided ample protection for the media itself.

I don't understand why including anti-static inner sleeves for the discs is so difficult, so I'm going to pick some up myself and attempt to buff out what I can with a microfiber cloth.

10 hours ago, Jackie said:

Oh dear...poor Madonna...second week has not been good to her...she has fallen out of the top 50 in the US and in the UK she falls to No. 14 on the UK chart - Bruce is at 22 on the US and 3 in the UK - what's happening Madonna!

There is only one dodgy website reporting sales dropped by 95%, dont know if it is true.

Source (I assume)

https://www.showbiz411.com/2019/06/28/crash-madonnas-madame-x-album-drops-record-95-in-sales-from-first-week-without-ticket-bundling

None of this is really surprising. Her last couple of albums have all fallen off the charts quickly and there’s no reason why Madame X should be any different. The first week was inflated by tour bundles and her fanbase mostly buys copies as soon as they’re available - take iTunes for example, #1 debut almost everywhere but in a matter of days it started falling behind Springsteen and others. For longevity she would either need much, much stronger streaming numbers or for the album to really appeal to the general public (which would probably require a hit single and that’s not happening again).

Scoring another #1 in the US painted the album as a success and that’s how it’s gonna be remembered. Every album she releases now is bound to become her lowest seller ever. The numbers are far from spectacular (the album won’t even come close to selling a million worldwide) but they’re decent for today’s music market and her commercial status.