Madame X Tour | Miami

mcl786

Just now, Voguerista said:

Ditto! Let's wish and pray so hard for her! ???????

Especially around the holidays. Hopefully, her family and friends give her all their love and make it a happy time for her while she deals with the injury. (omg the pun)

I love your avi! I'm thinking of making that photo my phone wallpaper. I've had the deluxe image of MX for the longest time.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I think she'll be better off cancelling the rest of the tour. Getting completely better and then go back and revise the whole show and do the European tour at a later date. 

Like what Kylie did with her Showgirl tour. 

I have a feeling she would be better off cancelling the rest of the tour as well.  I have a feeling she's going to need more than just time to heal.  I think she'll need further medical attention, like surgery.  My fear is she's going to go back in January, and only antagonize it more, eventually cancelling more dates. Again, I hope that I am wrong, but I'd hate for her to do some permanent damage that might keep her from comfortably touring ever again. 

By the way, Mick Jagger puts on a hell of a show!  If I recall, he had heart surgery a year back, and then was back on stage dancing like crazy still. But yes, she's one of the most hardest working and most active entertainers out there still. She's far more active then those are in there 20 and 30's.

That post was all we needed — Thanks, M. It’s nice to see her finally acknowledge what happened. Look, we just wanted to know what in the world is up. An injury is 150% *COMPLETELY* excusable. It’s good for her to finally set the record straight.

Hope she gets ample rest over the holidays and is able to return in January to continue delivering this lovely show :) 

24 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Especially around the holidays. Hopefully, her family and friends give her all their love and make it a happy time for her while she deals with the injury. (omg the pun)

I love your avi! I'm thinking of making that photo my phone wallpaper. I've had the deluxe image of MX for the longest time.

I hope her family and friends are of big support and love too. She needs all she can get. I can't imagine the pain she's in and at 61 it's only that much harder to heal and recover ?

And thanks. Glad you like my avi. Feel free to save and use it. Madame X would say go for it with a cha cha cha to "Medellin ". Haha

1 minute ago, Voguerista said:

I hope her family and friends are of big support and love too. She needs all she can get. I can't imagine the pain she's in and at 61 it's only that much harder to heel and recover ?

And thanks. Glad you like my avi. Feel free to save and use it. Madame X would say go for it with a cha cha cha to "Medellin ". Haha

Yeah, the problem is; that in a couple of weeks, she's going to be back in the same place she is now.  She's stubborn, but it seems maybe this past weekend, she realizes she needs to face reality she can keep going on in the same way.  I'm sure she thinks she can get through these last European shows.  Maybe she'll not be as mobile?  But we know that will drive her crazy.  Whatever she decides, I only hope she considers her health is more important than these shows.  She can come back and do them later in the year, or maybe do something different later.  As she stated, she needs to make some changes, and she can't keep going on this way.  61 years, but she still plays hard like she's 31.  A body can only take so much, before it gives out, even those are in great shape like she is.

5 minutes ago, MarXus said:

I have a feeling she would be better off cancelling the rest of the tour as well.  I have a feeling she's going to need more than just time to heal.  I think she'll need further medical attention, like surgery.  My fear is she's going to go back in January, and only antagonize it more, eventually cancelling more dates. Again, I hope that I am wrong, but I'd hate for her to do some permanent damage that might keep her from comfortably touring ever again. 

By the way, Mick Jagger puts on a hell of a show!  If I recall, he had heart surgery a year back, and then was back on stage dancing like crazy still. But yes, she's one of the most hardest working and most active entertainers out there still. She's far more active then those are in there 20 and 30's.

I would not be surprised if she needs surgery too! And I remember Mick Jagger killing it too after his heart surgery. He's amazing. Madonna can do the same if she listens and does everything her doctors say. ??????

3 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Yeah, the problem is; that in a couple of weeks, she's going to be back in the same place she is now.  She's stubborn, but it seems maybe this past weekend, she realizes she needs to face reality she can keep going on in the same way.  I'm sure she thinks she can get through these last European shows.  Maybe she'll not be as mobile?  But we know that will drive her crazy.  Whatever she decides, I only hope she considers her health is more important than these shows.  She can come back and do them later in the year, or maybe do something different later.  As she stated, she needs to make some changes, and she can't keep going on this way.  61 years, but she still plays hard like she's 31.  A body can only take so much, before it gives out, even those are in great shape like she is.

The thing with Kylie and the Showgirl Homecoming tour is that it was revised to take into consideration her mobility at that time. 

Just now, Ashley said:

The thing with Kylie and the Showgirl Homecoming tour is that it was revised to take into consideration her mobility at that time. 

Keep in mind, everyone is different.  Madonna is stubborn.  When she fell off the horse, she didn't hesitate after some time to get back on.  Madonna is slightly older.  Different situations.  And as mentioned, Madonna still feels she's active as people half her age.  So she's going to want to go out there and prove she's not the "Grandma" that her detractors and some media try to portray her to be.

6 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Keep in mind, everyone is different.  Madonna is stubborn.  When she fell off the horse, she didn't hesitate after some time to get back on.  Madonna is slightly older.  Different situations.  And as mentioned, Madonna still feels she's active as people half her age.  So she's going to want to go out there and prove she's not the "Grandma" that her detractors and some media try to portray her to be.

True. Yet I think this is a wake up call for her to expand her horizons and think of new ways of performing and presenting her work, which is different from her peers again. 

I keep getting she needs to look at Kate Bush's last tour and have tea with some performance artists. 

If it is her “knee” that was a contributing factor to whatever happened at this infamous Miami soundcheck & led to a cancellation at 8.35pm and then silence then the show will be changed come Lisbon to remove heels, staircase marching, ladder climbing and deep kneeling on the floor.

As someone with arthritis riddled through my body, knee flare ups do not go away overnight. Nor can you continue to march up stairs with them. 

My heart continues to be with the fans who lost thousands of $€£ on this tour. 

where do we go from here indeed. I wouldn’t like to bet.

Personally I dont buy it, but I'm glad she broke the silence. 

I'd sooner she canned the tour well in advance of the next dates, and took time out. 

It's strange how the best reviewed tour in years critically has been an absolute PR disaster and she's managed to lose more fans this era than ever before. 

I do however think damage control could still be possible in a very legacy artist kinda way. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I feel terrible for her after reading that post and my thoughts do go out to her and I sincerely hope she recovers soon. If the stories of her having some sort of nervous breakdown on Saturday night are true then obviously that was not a professional thing to do, however I don’t think it’s fair to immediately dismiss all of the things she is going through right now. This seemingly excruciating injury that she’s decided to persevere with when she could just cancel an entire tour, custodial battles with the rat that is Ritchie. It has been a tough year for her, and even though she has done things on this tour I may not fully agree with, I sincerely hope she gets well soon and makes a fantastic comeback in Europe.

First thoughts:

1 That ladder is AWFUL! Give her something better and easier to enter the stage!

2 This is the message we all needed, but an immediate statement saying the show was cancelled for health issues would have prevented all the bad gossip

3 I don't know if I am happy that @MarXuswas right, because the problem is worse and it would have been better if she had a diva moment that was just affecting one show and not a serious health issue

4 We all know she should cancel the tour, because she will never change it. Of course I hope she doesn't because I'd love to see it live. If she doesn't, we have to be prepared fir many cancellations, even last minute. Those who are still on time, buy refundable flights and hotels.

5 Even worse if they won't release it cause it wasn't filmed properly.

It can be a mix of pain and personal issues, but is still  a full text of ‘me, me, me and me’. I still don’t see any explicit apology for the Miami fans. And 3 days for posting this... doing it now, it only screams damage control alert to me.

Please, cancel all the tour, get well 100% and get a better management team.

Edited by nito84bcn (see edit history)

16 minutes ago, nito84bcn said:

It can be a mix of pain and personal issues, but is still  a full text of ‘me, me, me and me’. I still don’t see any explicit apology for the Miami fans.

That is not trye, she says she is so sorry for the fans.

As for "me, me, me": bitch she's Madonna, she has been like this since Emmy and even earlier, I would be surprised if she wasn't :lol:

4 hours ago, MarXus said:

Yeah, the problem is; that in a couple of weeks, she's going to be back in the same place she is now.  She's stubborn, but it seems maybe this past weekend, she realizes she needs to face reality she can keep going on in the same way. As she stated, she needs to make some changes, and she can't keep going on this way.

While I agree, I will be surprised if she makes any changes and faces reality. This is where Guy O should be in telling her "CHANGE THIS" or "go on this way". I find it this is the one and only true reason, then it is absolutely disgusting her manager and a man she has known for literally years and no doubt has had many cross words with her, is just letting her continue, as well as go up horrid ladders as in that video.

He really is the worst, whenever she decides to sing Material Girl, she should have him do it instead. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I do think cancelling the tour would be the best thing to do at this point. I really don’t want her to do any more or any permanent damage to herself. 

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

That is not trye, she says she is so sorry for the fans.

As for "me, me, me": bitch she's Madonna, she has been like this since Emmy and even earlier, I would be surprised if she wasn't :lol:

Well yes, u are right, she says ‘sorry for having to cancel my last show’. That’s good from her. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, Winn said:

Climbing a ladder in high heels is no joke, esp in your 60s. Get well soon, madonna.

I don’t know who decided to make this tour so gruelling but I hope they’ll alter the show for the european leg so she’s not putting so much pressure on herself. 

I really was expecting this theatre tour to be a lot more relaxed. 

• Fighter locked this topic
  • Fighter unfeatured and unlocked this topic