Madame X Tour | Miami

mcl786

30 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I don’t know who decided to make this tour so gruelling but I hope they’ll alter the show for the european leg so she’s not putting so much pressure on herself. 

I really was expecting this theatre tour to be a lot more relaxed. 

That's why I was thinking if this tour was like Kate Bush's Before the Dawn and more arty and theatrical with more focus on M singing and storytelling and simpler choreography for M, with longer residencies at selected theatres it would have been a lot less stressful. 

Some bright spark clearly tried to cram a classic M concert into a theatre production and expected a 61 yr old to perform like when she was a 31 yr old back in 1990.  Seeing her climb up a ladder in heels and then get up on that high staircase was the clincher for me about that. Also that hamster wheel she gets into for Human Nature is another marvel of idiotic thinking. 

Also in the early rehearsal footage, when we saw her slide down the stairs due to the knee injury it was clear that should have been dealt with there and then. Postponing a whole tour to get a serious injury fixed would have prevented a lot of headache in the future.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nobody Knows Me
13 minutes ago, Ashley said:

That's why I was thinking if this tour was like Kate Bush's Before the Dawn and more arty and theatrical with more focus on M singing and storytelling and simpler choreography for M, with longer residencies at selected theatres it would have been a lot less stressful. 

Some bright spark clearly tried to cram a classic M concert into a theatre production and expected a 61 yr old to perform like when she was a 31 yr old back in 1990.  Seeing her climb up a ladder in heels and then get up on that high staircase was the clincher for me about that. Also that hamster wheel she gets into for Human Nature is another marvel of idiotic thinking. 

Also in the early rehearsal footage, when we saw her slide down the stairs due to the knee injury it was clear that should have been dealt with there and then. Postponing a whole tour to get a serious injury fixed would have prevented a lot of headache in the future.

I was hoping that this tour would either go in the more artsy and theatrical route inspired by Kate Bush’s Before the Dawn, or I was hoping it would be a more intimate and relaxed environment similar to Kylie Minogue’s Intimate and Live. I’m not saying i’m underwhelmed by the tour at all, but it’s clearly not going the way she wanted it to.

There, she addressed it. And with a video. Fuck all those nonsense rumors about the show being canceled cause of her throwing a tantrum. Seriously, the way fans make up stuff as if they're right by her side all the time is irritating. 

As for the tour, I doubt she'll get THAT much better during her 20 day break. I have a feeling there will be more cancelations. Above anything, I truly hope she gets better. 

oh god i really thought like since this is a theatre is not gonna be too much, right?

but she uses a ladder to climb to the steps in heels... i mean, doing this every night when she was already injured must be really though

i really hope that they will do some alterations in the show for the european leg, and for the love of god take that ladder off because it seems to be so painful for her T_T get well soon my queen

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

Let's try to stay optimistic.

She could buy this: :lol:

power_tower_featured_0.jpg

Actually a very sensible suggestion. I was at one gig where one of the group broke her leg and had to do the whole thing sat down with crutches. Still managed a bit of the upper body dancing  though! I think people would actually be just happy she'd found a way to make it work instead of being annoyed she wasn't whirling all over the stage.

1 hour ago, CYSMM said:

I don't even understand how come you are not in her team! You cracked me up :lol:

I should move it to the other thread "Would you work for M"

I see myself coming up with the idea and being fired like that poor girl on my very first day...

33 minutes ago, Winn said:

People laugh about the mechanical lift but that was actually a good idea. Maybe it made too much noise... or busted the budget lol

When I looked for the picture I saw it just costs a few thousands!

2 hours ago, CYSMM said:

I think this is not (only) the official reason.... If this was the case  it would have been communicated and not cancelled 1h before the show.

Why are you trying to assume something more is going on?  She laid it out on the line!  It's been no secret that she's been pampering that knee since Rehearsals.  I just don't understand why you and some others are still looking for something else, when she explained, and even showed a video.  Top that with the fact she's 61, and the show is quite rigorous.  Why not just accept that something is wrong physically rather than make up in your mind some imaginary personal problem when there is no proof of it?  

By the way, you can bet that her bitchy attitude probably stems from the pain she's been enduring, so I am sure she's not always at her best!  Then again, this is Madonna we are talking about.  We know she can be a Diva! 

Anyway, Merry Christmas!  Let's hope she finds a way through this which will not further put her in more physical pain.  Unfortunately, my personal advice would have her cancel the tour and attend to that knee before it gets worse, and only be a problem for the rest of her life.

2 hours ago, Enrico said:

Let's try to stay optimistic.

She could buy this: :lol:

power_tower_featured_0.jpg

LOL!  I suspect, the ladder is far more mobile, and takes less room.  Though, I would think with her knee issue, she would have ditched the ladder and found a different way to enter the stage.  Still, Madonna is quite stubborn. 

Who in their right mind would choose to climb ladders in heels? Dancing in them for long periods of time wears down your legs. Sure they look nice but damn, coupled with a pre-existing injury, no wonder things would get worse. And I echo what others have said that we thought this tour would have been a mix of TOAC and a usual Madonna show but shockingly it's been very strict with little changes thus far. We all want her to be alright however whomever is coaching her needs to take a lot of things into consideration.

• Fighter locked this topic
  • Fighter unfeatured and unlocked this topic
15 hours ago, Ashley said:

We have to remember M is 61 this year and I doubt the Stones, Cher or any other performer past the age of 50 has done a rigorous performance which M does at her age. 

Tina Turner did a big last tour back in 2008/2009 with 90 dates at the age of 69. Singing and dancing with heels.

Cher is 12 years older and she's done 174 show since 2017. She does not make the handstand but she's moving !

Madonna is in great shape and I adore her but she's not wonder woman and not unique. She's only 61.