Madame X Tour | Miami

mcl786

31 minutes ago, Ashley said:

She can be gaslighted and manipulated into doing things against her own judgement. The production of this tour hasn't been right from the beginning and remember M's career is fading and she doesn't have the same clout to call the shots as she had even a decade ago. There are more powerful people she needs to kowtow to put on a show like this these days. 

Assumptions...
What we know as fact is what she says and it's pretty clear that she still calls the shots by what she says in interviews and on social media.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, diegolcl said:

Assumptions...
What we know as fact is what she says and it's pretty clear that she still calls the shots by what she says in interviews and on social media.

Female artists M's age still face a lot of ageism and discrimination. Yeah, she has A LOT of power compared to other artists, yet if she can't draw the crowds and bring in the revenue, then she has to convince others more powerful than her to back her plans. 

That's why a Vegas residency probably would be far more lucrative and safer.

As for artists like Cher, Streisand and Turner, their concerts are more trip down memory lane type of events and they're designed to attract hard core and nostalgic fans. And that's something M isn't interested in doing at this stage, if ever. 

20 minutes ago, Enrico said:

In the meantime...

For a moment I thought David was wearing Madame X's necklace :lol:

Beautiful photo, but, I hope David flies straight back to NYC to be with his mom. I would love Rocco to do the same. She needs all the love and support she can get. Imo, I think she is hurting (and more than just physically with her injuries).  

22 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Beautiful photo, but, I hope David flies straight back to NYC to be with his mom. I would love Rocco to do the same. She needs all the love and support she can get. Imo, I think she is hurting (and more than just physically with her injuries).  

David is home with his mother.

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

She can be gaslighted and manipulated into doing things against her own judgement. The production of this tour hasn't been right from the beginning and remember M's career is fading and she doesn't have the same clout to call the shots as she had even a decade ago. There are more powerful people she needs to kowtow to put on a show like this these days. 

This is Madonna we're talking about!  In fact, I am sure many (especially now) have told her to take it easy or remove the ladder, etc.  Certainly, her doctors have told her she needs to slow down or take a break if not cancel and attend to the knee. This is all Madonna's stubborness.  There is no way that ANYONE is forcing her up that ladder.  She feels she has something to prove. She rightfully should feel that way.  However, we as human beings need to realize that our body can only take so much. Nearly 40 years on stage, dancing, can take a toll on one's body, especially when Madonna is known to wear high heels a lot on stage.

Keep in mind, she even said many told her she was crazy for going on a theater tour.  You say she doesn't have "the same clout to call the shots"?  Certainly she does.  She's doing exactly what she wants. Even Guy O. has pulled back in saying anything because she does what she wants.  Ask yourself why he's constantly speaking of other acts on his social media, but rarely speaking of Madonna. Up until before Madame X, he was quite visible and promoting her like crazy.  He's come to terms to take the back seat, while she insist going on this ride of hers.  I don't think it's all bad, but I think it can become an issue if she thinks she's infallible!

57 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Yeah, that photo probably was taken at another time.  This is why we can't just rely on pictures and videos as if they are happening currently. 

As @IconicQueenposted, David adores Madonna. They have a close bond.  Rocco is probably more of a loose cannon, but he always finds his way back to his Mom during the holidays as well.

2 hours ago, diegolcl said:

Assumptions...

There's been multiple times where she has been coerced into doing things she didn't want to do or did without passion to fulfill contracts, adding songs on albums etc. She has more leverage than most artists do but to think she completely calls the shots is somewhat incorrect. She still has bosses, labels and power suits to answer to when under various contracts.

1 hour ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

There's been multiple times where she has been coerced into doing things she didn't want to do or did without passion to fulfill contracts, adding songs on albums etc. She has more leverage than most artists do but to think she completely calls the shots is somewhat incorrect. She still has bosses, labels and power suits to answer to when under various contracts.

There's a difference  between compromise and/or changing your mind for business purposes than actually change a tour concept or accept back to back dates just because someone told her to. I still find ludacris the idea that she is being forced to do stuff that she doesn't want to or can't do.

I don't see the point in comparing Cher and Tina to Madonna. They're all individual cases. Okay, Cher just walks but she sings live way better than Madonna and vice versa. And okay, Tina danced and sang when she was older than Madonna but Madonna is having some knee injury which might but doesn't have to be related to her age. Gaga, waaaaay younger than Madonna, had a hip injury so does it mean she is "worse" than Tina? Hell no.

I'm just wondering why she is institing on using the stairs and high-heels during the concert. I mean if you're in so much pain you just have to change some parts instead of ruining your health.

2 hours ago, diegolcl said:

There's a difference  between compromise and/or changing your mind for business purposes than actually change a tour concept or accept back to back dates just because someone told her to. I still find ludacris the idea that she is being forced to do stuff that she doesn't want to or can't do.

The only time M has been truly able to call the shots is when she was at her peak and co-founded Maverick Records and her albums were released on that label (e.g. if Music wasn't released on the Maverick label and she was still totally under Sire/Warner at the time  'Amazing' would have definitely been released as a single and she would have had to produce a video for it). Other than that she's had to play ball and sometimes do things she didn't totally want to. 

Of course, the person who blocked me likes certain posts. :laughing: MarXus still tries it.

54 minutes ago, Ashley said:

The only time M has been truly able to call the shots is when she was at her peak and co-founded Maverick Records and her albums were released on that label (e.g. if Music wasn't released on the Maverick label and she was still totally under Sire/Warner at the time  'Amazing' would have definitely been released as a single and she would have had to produce a video for it). Other than that she's had to play ball and sometimes do things she didn't totally want to. 

Thank you. Madonna does not yield this unstoppable power of let's say a titan in the business. She has pull and leverage than most pop stars but she still has bosses at the end of the day. There's been many times she had spoken about not wanting to do certain things or has had her own ideas shot down. 

23 hours ago, THE ROSE MIST said:

She is in charge of Madonna inc but she has obligations and business partners. Nobody has complete freedom to do whatever they feel like. She is also not an expert on everything so she’s going to listen to people on her team.

No one is saying she doesn't listen or take advice from people.  Of course she does.  Though, we're talking about how she prefers her stage and if she wants to climb up a ladder or not.  No more different than she taking the stage late. Certainly, people tell her not to do things, but we're talking about Madonna here.  You tell her; "Look M, You're 61 years old. You got a bum knee.  Those high heels aren't going to do you any favors?"  What do you think Madonna is going to tell you?

34 minutes ago, MarXus said:

No one is saying she doesn't listen or take advice from people.  Of course she does.  Though, we're talking about how she prefers her stage and if she wants to climb up a ladder or not.  No more different than she taking the stage late. Certainly, people tell her not to do things, but we're talking about Madonna here.  You tell her; "Look M, You're 61 years old. You got a bum knee.  Those high heels aren't going to do you any favors?"  What do you think Madonna is going to tell you?

Lol, I could see her saying, “Fine, here you wear this wig and dress and take these heels and go Batuka your way out my theatre.”

3 hours ago, MarXus said:

Well if that actually is her attitude, she deserves she gets for the arrogance. The fact she is climbing a ladder to the stage with a duff knee and then cancelling shows and letting down fans, leaving them out of pocket just screams disrespect to me. 

She can hardly be said to be trying her best to continue the tour if she's climbing unnecessary ladders and wearing heels.

Swallow some pride woman, adapt.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
On 12/24/2019 at 4:24 PM, Joseebus said:

I’d honestly be perfectly happy if she never toured again as long as she kept making music and Warner Bros. started treating her back catalog with the respect it deserves (remasters, anniversary editions, etc.).

Warner Bros. definitely do need to start paying more attention to her back catalogue and they do need to give it the respect it deserves. If she plans on taking a break then I would love it so much if they spent the next few years getting out the remastered anniversary editions of her albums and a Blond Ambition World Tour Paris Blu-Ray for the thirtieth anniversary would be a dream come true.