Madame X Tour | Miami

mcl786

8 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Let's not forget that it's her choice on how she wants to do this tour, she agrees from the outset on the terms of the tour. 

True, but Madonna's been touring every few years for more than a decade now.  I'm sure she thought this would work for her.  Maybe she still feels that way.  Let's not pretend we know how she truly feels about the tour.  I'm sure she's always depended on a team of people to make sure there is plenty of time to get shows set up, etc.  Think about it, this is the only tour out of 11 that seems to really have gone a bit haywire.  So again, I'm sure she trusted people to make sure the timing was intact. 

As for the knee injury, well I'm sure she thought at first it wasn't as bad.  By the time, she was several venues in, it got worse.  Even then, she plowed through her shows. And I'm sure she's determined to finish out the tour as best as she can.

Honestly, I don't get the doom and gloom and doubt that some are trying to cast on Madonna when she's toured extensively and strenuously for 30 years with merely a perfect record and very few cancellations, and now it's like she's this inconsiderate monster of a Diva.  just because we know she's a control freak, doesn't mean she has control of every aspect of the tour. I'm sure she tries, but it's unrealistic and she has to depend on her promoters and management a lot.  Unfortunately, it's what it is!  If she can get through this tour; I'm sure much of this will be forgotten in the future, and her next tour will do well still. 

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MarXus said:

True, but Madonna's been touring every few years for more than a decade now.  I'm sure she thought this would work for her.  Maybe she still feels that way.  Let's not pretend we know how she truly feels about the tour. 

You are right, but IG is like an official statement, like it or not.

It says how she feels.

So today, while people have lost money and time and most of all their chance to see her, and while other fans are afraid the tour might be canceled because she is feeling bad or she is sick, to post everyday pictures from backstage is not nice...

15 minutes ago, Enrico said:

You are right, but IG is like an official statement, like it or not.

It says how she feels.

So today, while people have lost money and time and most of all their chance to see her, and while other fans are afraid the tour might be canceled because she is feeling bad or she is sick, to post everyday pictures from backstage is not nice...

But it's not even been 24 hours since she cancelled.  I know you're expecting some statement, and possibly something will come, but at this point we are only speculating why she cancelled.

To me, the video with the singers that she posted seemed pretty clear, something was wrong that can be easily attributed to a health issue.  Another hint to that is when she stated "hopefully to see you all soon" raises more concerns.   Possibly she is planning to say something more soon.  We need to be a bit more patient here, especially if there is something seriously wrong that can jeopardize the rest of the tour.

And how awful would those same people feel if she went on with the show and something awful happened to her physically?  Sure, they all lost money and a chance to see her, but is that more important than her health or even mental state?  I don't think so? 

I do agree she needs to address why she cancelled soon.   I hope she does in some manner, but I have a feeling it's not going to make some feel anymore better.  In my gut, I feel something is seriously physically wrong with her.

5 hours ago, andifeel said:

Just to be clear: all I know is that she is not ill. And that she hates hates HATES it when people are sat down. And has done since 1985 as we all know. She completed her soundcheck. Then I have no idea. So let’s not be all MadonnaNation-like and start putting words in my mouth that were never there just to bully me and call me a liar. Lol. 

My only concern right now is for the many many friends I have over there - some who flew from Australia for closing night of the US dates, who have missed out again. I’m lucky in a way  - i did the NY and Chicago runs and because I’m caring for my mum full time at the moment I couldn’t make it over. 

Neil

Well im very glad cleared that up. 

Interesting how somebody can say you've said there's nothing wrong with her health, but you then explain she isn't ill, which of course mean two very different things. Misquotations can get in the shit bin. 

I do quite enjoy your appearances here, I wish they were more frequent. 

Hope youre managing okay with your mother and have a lovely Xmas! 

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

Thank you, I am attending four shows in a week: Feb. 4-5, 8-9.

I don't think there is room to reschedule London shows,  cause this would affect the Paris shows. I am ready to change my flight and hotel plans, if needed (although I have everything booked already), or even go to Paris instead.

At the moment we are all facing the fear of the European leg cancellation, for whatever reason - knee/health or production issues.

Oooooh! I'm also attending Feb 9th! 

This is absolutely exhausting. I'm just glad that I had a fantastic experience at my show in NYC before the rollercoaster started. I sincerely hope she pulls through whatever this is and continues the tour as scheduled.

BUT JESUS CHRIST, WHY did she ever agree to let Live Nation make this a full-blown world tour's worth of dates when this ONLY EVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN a very limited engagement thing. From the beginning I guess I just assumed she would do these few little theater shows and then kick off her standard arena thing some time next year or something.

And for all the talk about "loving the intimate experience with her fans" thing, I don't think she's enjoying this format much at all. She can't just phone this show in if she's having a rough night or whatever like she could with a big arena thing that you just wind up and let run, you know?

3 minutes ago, Joseebus said:

This is absolutely exhausting. I'm just glad that I had a fantastic experience at my show in NYC before the rollercoaster started. I sincerely hope she pulls through whatever this is and continues the tour as scheduled.

BUT JESUS CHRIST, WHY did she ever agree to let Live Nation make this a full-blown world tour's worth of dates when this ONLY EVER SHOULD HAVE BEEN a very limited engagement thing. From the beginning I guess I just assumed she would do these few little theater shows and then kick off her standard arena thing some time next year or something.

And for all the talk about "loving the intimate experience with her fans" thing, I don't think she's enjoying this format much at all. She can't just phone this show in if she's having a rough night or whatever like she could with a big arena thing that you just wind up and let run, you know?

She/they wanted to make money. I agree, this should've been a special, limited engagement. I remember at the beginning when everyone was complaining about the limited amount of dates and cities, she posted, "The Madame X Tour is only the beginning!" I thought this implied that there would be a bigger tour later. I doubt that would ever happen now.

7 minutes ago, Unruhe said:

One thing I just realized is if she were to cancel the whole european leg altogether we would never get an official shooting footage of this tour. Shit.

How do we know that it hasn't already been filmed? A friend of mine was at one of the Chicago shows and saw a film crew there.

5 hours ago, MarXus said:

Ha! The woman has always been a Diva.  Anyway, don't take it to heart too much.  After all, it's the holidays.  Last night was supposed to be their last night before they all separated for the Holidays.  You can't expect them not to exchange their gifts and such just because she cancelled the show.  Note: she wasn't in any of the videos.  Only a make-up pic. Also, keep in mind, she's always shared images of her wrapped up venue even days after.

If anything, this could be a good sign, and that the tour is going on as planned.  No disharmony as some are trying to insist. 

those clips were not from last night!

5 minutes ago, truerebel said:

those clips were not from last night!

Of course not! You're telling that to the wrong person. However, some tend to associate what is posted now as current.  I'm quite aware that Madonna tends to post images and videos days later, that may not associate with current events.  Also, she is known to post images or videos of a venues she's been at a day or so after she's been there. 

Yet, she's still branded as "rude", etc. because she won't address some fans directly. 

In the end we know nothing about what happened. No one knows. No one will ever know. 

We also don't know Madonna herself and what she's going through and all this conversation is going in circles and it's pointless at this point. 

Also...we won't get anything from what happened last night so let's move on. 

Me? I'm sitting here in Portugal praying my show will happen LOL. 

7 hours ago, Andymad said:

Maybe she cancelled because she is just too busy editing the Paris show of The Blond Ambition Tour. I mean, I would feel too busy if I was doing that...

Exactly re-recording those vocals in the studio and editing the f*ck out of the picture with cheap Instagram filters take a lot of time and stress for her.:smile:

Because she couldn't possibly have performed Candy Shop, and feels she's already performed it to the best of her ability on RHT, I hear she has actually re-recorded a new gospel version and will instead dub it over the Like a Prayer performance. 

She doesn't mind how fake it will look, because the sound hasn't matched her mouth or facial expression on a music DVD in over ten years. 

All Hail Candy Prayer 1990.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
9 hours ago, Andymad said:

Maybe she cancelled because she is just too busy editing the Paris show of The Blond Ambition Tour. I mean, I would feel too busy if I was doing that...

Ugh, my dream.

8 hours ago, GarionOrb said:

How do we know that it hasn't already been filmed? A friend of mine was at one of the Chicago shows and saw a film crew there.

I did not know that, hope that is enough footage then

7 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

She's already filmed portions of the show and wouldn't doubt she has people on her team filming different angles and different nights. Whether the footage would be HD or professional standards is another story.

Fingers crossed!

The Daily Mail is always so full of it as you know, but, I have to wonder if parts of this new story could be true? Guy filing a new enforcement order right before Christmas would really upset Madonna. Also, it would be something she couldn't talk about legally (which would explain her quietness on her cancelling Sunday night's show). Guy would only have control over David and Rocco. David was seen exchanging gifts in the new video yesterday. Anyway, take this story with a grain of salt too. I still think it's a combination of factors for why she cancelled (exhaustion, her injuries) and a blow up with Guy would add to it all. Penny for your thoughts?

EXCLUSIVE: Madonna and ex-husband Guy Ritchie have mystery legal blow up right before Christmas - with the timing suggesting it's a dispute over where some of her six children should spend the holiday

Guy Ritchie filed a motion in their divorce case asking for 'the enforcement or execution of a judgment or order' on December 23 in Manhattan Supreme Court

Madonna, 61, and Ritchie, 50,  had a son Rocco, 19, over whom they have waged a bitter custody battle, which ended in 2016

During their eight-year marriage, Madonna adopted David Banda, 14, who has recently been spending time with Ritchie in London

During the previous dispute over Rocco, Christmas was the cause of a flare up in 2015 

The current matter has not been ruled on by Judge Deborah Kaplan, who is overseeing the case

Madonna has four other children, including Lourdes, 23, Mercy James, 13, who was adopted from Malawi, as were twins Stelle and Estere, 7

Ritchie filed a motion in their divorce case asking for the 'enforcement or execution of a judgment or order'.

The timing of the motion - which was filed on December 23 - suggests that there could be a disagreement over where some of Madonna's six children should be spending Christmas.

Madonna - who was recently pictured with new toyboy Ahlamalik Williams in Miami - and Ritchie have a son Rocco, 19, together over whom they waged a bitter and public custody battle over in courts in London and New York.

That ended in 2016 with Rocco being allowed to live in the UK with his father, a director whose films include Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels.

During her eight year marriage to Ritchie Madonna adopted David Banda, 14, from Malawi. Their younger son has recently been spending time with Ritchie in London.

The motion in the case was filed at the Manhattan Supreme Court in Madonna, 61, and Ritchie's divorce case.

The matter was settled in 2008 but any disputes over their children are dealt with there.

The court docket states that the defendant, in this case Ritchie, 50, has filed a motion asking for 'enforcement or execution of a judgement or order'.

The matter has not been ruled on by Judge Deborah Kaplan, who is overseeing the case.

During the previous dispute over Rocco, Christmas was the cause of a flare up in 2015.

At that time Judge Kaplan ordered the boy, who was 15 at the time, to return to New York to be with his mother but Ritchie's lawyers said he did not want to.

Ritchie and Madonna got married in 2000 in Skibo Castle in Scotland in a high profile ceremony attended by Gwyneth Paltrow, Donatella Versace and Stella McCartney.

Under the terms of their divorce he reportedly got around $92 million, which includes the Punchbowl pub in Mayfair, London that they owned and their estate in Wiltshire.

Rocco, 19, was at the center of a bitter custody dispute. In one previous flare-up in 2015, Christmas was at the center of the dispute

Madonna has occasionally spoken about their marriage and in an interview with Newsweek she said that the romance died.

She said: 'When you start off, everything's great and lovely, and the person you've married is flawless, and you're flawless.

'Then time goes by, and you share a life, you have children, and there are cracks in the veneer.'

In another interview she said that at times she 'felt incarcerated' by Ritchie.

She said: 'If you're an artist you've got to find someone who accepts who you are and are comfortable with that.'

Ritchie has been far more vocal and has said that whilst he does not regret his time with Madonna, the drama was too much and that their life became a 'soap opera'.

Friends of his have also claimed that her strict diet, her Kabbalah religion and obsession with yoga made her hard to live with.

Madonna is currently performing her Madame X tour, although she is taking a break over Christmas 

Madonna has recently been dating a new toyboy, Ahlamalik Williams, 26, a backup dancer who she was seen in Miami with her on the Florida leg of the Madame X tour

After divorcing Madonna Ritchie, 50, married his second wife Jacqui Ainsley in 2015, with whom he has three children.

In July they posed with David Banda at the premiere of the Lion King in London where the boy beamed a smile as he wore black tie.

Madonna has four other children, Lourdes, 23, Mercy James, 13, who was adopted from Malawi, as were twins Stelle and Estere, 7.

Madonna has recently moved to Portugal to be nearer David Banda and to help his career in soccer as he trains there with Benfica.

Her latest social media posts give no clue about the nature of the dispute.

She is currently on her Madame X world tour, though she is taking a break for Christmas.

Her latest post on Instagram was video of a group of women singing. She wrote: 'Thank you so much to all the lovely Batukadeira's!! You mean the World to me! And Of course I will Rise and hopefully see you all very soon!! #family #iiwillrise #madamextheatre

Among those commenting was futurelover1974 who wrote: 'Hope you feel better soon. and we get to see your show in London but put yourself first and make a full recovery'

Madonna has recently been dating a new toyboy, Ahlamalik Williams, 26, a backup dancer who she was seen in Miami with her on the Florida leg of her tour.

His parents have reportedly given their consent to their relationship despite the 35-year age gap. 

After all, the legal battle is the thing that makes more sense:

- explains the nervous breakdown (the firing of people might depend from M's decision to leave fast and not doing the show)

- explains the lack of info and no reason for cancellation given

- confirms the insiders' info that it's not health issue

- explains why the Batukadeiras sent a nice warm message but didn't seem worried 

- explains the IG Stories, the European leg not being at risk; the cast was celebrating the end of the US keg but if they thought the tour could be suspended for any reason they wouldn't seem so relaxed (the pictures M posts are not always recent, but the exchange of Xmas gifts must be from last night)

- might be caused by recent pictures of M and boy in the balcony... 

- might also involve David, who we have seen backstage in the latest stories

24 minutes ago, Enrico said:

After all, the legal battle is the thing that makes more sense:

- explains the nervous breakdown (the firing of people might depend from M's decision to leave fast and not doing the show)

- explains the lack of info and no reason for cancellation given

- confirms the insiders' info that it's not health issue

- explains why the Batukadeiras sent a nice warm message but didn't seem worried 

- explains the IG Stories, the European leg not being at risk; the cast was celebrating the end of the US keg but if they thought the tour could be suspended for any reason they wouldn't seem so relaxed (the pictures M posts are not always recent, but the exchange of Xmas gifts must be from last night)

- might be caused by recent pictures of M and boy in the balcony... 

- might also involve David, who we have seen backstage in the latest stories

I agree how this makes more sense. I don't believe the narrative that she's spoiled, unappreciative, inconsiderate,lost it, and having a tantrum to have a tantrum or whatever. 

• Fighter locked this topic
  • Fighter unfeatured and unlocked this topic