Madame X Tour | Miami

mcl786

I’m sure Warner would love nothing more, but they won’t be able to do anything other than reissue albums in their original form without Madonna’s sign-off.

Thats why all we get is coloured vinyl reissues without any altered content, it’s all they can do. 

It’s very common with major artists to have complete say on any alteration of their back catalogue (see also Queen, Janet Jackson, The Beatles etc). 

I now work in back catalogue on a pretty regular basis and so many artists I would love to work on are on ‘no go’ lists at various labels. 

It’s going to take someone very close to Madonna to try and get her interested in making them happen.

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, IamZod said:

I’m sure Warner would love nothing more, but they won’t be able to do anything other than reissue albums in their original form without Madonna’s sign-off.

Thats why all we get is coloured vinyl reissues without any altered content, it’s all they can do. 

It’s very common with major artists to have complete say on any alteration of their back catalogue (see also Queen, Janet Jackson, The Beatles etc). 

I now work in back catalogue on a pretty regular basis and so many artists I would love to work on are on ‘no go’ lists at various labels. 

It’s going to take someone very close to Madonna to try and get her interested in making them happen.

It’s so frustrating. I understand that she doesn’t want to be seen as a ‘legacy artist’ and wants to keep making music, but there really isn’t anything shameful about reflecting on and celebrating your legacy, particularly when you have arguably the best discography ever.

I really would love nothing more than remasters and anniversary editions of albums like Like a Prayer, Erotica, True Blue etc. And a blu ray of Blond Ambition is long overdue. 

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

It’s so frustrating. I understand that she doesn’t want to be seen as a ‘legacy artist’ and wants to keep making music, but there really isn’t anything shameful about reflecting on and celebrating your legacy, particularly when you have arguably the best discography ever.

I really would love nothing more than remasters and anniversary editions of albums like Like a Prayer, Erotica, True Blue etc. And a blu ray of Blond Ambition is long overdue. 

All of this will happen when she dies, unless she stipulates it legally that they can't be released for a certain number of years after her death. 

9 hours ago, MarXus said:

No one is saying she doesn't listen or take advice from people.  Of course she does.  Though, we're talking about how she prefers her stage and if she wants to climb up a ladder or not.  No more different than she taking the stage late. Certainly, people tell her not to do things, but we're talking about Madonna here.  You tell her; "Look M, You're 61 years old. You got a bum knee.  Those high heels aren't going to do you any favors?"  What do you think Madonna is going to tell you?

8 hours ago, gafuller said:

Lol, I could see her saying, “Fine, here you wear this wig and dress and take these heels and go Batuka your way out my theatre.”

Haha! So so true! 

I can relate with her on this since I love heels and boots too. Take away the shoes we like, you take away our spirit. :dead:

6 hours ago, scion said:

Well if that actually is her attitude, she deserves she gets for the arrogance. The fact she is climbing a ladder to the stage with a duff knee and then cancelling shows and letting down fans, leaving them out of pocket just screams disrespect to me. 

She can hardly be said to be trying her best to continue the tour if she's climbing unnecessary ladders and wearing heels.

Swallow some pride woman, adapt.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

source.gif

9 hours ago, scion said:

Well if that actually is her attitude, she deserves she gets for the arrogance. The fact she is climbing a ladder to the stage with a duff knee and then cancelling shows and letting down fans, leaving them out of pocket just screams disrespect to me. 

She can hardly be said to be trying her best to continue the tour if she's climbing unnecessary ladders and wearing heels.

Swallow some pride woman, adapt.

If only adapting to aging and life's changing and unexpected circumstances, accidents, injuries, losses, etc were that easy to deal with always.   Life has a real way of knocking us all down with unpredictable things that we had no idea could happen? It's not always easy to deal with, to know the answers, and find our way. 

Also, I don't believe Madonna set out to hurt her fans purposely with an injury and making it worse. Every night she was trying to give it her best shot and keep going so she didn't disappoint. She put everyone first imo and tried to be strong. She didn't know her limits but that doesn't mean she was purposely trying to be disrespectful to everyone and let them down. Anyway, I know we disagree a little sometimes,Scion, but I like you a lot regardless and always think about and respect your opinions. HuggsXxxxx

9 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I do recall reading somewhere that she was trying to get Blond Ambition out on DVD, but the holdup was with Pioneer, who still holds the rights to the filmed concert and does not want to give them up.

56 minutes ago, GarionOrb said:

I do recall reading somewhere that she was trying to get Blond Ambition out on DVD, but the holdup was with Pioneer, who still holds the rights to the filmed concert and does not want to give them up.

I think that's what people are assuming, but it's been 30 years, surely there is a time limit there. Besides, Pioneer sponsored the tour and the only official format their name is tied to is an out-dated format; the laser disc.

I personally believe Madonna just wants TRUTH OR DARE be the stand out here.  Though, right before she started working on Madame X, if you recall she was supposedly going through some old stuff from that time.  There was a glimmer of hope that something was happening. However, her management confirmed and even Alec (the director)  said the footage is missing/lost. 

10 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I think the last time we got closed was around the time the 20th anniversary box set was cancelled where she seemed more willing to go into her back catalog where I believe Stuart Price did remastering jobs or some sort of tinkering with her catalog along with looking into bonuses (Your Honesty) and what not. After it was cancelled, it seemed the only sort of reflection or goodies coming from the label and Madonna were either bonus tracks, B-sides on singles before they became defunct and Celebration. As others have said, she'd have to sign off and make an agreement for alterations to records and re-releases that would include new mixes, demos etc. I wonder what Caresse said or did to make what was cancelled actually an idea that left the thinking stage.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

I think the last time we got closed was around the time the 20th anniversary box set was cancelled where she seemed more willing to go into her back catalog where I believe Stuart Price did remastering jobs or some sort of tinkering with her catalog along with looking into bonuses (Your Honesty) and what not. After it was cancelled, it seemed the only sort of reflection or goodies coming from the label and Madonna were either bonus tracks, B-sides on singles before they became defunct and Celebration. As others have said, she'd have to sign off and make an agreement for alterations to records and re-releases that would include new mixes, demos etc. I wonder what Caresse said or did to make what was cancelled actually an idea that left the thinking stage.

I’m still furious about the 20th anniversary box set being cancelled. It really was everything I want in one box and it was cancelled. 

1 hour ago, GarionOrb said:

Yes, the stipulation was they had release rights over the concert for a number of years which I think have long expired. However, the only time a DVD release was planned or thought about was around 2003 or 2004 before it was scrapped. Guy and Madonna have made comments about looking for it, having discussions but nothing have come from it. The Paris footage and the one shot specifically for TOD has been rumored to have been lost for years and the only available ones would be tape quality from Barcelona, Japan or Nice (other in-house camera taped shows)

1 minute ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I’m still furious about the 20th anniversary box set being cancelled. It really was everything I want in one box and it was cancelled. 

Definitely a shame. Caresse seemed to be really engaged with fans and their wants at the time. Either Warners, Madonna or both felt it was too costy or too extravagant to be completed. The reason was never confirmed other than Henry's statement it was no longer being considered.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
5 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Definitely a shame. Caresse seemed to be really engaged with fans and their wants at the time. Either Warners, Madonna or both felt it was too costy or too extravagant to be completed. The reason was never confirmed other than Henry's statement it was no longer being considered.

Would be brilliant if they revisited the project for her 40th anniversary but sadly I can’t see it happening.

6 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Yes, the stipulation was they had release rights over the concert for a number of years which I think have long expired. However, the only time a DVD release was planned or thought about was around 2003 or 2004 before it was scrapped. Guy and Madonna have made comments about looking for it, having discussions but nothing have come from it. The Paris footage and the one shot specifically for TOD has been rumored to have been lost for years and the only available ones would be tape quality from Barcelona, Japan or Nice (other in-house camera taped shows)

That would be wrong, as Truth or Dare released in high definition recently, with stunning HD footage of the Blond Ambition tour.

6 hours ago, MarXus said:

I think that's what people are assuming, but it's been 30 years, surely there is a time limit there. Besides, Pioneer sponsored the tour and the only official format their name is tied to is an out-dated format; the laser disc.

I personally believe Madonna just wants TRUTH OR DARE be the stand out here.  Though, right before she started working on Madame X, if you recall she was supposedly going through some old stuff from that time.  There was a glimmer of hope that something was happening. However, her management confirmed and even Alec (the director)  said the footage is missing/lost. 

I don't know how the Paris footage has disappeared. I'm sure it's somewhere and perhaps with the 30th Anniversary of Truth or Dare in 2021 we may get the full concert with the documentary.

Also I can't see the Paris footage of Blond Ambition Tour being released as a stand alone when you have Truth or Dare (aka In Bed With Madonna) which is where most younger audiences will have first exposure to the concert. Both are too strongly connected in pop culture history now to be released separately. 

50 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I don't know how the Paris footage has disappeared. I'm sure it's somewhere and perhaps with the 30th Anniversary of Truth or Dare in 2021 we may get the full concert with the documentary.

Also I can't see the Paris footage of Blond Ambition Tour being released as a stand alone when you have Truth or Dare (aka In Bed With Madonna) which is where most younger audiences will have first exposure to the concert. Both are too strongly connected in pop culture history now to be released separately. 

It's wishful thinking.  Alek Keshishian has stated all the concert and additional professional footage went missing. This was recently mentioned.  It was sometime after Madonna was teasing us on Instagram (before Madame X was released) going into her archives, showing us items from BA tour.  (I believe Guy O.  confirmed this as well?)

I actually mentioned above that I felt Madonna rather let the Truth Or Dare be the stand out here, rather release the full concert.  Other than die hard fans, I can't see anyone else being interested in it.  At least to the point for it to be profitable on her part. 

If we ever get a full concert, I think it would basically part of some huge box set in the distant future and it probably would just be a copy of what's already out there. 

1 minute ago, MarXus said:

It's wishful thinking.  Alek Keshishian has stated all the concert and additional professional footage went missing. This was recently mentioned.  It was sometime after Madonna was teasing us on Instagram (before Madame X was released) going into her archives, showing us items from BA tour.  (I believe Guy O.  confirmed this as well?)

I actually mentioned above that I felt Madonna rather let the Truth Or Dare be the stand out here, rather release the full concert.  Other than die hard fans, I can't see anyone else being interested in it.  At least to the point for it to be profitable on her part. 

If we ever get a full concert, I think it would basically part of some huge box set in the distant future and it probably would just be a copy of what's already out there. 

If it's gone missing, someone has taken it and one day it'll surface. I doubt it's been thrown out. 

It's like when photos from the SEX book sessions where stolen and then the FBI found them. I'm sure there are photos from SEX which someone has secretly stored and one day will put them up for auction. Remember 80'000 photos were taken for that book. 

6 minutes ago, Ashley said:

If it's gone missing, someone has taken it and one day it'll surface. I doubt it's been thrown out. 

It's like when photos from the SEX book sessions where stolen and then the FBI found them. I'm sure there are photos from SEX which someone has secretly stored and one day will put them up for auction. Remember 80'000 photos were taken for that book. 

No one said it was "thrown out".  In fact, Madonna probably knows exactly where the footage is, but isn't telling anyone.  Like I mentioned (as you did as well), she prefers Truth or Dare be the stand out film to feature that tour. 

13 hours ago, MarXus said:

No one said it was "thrown out".  In fact, Madonna probably knows exactly where the footage is, but isn't telling anyone.  Like I mentioned (as you did as well), she prefers Truth or Dare be the stand out film to feature that tour. 

Also when you look at it most of all the stand out performances from that tour are featured in the film. 

I'm still curious why Open Your Heart didn't make the cut into the film or as additional dvd bonus though. Oliver Crumes and her performance was just magical. 

21 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

It's the Paris footage which most people want, that's the thing. Other than that the Nice concert would be the runner up. 

13 minutes ago, Ashley said:

It's the Paris footage which most people want, that's the thing. Other than that the Nice concert would be the runner up. 

Nice or Japan since they already finished and complete. It's odd despite the Pioneer stipulation she didn't chuck out one of those on a DVD release. Even when the boxset with the apparent tours all included, nothing was said about which show. Perhaps the whole TOD issue also came into play but the Paris show just captures the show beautifully and makes it look like the legendary tour it is. The Japan show is very safe and in the early stages of the tour, Nice is alright but the color washing on the footage is distracting at times.

3 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Nice or Japan since they already finished and complete. It's odd despite the Pioneer stipulation she didn't chuck out one of those on a DVD release. Even when the boxset with the apparent tours all included, nothing was said about which show. Perhaps the whole TOD issue also came into play but the Paris show just captures the show beautifully and makes it look like the legendary tour it is. The Japan show is very safe and in the early stages of the tour, Nice is alright but the color washing on the footage is distracting at times.

The Japanese version of BAT is like the Girlie Show version, very safe and doesn't show M in her full glory when she was at her peak.