Material Girl Best Live Version?  

65 members voted

1. 1. Best Live Version?

• The Virgin Tour 1985
    • The Who's That Girl Tour 1987
    • The Blond Ambition Tour 1990
    • The Re-Invention Tour 2004
    • The Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016

Have to explain here... I voted for the Virgin tour,  because all in all it got the best package of show/performance and vocal quality. The vocals are, typical for early Madonna in my opinion, not her strongest. But the way she performs it, stretching the frontiers between glamour and the deep sarcasm that song always had. Love that. 

Next comes the Re-Invention Tour. Here the performance is rather simple but her vocals are the strongest out of all the live versions of this song I have listened to up to now. 

Rebel Heart version got a bit slowly and yeah its not really exciting. But I love the looks and it feels pretty nostalgic to see 2016 Madonna perform this song of the beginning of her career. 

Blonde ambition yeah... it got the most votes and I see why people like it but it makes rank three at best for me. It's a bit too trashy (although I am pretty sure that was the intention). The second part is really good but the first? I don't know.

And Who's That Girl...thats horrendous, sorry. Really, the vocals are not good and its super super trashy but without the glamour Blonde ambition most definitively had. 

• 1 month later...

The Virgin Tour... I don't really like how she sings it during the BAT, but it is an entertaining performance. I actually haven't seen the performances of it during the Re-invention and Rebel Heart tours.

Her performance of it during the WTG tour isn't that memorable since she did a mash-up with other songs...