M15- The next Album

Greenlook

Since M14 (Madame X) is out now, the trip begins in a certain way again - Life is a circle. I am wondering what next step for Madonna would be possible: She has done almost everything... Disco, Subtropical sounds on M14, R'nB etc. Usually the grain for the next record lies in the record before. In a way I also see Madame X as a developpment from Rebel Heart, including the infulences she found in Lisbon.

So, to cut a long story short, what could M15 sound like? Working with Mirwais/ Dean again? Going full pop or experimental?

5 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Pat Leonard(song writing and piano) and Orbit(production and guitars) for the next album please and no no no no AUTO-TUNE :)

I dont want Mirwais for next album, sorry :( He is good but Orbit and Leonard are more to my taste and maybe Pettibone ?

Hell will come to Earth before this happens, sorry. Honestly, Mr Pettibone was left behind in mid 90s, and I think she will never reconnect with him.

I'd suggest that she make a new album fast, not too deep like this one, but one a little friendlier that will compliment Madame X and do a big tour with both albums, like Drowned World, after her theatre tour. Ten cute songs would be great, she's given us messages and food for thought to last years after all. I don't care at all about a new album yet, I just want new material from her every year. If she did songs for soundtracks or non album singles, M15 could come in four years again and I wouldn't mind. When people wait too long their expectations grow out of proportion and they act entitled. 

2 hours ago, Blue Prince said:

I'd suggest that she make a new album fast, not too deep like this one, but one a little friendlier that will compliment Madame X and do a big tour with both albums, like Drowned World, after her theatre tour. 

No, sorry, but I think she's done. This is her victory lap, the ending of her Live Nation contract, and she'll want to go out on a high note. She has three movies to direct lined up after this (not counting her I'll be directing my own autobiography jokes), and I truly believe that after telling us that we'll miss her when she's gone, she's gonna show us how that actually feels.

I don't expect a new album for at least 4 years, if ever. 

4 minutes ago, The Same Parts said:

No, sorry, but I think she's done. This is her victory lap, the ending of her Live Nation contract, and she'll want to go out on a high note. She has three movies to direct lined up after this (not counting her I'll be directing my own autobiography jokes), and I truly believe that after telling us that we'll miss her when she's gone, she's gonna show us how that actually feels.

I don't expect a new album for at least 4 years, if ever. 

I was gonna say that....

tours, movies, kids, exploring more of the world...

yeah i don't see another album at the moment

She took her sweet time making this album for a reason. With her divorce with Guy, we had a four year gap. The leaks she said out a bad taste in her mouth, and we got another 4 year gap. Perhaps the good reviews and if the theatre stuff goes well, she will feel good about her music again. I believe her inspiration will stem from the children and what they are doing. I think a good dance album next would be good. But the record shows that she can’t leave politics and world issues alone. If she can be less direct about them, then they’d be more easily digestible and danceable. 

If she’s to direct a movie after the tour ends she probably won’t start making music again until 2022.

As for what kind of music she’ll make then, well, we’ll see what’s popular in two years. The only two things that are certain are that fans will continue to ask for her to make music similar to her 80s/90s output and that she isn’t going to.

I don't imagine many more full studio albums coming. maybe a couple more. its time for her to relax and enjoy life only if she feels the passion to release something. we have heaps and heaps of full albums, soundtracks, singles, remixes, demos, she's already given us so much material for a lifetime. I wouldn't mind if Madame X was her last album tbh. I just hope she doesn't stop touring.. nor performing/become hidden away from the world