Madonna | God Control | June 26

Madonna Recruits RuPaul's Drag Race Queens For New Music Video

It's thought the pop icon will be joined by "a bunch" of queens in her new clip.

By Daniel Welsh

Madonna has recruited some former stars of RuPaul’s Drag Race to appear in her upcoming music video.

The Queen of Pop is currently gearing up for her return to the music scene, with the lead single from her upcoming 14th studio album, which is believed to be called Magic, tipped for release in the coming weeks.

Earlier this week, Madonna revealed on Instagram that she was shooting the song’s music video, and it sounds as though she may have some surprise Drag Race cameos.

Among them will be the most recent winner of All Stars 4, Monét X Change, who is reported to have accepted a last-minute offer from Madonna, forcing her to miss a show in Denver.

As a result, Monét has been pulled from the Haters Roast US tour, with a statement from organisers saying: “Sometime during the afternoon, we’re told [Monét] received a phone call from Madonna with an offer to be in an upcoming music video. Monét asked [organisers Murray & Peter] if it would be ok to leave the tour to accept the offer. We said no because it was too short notice to replace her on Haters.

“Just hours before the show was to start and without telling anyone including the other queens on the Denver show, Monet left the venue and flew to LA to accept Madonna’s offer. Therefore, we have decided that Monet will no longer be on any upcoming Haters Roast dates.”

What’s more, season 4 runner-up Phi Phi O’Hara revealed on her Twitter account that she had also been offered the chance to appear in Madonna’s video, but turned it down.

Photographer Luke Austin posted on his Instagram account that he’d been on the set of Madonna’s video for 16 hours, teasing: “The song is great. The video is political. The video will be controversial.”

Madonna isn’t the first star to include queens from RuPaul’s Drag Race in a music video, though, with Little Mix previously featuring Courtney Act, Willam Belli and Alaska Thunderfuck 5000 in their Power clip.

Miley Cyrus also brought in a team of queens when she closed the show at the VMAs in 2015.

https://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/madonna-new-music-video-drag-race-monet-x-change_uk_5c7a65dde4b0e1f77651c9e8?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAADGOaqZdtJeB4BhkFBX6dDEwvc5t_bo2EV7v9yl05oscHTwauTWjwDT-Gej_dFsj9-Liz4yhpRw1KqNixrLEw_qeffRDoNrTzNDiFKNJ3kPqQPM2sKjbSNVLmtKIKGhZeOT3X2cbQot6jBKqvw4LXnQtCqGReQRszdIB8RyPga2O

Bland drag queen Monet X Change in new Madonna video? Please don’t be true!

Drag Race has declined to ridiculousness and a bland queen like Monet (who didn’t deserve to win) will feature in a new video. Why? Her makeup artist’s influence?

On 3/2/2019 at 8:36 AM, Fighter said:

Why degrade someone’s success she hasnt done anywthing wrong,

I hope its true they asked many tho ?

Felt undeserved and shoe-horned in. If Trinity was the only winner they’d complain black queens never win. She won because she’s black not because she has talent. Which she doesn’t. Pussycat wigs and flat shoes? Ok. I like drag in my queens. 

Gia Gunn is right about Monet. Check her Twitter feed. 

Now Madonna’s PR people are bringing the drag race girls to snatch that young gay market. Miley and Gaga already used them, Madonna gets sloppy seconds. 

Drag Race stopped being cool a long time ago. 

1 hour ago, anaglyphx said:

Now Madonna’s PR people are bringing the drag race girls to snatch that young gay market. Miley and Gaga already used them, Madonna gets sloppy seconds. 

Drag Race stopped being cool a long time ago. 

Well, I have to say that you're very wrong about this. 

I think that Madonna hired these Drag queens just because song(I mean Music Video)'s theme is about stone wall, you know gay right, fight for equality NOT because Drag race is popular.

And you mentioned about Miley and gaga...and Madonna gets sloppy second? You're kidding right? or I assume that you're young. right?

Then Go to youtube and watch Deeper and Deeper official music video.

Do you even know who is Drag queen Chi Chi LaRue?

Well The one and only queen of pop Madonna already did hire Drag queen at 1992 in her music video Deeper and Deeper.

So I think that you have to learn yourself.

Miley and gaga use drag queen when? 2013 something? These average pop stars did it way too late. not even sloppy seconds. They are way too late.

I mean one thing you said is right, gaga and miley use drag queen just because their show is popular. 

But Madonna didn't use them because their show is popular.

Madonna already hired them for fighting for equality when there is no such popular tv show like drag race.

deeper%2Band%2Bdeeper.png

image-w1280.jpg?1445916347

2 minutes ago, brazilfan said:

I think that Madonna hired these Drag queens just because song's theme is about stone wall, you know gay right, fight for equality NOT because Drag race is popular.

And you mentioned about Miley and gaga... I assume that you're young. right?

Miley and gaga use drag queen when? 2013 something?

Well The one and only queen of pop Madonna already did hire Drag queen at 1992 in her music video Deeper and Deeper.

She looked gorgeous in this video. One of her best, most cryptic videos ever.

31 minutes ago, brazilfan said:

I think that Madonna hired these Drag queens just because song's theme is about stone wall, you know gay right, fight for equality NOT because Drag race is popular.

And you mentioned about Miley and gaga...and Madonna gets sloppy second? You're kidding right? or I assume that you're young. right?

Miley and gaga use drag queen when? 2013 something? These average pop stars did it way too late. not even sloppy seconds. They are way too late.

I mean one thing you said is right, gaga and miley use drag queen just because their show is popular. 

Madonna already hired them for fighting for equality when there is no such popular tv show like drag race.

The song is about Stone Wall?

8 minutes ago, drivebitch said:

The song is about Stone Wall?

We are talking about Music video right? I mean this topic about Music video and drag queen right? then At least Music video for sure, Isn't it obvious? Gay right, Stonewall and etc

pX5XmxlG0QQ.jpg

xsQMhpJKpNk.jpg

1 hour ago, brazilfan said:

I think that Madonna hired these Drag queens just because song(I mean Music Video)'s theme is about stone wall, you know gay right, fight for equality NOT because Drag race is popular.

I know. I'm not an idiot. And her use of drag for the VMAs back in 99 was genius.

I am talking about using Drag Race girls. THAT is not edgy or cool, just commercial and safe. Milk was already used for MDNA Skin. I know her make-up artist is friends with some of them. They even got to go backstage on the Rebel Heart tour in Australia. 

I don't find anything edgy or political about using performers from a popular and safe commercial TV show just because it gets the most hashtags and likes on social media. When drag is mainstream, there is no need to fight for "rights" anymore. Mission accomplished.

Interesting that in Kabbalah men wearing women's clothes is an abomination, as is homosexuality which some members have claimed to overcome. I am finding it hard to reconcile both of these things with Madonna. Didn't she want drag queens to do She's Not Me for Sticky&Sweet Tour?

Just seems to me her new PR team are really trying to win back the gays and to leech off of whatever is popular that would ensure the most sales of her new record.

1 hour ago, anaglyphx said:

I know. I'm not an idiot. And her use of drag for the VMAs back in 99 was genius.

I am talking about using Drag Race girls. THAT is not edgy or cool, just commercial and safe. Milk was already used for MDNA Skin. I know her make-up artist is friends with some of them. They even got to go backstage on the Rebel Heart tour in Australia. 

I don't find anything edgy or political about using performers from a popular and safe commercial TV show just because it gets the most hashtags and likes on social media. When drag is mainstream, there is no need to fight for "rights" anymore. Mission accomplished.

the show is only mainstream for a drag queen competition, its still a niche, and its success is not a representation of the real world or the level of acceptance out there. even with all its flaws what it brings forth is still relevant.

Im glad M is continuing to put diversity in her work, that is always a good thing regardless of who did it first or for what cynical reason. Its not like its gonna be more than just a cameo so i dont see why people are bothered. 

I wonder if Monet's Hebrew tattoo will get a feature in the video...I guess that makes her somewhat interesting. Would love to know the story behind it.

42 minutes ago, skyfitswim said:

i don't really care about drag queens , so i does not matter witch one is in it , i want to see madonna in it :-)

Drag queens are getting pretty boring. I hope this is not another group party video like Celebration, Turn Up the Radio, Bitch I'm Madonna, parts of Hung Up, Sorry, etc, etc. Like, "we"re a cool gang of partiers just dancing and having fun." I'd like a little more plot, purpose or structure.

Bottom line, as long as M looks great and I like her dance moves and camera angles, I'm a happy camper and don't care who's around her (I love Bitch I'm Madonna video). But those cool kids party videos tend to be cringey.

Videos I consider plot/structure are What It Feels Like For A Girl and 4 Minutes are 2 examples off top of my head.

Of course I'd die a thousand deaths if we got something like Paradise or Like A Prayer.

Overall I'm fairly optimistic. Her video quality went way up with Rebel Heart era, far better than any Hard Candy video, MDNA or even Confessions.

14 hours ago, brazilfan said:

We are talking about Music video right? I mean this topic about Music video and drag queen right? then At least Music video for sure, Isn't it obvious? Gay right, Stonewall and etc

pX5XmxlG0QQ.jpg

xsQMhpJKpNk.jpg

No. Could be anything.