Madonna | God Control | June 26

On 6/17/2019 at 8:38 PM, SecretProject said:

This was the disco video with the drag queens.

The song is about gun control so we’re getting super political Madonna back but after seeing some of the imagery, I’m hesitant already.

The Pulse massacre was 3 years ago and it’s still so fresh to me.  Seeing her bloodied on the floor leaves a heart dropping feeling in my stomach.  I can’t escape my roommate crying at the sight of his bffs mother crying for her son who died in the attack.  I’m at a restaurant on my work break now and it’s hard not to tear up and hold it together in here.

What do do you think? Keep the comments nice please. You can disagree but please, I’m begging you, don’t be mean.

I think that's why this video is so needed right now. Life is full of cruel and evil people and events, provoking people to think about the tragic loss of life and to put that into context of these being human beings that were murdered and not just statistics is something everyone should pay attention too. Not to mention the terrible gun laws in the US! Unfortunately her critics will not get this and will just chastise her for a "bad choice" and "sensationalism" to sell records. These 'nay sayers' need to look for further then their own self absorbed lives X

On 6/23/2019 at 7:56 PM, Semtex1 said:

Great post. Its like having our own comparison expert. Gonna have to watch this movie again !

And also there's the Madame X tour logo which is very similar to Tony Montana's official logo (he has it on his office chair and it's on all the official Scarface merchandising for 36 years). I'm not certain it'sdone on purpose but still a fun fact 😉

Screenshot_20190624-202249_Facebook.jpg

61Mt+F562lL._UX385_.jpg

1 hour ago, Bitch I’m Madonna said:

No and no.

I don’t think it will be a hit but I’m looking forward to the video - I hope it’s not going to give her negative publicity though - people like to dump on her a lot lately unfairly of course 😫🙄

7 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I don’t think it will be a hit but I’m looking forward to the video - I hope it’s not going to give her negative publicity though - people like to dump on her a lot lately unfairly of course 😫🙄

U do yourself, how's your hard-on ?
:pop::laughing:

11 hours ago, rescue_me said:

I look forward to fan mixes if she doesn’t release any herself. I actually like the song if it weren’t for the Grillz intro, which I still feel like should have been a separate interlude/prelude and not connected with the main track. At some point I’ll make an edit where the song starts at the choir, unless something like that exists. Does it?

Fan Mixes....aren't anything to do with her.
I'm sure there's that hope she might use one 'live' but most are crap.

1 hour ago, wtg1987 said:

I'm also looking forward to the visuals but seriously...this song song is less radio friendly and digestible than the entirety of American Life. Do people seriously believe that a song that is as gay-pandering yet in-your-face political would be a hit let alone get any airplay? 

A song about gun control will NEVER EVER EVER get a lot of airplay in the US and the message isn't relevant in  Europe. It's just...not single-material.

Radio will come up with an excuse not to play it anyway. Might as well be because it’s about gun control this time.

Radio is formulaic. This album is not. It’s a shame as it could do wonders to reshape pop music a little and give it a much-needed kick in the ass.

Watch pop stars start to be a bit more opiniated and experimental from now on. Just watch.

37 minutes ago, Bitch I’m Madonna said:

I'm also looking forward to the visuals but seriously...this song song is less radio friendly and digestible than the entirety of American Life. Do people seriously believe that a song that is as gay-pandering yet in-your-face political would be a hit let alone get any airplay? 

A song about gun control will NEVER EVER EVER get a lot of airplay in the US and the message isn't relevant in  Europe. It's just...not single-material.

I think that's realistic... but the fact that the message isn't relevant in Europe is not relevant chartwise. :laughing:

On a subjective matter I'd add that the song is not that good (where is the chorus that everyone expects from a banger ?), but I said it several times already, I should not say it again I guess.

Still, I'm looking forward to that video because it's true, it looks truly epic and can really do this track justice to my ears... I hope so !

It can certainly helps the album to be on the spotlight again... even if it's not radio friendly it could have some video streams.

On 6/23/2019 at 7:03 PM, Bat-Fan said:

This edit shows the song could work for radio. It is so well done. I hope it is not just a video release but an actual 3rd single. Radio will play it if it is edited and this edit is very good. Heart of the song is still there even though 2 minutes have been cut.

ITS THE BEST EDIT!!!!THXXX TO RHAUL!!!!!!! XXX

2 minutes ago, patrice1711 said:

2 minutes ago, patrice1711 said:

I love it, but I think it is not official

47 minutes ago, patrice1711 said:

i know,there's not a official right now!!! but this version kills it, as in a GOOD F  WAY for me!!!!!! SUPER EDIT!!!!THXXX AGAIN Rhaul. LUV

I agree, that is why I insist this song could be a single with a proper edit.