Sign in to follow this  
madaboutM

Madame X - Madonna's 9th #1 album in the US?

1 hour ago, gustavobeb said:

They just confirmed on iHeart that it got #1, Madonna said "thank you everyone" etc etc

I'd say that's estimating. Billboard Hasnt announced it yet. Hoping so

Hits Daily Double have put her at 96,702 Total and #1. They have offically announced it. I have never known them to be wrong, though I don't follow sales charts much anymore.

3 hours ago, me1981 said:

Hits Daily Double have put her at 96,702 Total and #1. They have offically announced it. I have never known them to be wrong, though I don't follow sales charts much anymore.

Are we sure Springsteen hasn’t caught her up ? 🙄

This is a big deal for her then right? I’m not from America but I do know they haven’t had a great relationship with Madonna for a while now...is it a surprise to everyone that she’s  got another number one album?

(sadly everyone over here seems to have bought Bruce Springsteen for their dads for Father’s Day so M has number 2...which is still a great achievement of course)

10 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Are we sure Springsteen hasn’t caught her up ? 🙄

Springteen is on a total of 62,980. I doubt he will catch up. If these numbers are correct, again I am not sure if hits daily double is accurate, I think they are though

9 hours ago, Jet said:

This is a big deal for her then right? I’m not from America but I do know they haven’t had a great relationship with Madonna for a while now...is it a surprise to everyone that she’s  got another number one album?

(sadly everyone over here seems to have bought Bruce Springsteen for their dads for Father’s Day so M has number 2...which is still a great achievement of course)

Maybe, though Hard Candy and MDNA both went to #1 in the US.

10 hours ago, Jet said:

I’m more shocked that she didn’t get to number one in the U.K. ? I can’t believe how much her popularity has waned there - I’ve lived there all my life and she seems to get less and less popular each album now - and the press really go for her too - look at the unfair shit she got on the Graham Norton show ? 

In the 90s and 00s she always did better than the US charts wise so I don’t get now why she has plummeted so much in the U.K. ? 

42 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I’m more shocked that she didn’t get to number one in the U.K. ? I can’t believe how much her popularity has waned there - I’ve lived there all my life and she seems to get less and less popular each album now - and the press really go for her too - look at the unfair shit she got on the Graham Norton show ? 

In the 90s and 00s she always did better than the US charts wise so I don’t get now why she has plummeted so much in the U.K. ? 

She became popular again when she started to dress more “appropriately” in the late 90’s and then marry British man of the moment-Guy Ritchie. Then of course it was all her fault they divorced and when she started to feel free and be more like her true self with clothes, attitude etc they pounced on her all over again. How dare she divorce one of our own? How dare she dress provocatively? How dare she age? Bla bla bla...

8 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Maybe after moving out of the UK after her divorce took a toll in her popularity? she hasn't expressed missing living back there too much.

18 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Some interesting theories here but you are all forgetting she didn’t live in the U.K. in the 90s or was married 🙄 and she had plenty of hits ....

She was in her 30s