baymad4her

Is Madame X Going To Be The Last Studio Album Madonna Will Release?

I ask this as I don't see Madonna releasing another studio album until she's about 65 so is she going to bother or just release greatest hits collections? 

I doubt she's officially done. I think she'll finish the tour and disappear for her usual 3-4 years, direct a couple of movies, and then come back with something else. Cher's still going strong with her typical dance-pop albums and arena tours at 73, so I wouldn't put it past Madonna to at least stick around until that age. We'll see!

I would like to see her put more emphasis into the creation of albums in her older age, rather than touring and all these other projects she has. As long as she continues to make music, I'll be happy.

I hope going to the top and bringing her inspirational troupe on tour with her will inspire an album sooner than later, maybe something completely unexpected. Also wouldn't be surprised if she pops up on Mirwais allegedly pending album. 

I don't think she's done. But when I listen to MX I get a certain feeling, something beyond the music, the lyrics and the vocals. Of course is my perception, but she sounds both tired and depressed, bored even. I can't substantiate this logically because it's just something I perceive. But I don't know if she's tired of making albums or tired of working hard. 

I have a hunch that this could be her last "traditional" era, maybe her next projects will morph into something different from what we've come to expect from her. But I don't think she could afford another 3-4 years hiatus because the clock is ticking and when you reach a certain age, time goes faster and energy decrease.  She should release new material as soon as next year. And when it comes to movies, she should let go of that for good. Of course, all of this is just my opinion.

She always says she is not stopping anytime soon! and has no plans to stop doing what she does. I do not believe this is her last studio album...if anything, whenever she plans on stopping, I can imagine she would go out with BANG first! 

I very much doubt that this would be her last album. There will come a time when we see Madonna retire into her old age, but I doubt it would happen anytime soon

I think she has proved she still has something to say.

And although it was heloed by ticket sales, the album is successful.

I hope her live band inspires her on tour.

I agree she shouldn't wait 4 years for the next project, but this may happen..

Of course she's not done, she's still very creative, still selling whatever we are told about her relevance, she's still here to stay because she still has that fire burning. She will only stop when she's dead !

23 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

I really want her to do a live album with live musicians like she was going to do after the girlie show - a greatest hits plus new songs from Madame X all re-worked 😍

giphy.gif

I don't see her knowing ahead of time when she will stop. It will just happen because she just doesn't want to do it anymore and has other things to do and other ways to express herself. Right now music still speaks to her and for her, when it doesn't, it won't and she won't do it anymore. I know everyone wants some sort of definitive end, but she has never been like that. If more than the usual 4 years pass and we get no album, then maybe it will be time to speculate. Then again, she may take 10 years and suddenly decide to make another one. 

After the MDNA tour I knew she'd ditch stadiums and after Rebel Heart I knew she'd move to theatre's. I am sure she will just release music and tour as it suits her, rather than by some timeline of 2 or 4 years.