Madame X Tour | New York City

cherry

23 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Rescue Me was a dancers interlude with updated vocals. I could only tell by one different word though. 

Lourdes was a video feature during Frozen. It was AMAZING. And she had hairy armpits.

Stella, Estere, and Mercy were all part of the show

Wow. Sounds beautiful. Thank you! 

11 minutes ago, amscity said:

How is the entrance? The outfits?

Im going to assume anyone reading this is expecting spoilers. If not... dont read. 

The first outfit is, on paper... Hideous. looks like George Washington. However... it looks alright. Basically what she's been rehearsing in with the white flower thing and the spandex with a George Washington hat. but updated and stylish. 

20 minutes ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

Final setlist 

God Control 
Beautiful game 
Human nature 
Express yourself - acapella chorus
Papa don’t preach opening swell
Joke section 
Vogue
I don’t search
Section where she sells a Polaroid selfie to a fan - tonight it was Rosie o donell
Papa don’t preach first verse and chorus 
American life
Coffin interlude 
Fado song (unknown title)
Killers
Crazy 
Welcome to my Fado Club/La Isla Bonita chorus
Sodade
Medellín
Sits in the crowd and talks to audience member 
Extreme occident 
Rescue me spoken interlude
Frozen
Come Alive
Future 
Crave Tracy young mix
Like a prayer Eurovision version
I Rise / exits through crowd

I liked the setlist  :hearteyes: 

Thank you all for the information.

1 minute ago, RUADJAI said:

Im going to assume anyone reading this is expecting spoilers. If not... dont read. 

The first outfit is on paper... Hideous. looks like George Washington. However... it looks alright. 

like what she teased on her instagram ages ago when she first started rehearsals ..? like a dish cloth lol

18 minutes ago, groovyguy said:

SPOILER

@Madonna performed Papa Don’t Preach instead of Easy Ride.
You Must Love me hasn’t been performed. Neither Rain which was added latest five days. 
A small clip of Rescue Me was used in one of the interludes.
Not only Madonna performed Cesaria Evora’s Sodade, but also sang one of Celeste Rodrigues’ songs. 
Her twins are on stage with her on Human Nature (together with Mercy) and in Crazy, which is a very cool dance remix.
Lola is on the video projections during Frozen.
Madonna played the piano for a completely reinvented version of Future.
Madonna leaves the stage from the orchestra walking through the audience at the end of I Rise, which closes the show.
Madonna sang part of Express Yourself acapella.

Lovesss. Thank you!!

There is stll a lot of confusion about the setlist.

http://news.madonnatribe.com/en/2019/madame-x-is-on-tour/

https://www.news-of-madonna.com/Spoilers-Madame-X-Tour_a1164.html

1) Was GC at the beginning or after PDP

2) Many call it Beautiful game because only the first part is done?

3) IDSIF is the first section?

4) What was the first interlude? Were the other Rescue me and SRX?

5) How are the male part sung in Medellin, Future and Crave?

6) Was Sodade included?

2 minutes ago, Enrico said:

There is stll a lot of confusion about the setlist.

http://news.madonnatribe.com/en/2019/madame-x-is-on-tour/

https://www.news-of-madonna.com/Spoilers-Madame-X-Tour_a1164.html

1) Was GC at the beginning or after PDP

2) Many call it Beautiful game because only the first part is done?

3) IDSIF is the first section?

4) What was the first interlude? Were the other Rescue me and SRX?

5) How are the male part sung in Medellin, Future and Crave?

6) Was Sodade included?

GC is right at the beginning. 

Dark ballet is performed in whole. 

She didn't mouth the words of the spoken word part. She just grabbed dancers and pushed them around like Eurovision. 

First Interlude... you'll have to listen to the audio. 

I didn't miss anyone on stage. The male vocals in Crave were a cool little dance number she did with the dancers. 

I dont know the name of the songs but she sang two song id never heard before. 

1) The Polaroid selfie is SOLD, not given? That bitch should sing Material girl

2) Were people standing?

3) Official cameras?

4) Are the batukadeiras in section 2 only? And string section? Or are the instruments including grand piano always on stage?

5) Are LAP and I rise intended as encores like the ones in BAT and GS?

20 minutes ago, skyfitswim said:

maybe a weird question but did all people stand or they all sit down ?

Most people stood the entire time. 

Some rich people in front of me sat the entire time. They were obviously not fans. The asked me who Debbie Mazar was when everyone clapped as she walked in. 

15 minutes ago, Emiliano Padilla said:

How was her entrance? Was it Confessions Tour style hyping, or a more layed back style like what we saw on Who's that girl or Re-Invention

I honestly dont remember it that much. She just kind of appeared. It all started with a typewriter/dance art piece about artists dont by her new boyfriend. He's gunned down and she appeared from what I remember. 

Here’s what I can remember
- The opening was very theatrical and dramatic, beautiful words projected all over the stage about freedom and being an artist, I won’t do it justice by trying to explain it.
- The Typewriter is a theme that runs along the show, you feel like you’re part of a story. Set is stairs that come apart, move around, have doors and alcoves, they are used plain and with projections. Minimal yet rich!
- [Natural hair] She opened with God Control in a colonial (?) outfit, then Dark Ballet, followed by a groovy jazzy 90’s wonderful Human Nature (best live version of the song) and a great short acapella Express Yourself featuring all the ladies of the troupe including her daughters
- Cute on stage costume change hidden behind a screen with lots of playful banter.
- [Blonde Spy wig + black raincoat] Vogue, IDSIF (very Blond Ambition Dick Tracy), Papa Don’t Preach Changing the lyrics to “I’m NOT keeping my baby” at the end and then talking about woman’s rights to do as they please with their bodies, American Life.
- We journey across the world map.
- [Batuka dark wig + glittery blue body suit similar to one in album photos]
- Beautiful version of Batuka with all the ladies, she just looks so lovely in the wig!! Happy, radiant, energetic.
- Killers, more percussions and instruments, great vocals without vocoder, made up for the cringe worthy lyrics. The chorus and outro were beautiful.
- Setting: a beautiful street scene (think a much more authentic version of the Billboard awards set) with lovely designs. Crazy, Fado with a bit of Bonita, Sodade, Medellín. Love her in this wig and outfit, I could watch a whole show of her in this garb!
- Extreme Occident, Minimal set with moving stairs. Rescue Me spoken word (she’s not on stage) with the dancers doing amazing rhythmic movements.
- FROZEN: a highlight for me. I kinda don’t want to spoil the reveal, I’ll let others do it but I wish nobody would because it made it even more magical not knowing what we were seeing. Goosebumps. She had the “i Rise” single cover clothes on, all dark stage with her being the only visible thing + with projections of a dancer over a transparent screen. Magical. Breathtaking vocals, live strings, slight percussion. I’d kill to experience that again.
- Come Alive, my favourite song from the album, very colourful and lively, all the Batukians were in colourful caftans but Madonna was in her Crave video dress for some weird reason. Lively performance.
- Future, Madonna playing the Piano!!! A very cool version of the song. I felt that it had different lyrics at some point but please correct me if I’m wrong. I enjoyed this arrangement, a lot more experimental.
- And now the final part. The least cohesive and rushed part. Crave dance remix. Dancers in disco-ish clothes, giant disco ball. Did nothing for me, felt very forced because the show needed a lighter upbeat song but I don’t think it worked. I felt that she should’ve gotten into Get Together at some point and it would’ve made sense.
- Disco becomes Like a Prayer in Eurovision clothes. M & the choir are on the stairs and they make an X with her in the middle.
- Curtain comes down, and time for the Encore: I rise. Good song, nothing exceptional. Back in Crave dress. She left the stage from the middle of the crowd and kept singing, similar to the MET Gala ending (Aka singing off stage).

Musings:
- no tour book, will be ready for next week.
- Merch different variations of the pop-up ones + new stuff.
- People stood up in the Orchestra and didn’t sit. If people behind you are sitting please me respectful and sit your ass down, we all had a great view of the stage you didn’t need to stand when other didn’t.
- She sounded good, it was all live. Sound wasn’t that great in some songs though.
- She said the show wasn’t still finished, so I wonder if anything will change in time.
- The last act is really jumbled up and not cohesive.
- For a Theater show it felt long, but the time Crave came on I was ready to go lol, Come Alive would’ve been a great ending.
- Yes not enough old songs but it was a celebration of Madame X and you get it and you’re with her on the ride.
- Crazy + Crave could’ve been replaced by oldies that made more sense.
- Debbie Mazar, Rosie O’donnel and Anderson Cooper where in the audience. Guy Oseary was in one of the boxes. Don’t know if there was anybody else there.
- I wonder if she invited press and if we’ll get press photos and reviews?

And now allow me please to bitch:
We’re here to hear MADONNA sing. Not you. NOT YOU. To the 2 drunk Brazilian guys who kept yelling and singing loud, it was not cool. You spoiled the experience for many of us. We’re all excited but we all want to enjoy the show, no need to yell and act stupid. Respecting people around you is a must. Shame on you.

From Tribe

(I agree with last part, we're not in a stadium, neither an arena, so shut the fuck up when she'll sing Frozen, Killers or Extreme occident, I don't wanna hear fans ugly voices too !).

11 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

GC is right at the beginning. 

Dark ballet is performed in whole. 

She didn't mouth the words of the spoken word part. She just grabbed dancers and pushed them around like Eurovision. 

First Interlude... you'll have to listen to the audio. 

I didn't miss anyone on stage. The male vocals in Crave were a cool little dance number she did with the dancers. 

I dont know the name of the songs but she sang two song id never heard before. 

was quavo on future 

• Fighter locked this topic
  • Fighter unfeatured this topic
  • Fighter unlocked this topic
  • Fighter featured this topic
  • madgefan locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic