Madame X Tour | New York City

cherry

1 minute ago, stefo said:

Going to the stage! Let's hope we're gonna have the certainty that the setlist is gonna be fluid and full of surprises along the way ( ... and let's hope I'm gonna have my Rain 2019 version sooner or later :wide-eyes:)

She's looking so gorgeous! I hope you get Rain too and I get I'll Remember finally. But I'll take Nothing Really Matters too! ??

I just finished to listen to the last night concert and, I have to say, it's much better than I thought, just reading the setlist.

The parts I found weaker are the final three tracks, from that shallow Crave mix, wich could have serenely been substituted by an old classic, leaving the original Crave version intact, to I Rise (even if I liked the "I will Rise" final choir singing), wich is not strong enough, musically and emotionally, to close a show like that, and I do think the first section is a little too cahotic at the moment. I would really cut a pair of her talkings and musical intrusions (what was the meaning of that Papa don't Preach intro, suddenly stopped?), adding one more good track and making the whole thing flow a little better, an improvement that I think could happen during the weeks.

The real lack, honestly, is the way the 80% of the tracks seem not taking adequate advantage by the wonderful musicians, voices and instruments she's got with her this time. Now, the sound, even with a lq recording (thanx again, by the way!!), is clearly different and incredibly more satisfying than all her last tours, at the same time I think she really could have played much more with what she had, just in terms of rearrangments, virtuosities, improvisations, giving new soul to the original scores, not necessarily in terms of reinventions and genre transformations.

The good sides now, the major part of it, fortunately: her voice, perfect, delicate and expressive, the whole more relaxed and intimate mood (I loved it), the braveness and courage of the whole experiment (I still owe her my respect: THIS IS DEFINITELY SOMETHING NEW AND DIFFERENT!) and some deeply exciting highlights. Mine are the jazzy version of Human Nature, almost the whole second block, with the exception of Medellin, wich just missed one old classic imo, and all the prefinale part - Frozen, Come Alive and the good stripped down version of Future (where I would have tried to incorporate the trumpet sound though).

So, this is my first reaction, lq rec and neither one pic to imagine theatrics and looks: there's stuff to improve, but "BRAVA BRAVA BRAVA"!

16 minutes ago, stefo said:

I just finished to listen to the last night concert and, I have to say, it's much better than I thought, just reading the setlist.

The parts I found weaker are the final three tracks, from that shallow Crave mix, wich could have serenely been substituted by an old classic, leaving the original Crave version intact, to I Rise (even if I liked the "I will Rise" final choir singing), wich is not strong enough, musically and emotionally, to close a show like that, and I do think the first section is a little too cahotic at the moment. I would really cut a pair of her talkings and musical intrusions (what was the meaning of that Papa don't Preach intro, suddenly stopped?), adding one more good track and making the whole thing flow a little better, an improvement that I think could happen during the weeks.

The real lack, honestly, is the way the 80% of the tracks seem not taking adequate advantage by the wonderful musicians, voices and instruments she's got with her this time. Now, the sound, even with a lq recording (thanx again, by the way!!), is clearly different and incredibly more satisfying than all her last tours, at the same time I think she really could have played much more with what she had, just in terms of rearrangments, virtuosities, improvisations, giving new soul to the original scores, not necessarily in terms of reinventions and mood transformations.

The good sides now, the major part of it, fortunately: her voice, perfect, delicate and expressive, the whole more relaxed and intimate mood (I loved it), the braveness and courage of the whole experiment (I still owe her my respect: THIS IS DEFINITELY SOMETHING NEW AND DIFFERENT!) and some deeply exciting highlights. Mine are the jazzy version of Human Nature, almost the whole second block - with the exception of Medellin - wich is the longest and, still, I would have liked it to go on (just missed one old classic), and all the prefinale - Frozen, Come Alive and the good stripped down version of Future (where I would have tried to incorporate the trumpet sound though).

So, this is my first reaction, lq rec and neither one pic to imagine theatrics and looks: there's stuff to improve, but "BRAVA BRAVA BRAVA"!

I’m with you for Future

she can add the trumpet 

2 hours ago, Zaktkoons said:

i was already thinking about it, but thanks to the amazing setlist last night, I decided to spend $400 and buy another ticket to the show on November 13, in LA. It's in the loge, but seems like a fairly good spot. Plus didn't people say she went up there during I Rise?

Congrats! Can't wait for your reviews! 

• Fighter locked this topic
  • Fighter unfeatured this topic
  • Fighter unlocked this topic
  • Fighter featured this topic
  • madgefan locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic