Madame X Tour | New York City

cherry

The design of the tourbook for the #madamextour is in charge of Anya Lange, with whom #Madonna has already worked earlier (image of the right)

Interior photographs belong to Ricardo Gomes and Steven Klein.

Visit the designer page for more details: https://www.anyalangedesign.com

We credit the information to Ivan Lopez.

http://news.madonnatribe.com/en/2019/nyc-show-two/

NYC – Show #Two

BY MADONNATRIBE · SEPTEMBER 19, 2019

Madonna took the stage of the  BAM Howard Gilman Opera House for the second show of her Madame X Tour last night.
The show started at around the same time of the opening night, although this time fans were warned by a Ticketmaster mailout that it would not begin before 10 PM.

No changes in the setlist to be reported, and this time it was Andy Cohen to buy the Polaroid selfie from Madonna – a skit that it’s taking the shape of what the Unapologetic Bitch moment was during the Rebel Heart Tour.

Last night’s show was a Citi Sound Vault Event, so fans who pay attention to details may have enjoyed the slight changes in the decoration of the non-performance spaces of the area, including big customized billboards and a unique backdrop for selfies in the VIP area.

The audience was a lot more relaxed tonight but this also means that many were not standing during the most of the slower songs.
The venue security is learning to deal with some fans repeatedly trying to push to the front row and we encourage everyone to stay in their allocated seat and remind others to do the same for the best possible experience.

Madonna will be on stage again tonight – 19 September – for the third concert of the tour. This also marks the first time in a while she plays three dates in a row – something that was uncommon on her past tours but will happen frequently this year.

Tonight’s show will also be the one where the press is invited – so expect more reports and hopefully more images and some professional footage coming up tomorrow morning.

1 hour ago, groovyguy said:

The design of the tourbook for the #madamextour is in charge of Anya Lange, with whom #Madonna has already worked earlier (image of the right)

Wow breathtaking!!

Is it for sale on her website, like the RHT tourbook?

http://news.madonnatribe.com/en/2019/nyc-show-two/

NYC – Show #Two

BY MADONNATRIBE · SEPTEMBER 19, 2019

Madonna took the stage of the  BAM Howard Gilman Opera House for the second show of her Madame X Tour last night.
The show started at around the same time of the opening night, although this time fans were warned by a Ticketmaster mailout that it would not begin before 10 PM.

No changes in the setlist to be reported, and this time it was Andy Cohen to buy the Polaroid selfie from Madonna – a skit that it’s taking the shape of what the Unapologetic Bitch moment was during the Rebel Heart Tour.

Last night’s show was a Citi Sound Vault Event, so fans who pay attention to details may have enjoyed the slight changes in the decoration of the non-performance spaces of the area, including big customized billboards and a unique backdrop for selfies in the VIP area.

The audience was a lot more relaxed tonight but this also means that many were not standing during the most of the slower songs.
The venue security is learning to deal with some fans repeatedly trying to push to the front row and we encourage everyone to stay in their allocated seat and remind others to do the same for the best possible experience.

Madonna will be on stage again tonight – 19 September – for the third concert of the tour. This also marks the first time in a while she plays three dates in a row – something that was uncommon on her past tours but will happen frequently this year.

Tonight’s show will also be the one where the press is invited – so expect more reports and hopefully more images and some professional footage coming up tomorrow morning.

Yay Bring on the press images, possible video spots and more reviews. Thanks Groovy for all the goodies. Xx

16 minutes ago, Matty said:

It's boring in Madonnaland at the moment considering she is on tour it's like there is nothing going on, usually it's buzzing when there's a tour happening

@MattyProbably because there’s a lack of what we can discuss. All we know is the setlist

We haven’t seen videos, photos of the set, costumes, the atmosphere, etc.

1 hour ago, Zaktkoons said:

The only one that sounded like playback to me was Vogue, and maybe a few pieces here and there. Then again though, it could just be heavy backing tracks

We only have one recording, but believe me, it's basically prerecorded. It sounds like live, because there are some new vocals, but she just sings tiny bits... When she sings live you can hear her breathe more evidently, and she tends to go out of tune, see Eurovision. For instance, Dark ballet was live, part of Crazy, LAP with the solo, the verse and the end of I rise, and of course the fado songs and the acappella. But I need to listen again.

It's sad that with such great musicians and vocalists and even a full choir she decided to rely so heavily on backing tracks. Come alive could have been much more powerful!! She's been teasing us for months on IG with live musical snippets - the strings, the trumpet, the percussions, the grand piano - and then we rarely get them on stage. 

I keep asking myself what is the reason. This time I thought it would be different. Money? Laziness? Possible sound problems? Scarce interest in music (like her fan didn't notice?)? Insecurity? This is really  her Achilles' heel... And she's been spending two years listening and praising those great musicians...

10 minutes ago, Enrico said:

We only have one recording, but believe me, it's basically prerecorded. It sounds like live, because there are some new vocals, but she just sings tiny bits... When she sings live you can hear her breathe more evidently, and she tends to go out of tune, see Eurovision. Dark ballet was live, part of Crazy, the LAP solo, the end of I rise, and of course the fado songs and the acappella. But I need to listen again.

It's sad that with such great musicians and vocalists and even a full choir she decided to rely so heavily on backing tracks. Come alive could have been much more powerful!! She's been teasing us for months on IG with live musical snippets - the strings, the trumpet, the percussions, the grand piano - and then we rarely get them on stage. 

I keep asking myself what is the reason. This time I thought it would be different. Money? Laziness? Possible sound problems? Scarce interest in music (like her fan didn't notice?)? Insecurity? This is really  her Achilles' heel... And she's been spending two years listening and praising those great musicians...

I totally agree?

(unfortunately...) 

• Fighter locked this topic
  • Fighter unfeatured this topic
  • Fighter unlocked this topic
  • Fighter featured this topic
  • madgefan locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic