Madame X Tour | New York City

cherry

She wants it to sound good. Backing track is probably, in her mind, the best way for it to sound good. She’s no spring chicken. Age has a huge part to play in it, especially when you aren’t a top notch vocalist. On top of that, dancing. So I imagine it must become increasingly difficult to perform “live” for her. I don’t know her vocal regime over the years but truthfully I don’t think it’s taken front row seat in her busy life. Now that isn’t to say she doesn’t sing well. She’s had fabulous beautiful moments on stage singing live. 

Basically I am not complaining about the singing, I understand all the reasons for having backing tracks - dancing, musicality, age. I wonder why we have to hear the album instrumental versions with the same sounds while she could use a backing track with just a simple base (a timeline) and then add REAL instrumentation (like we hear in Human Nature, for instance). Is it hard to play Extreme Occident or Killers for real? The backup singers are great so why do I have to hear the album backup vocals? They could sustain her totally, like Niki & Donna did for almost 15 years. Why do I have to hear Quavo in the background? It gives me the impression of "fake".

6 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Basically I am not complaing about the singing, I understand all the reasons for having backing tracks - dancing, musicality, age. I wonder why we have to hear the album instrumental versions with the same sounds while she could use a backing track with just a simple base (a timeline) and then add REAL instrumentation (like we hear in Human Nature, for instance). Is it hard to play Extreme Occident or Killers for real? The backup singers are great so why do I have to hear the album backup vocals? They could sustain her totally, like Niki & Donna did for almost 15 years. Why do I have to hear Quavo in the background? It gives me the impression of "fake".

To be fair, large part of Niki and Donnas backing vocals were backing tracks, like EY, CAC, HP etc..

6 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

To be fair, large part of Niki and Donnas backing vocals were backing tracks, like EY, CAC, HP etc..

That's true, too! :drama:

Because those songs were just supposed to sound live but were not. (Actually I thought CAC was live).

All my musical theatre friends say no one could ever do that extreme EY choreo and sing solo at the same time! But I am ready to accept that, because the number is difficult and the result impeccable!

But of course don't get me wrong. Although I don't understand her musical choices (and Kevin Antunes direction), I've always had a great time at every M show and can't wait to see her 4 times in the same week from front rows  :hearteyes:

6 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Basically I am not complaing about the singing, I understand all the reasons for having backing tracks - dancing, musicality, age. I wonder why we have to hear the album instrumental versions with the same sounds while she could use a backing track with just a simple base (a timeline) and then add REAL instrumentation (like we hear in Human Nature, for instance). Is it hard to play Extreme Occident or Killers for real? The backup singers are great so why do I have to hear the album backup vocals? They could sustain her totally, like Niki & Donna did for almost 15 years. Why do I have to hear Quavo in the background? It gives me the impression of "fake".

The only thing I would say is... It's not meant to be experienced through an audio recording through a Yonder Case. When you see the show the absolute LAST thing you will care about is the backup singers. ??

The show is so artistic. And like the post above, similar to the girlie show where the stage is super simple but somehow a world is created for each individual song. 

Some of the best moments are for songs you would think are boring or slow. Killers, Extreme Occident.  

I can't stress how good the show is. Listen to how many times I scream "Holy Shit". That's everytime something comes out of nowhere. 

It's really next level. 

In crazy when she sings "I bend my knees for you like a prayer" and then stops... Shes dancing with her BF and basically telling you that he's the one. I can't remember exactly what she did, but it was obvious. 

Also... Her age isn't something you think about at ALL during this show. It's non stop dancing and singing. She shows NO signs of being a human being. 

Coffin Interlude - continues the Americana theme and a bunch of guys carry a coffin draped in a US flag with some video visuals. It's somber.

Re: singing live - she is TOTALLY singing live, with autotune. Like the RHT. You can see it in her energy. Autotune is NOT vocoder (of which some tracks use the later), it's correcting her pitch to the right notes. For something like Human Nature, it's the best she's vocally sounded. She is definitely singing live as there are clicks/imperfections in the autotune when she's missing the note.

You can't hear all this through a Yondr but it's VERY evident with the mic levels and when she finishes a song and talks, the level remains the same (compare that to Britney who has to bring the headset mic closer to her mouth in song breaks to be heard). In Like A Prayer, on the last 'feels like home' note, Madonna was actually surprised we all sang 'home'...and then she held off and did hers.

"I can't stress how good the show is. Listen to how many times I scream "Holy Shit". That's everytime something comes out of nowhere. 

It's really next level. "

Totally agree. Until you've seen this show in the theatre, please don't judge it. It's EPIC. If she messed up and it all didn't quite work, I would definitely state that here if I believed that. She nails it. The best versions of Human Nature, Frozen and LAP that you'll ever hear.

22 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

I saw a thing on Twitter that Andy Cohen was on the Hoda Kotb morning show and shared his Polaroid from last night. Anyone catch it?

So, the 1316527168_ScreenShot2019-09-19at11_09_45AM.thumb.png.d3d5a775d85e03626a26a1f44f709dae.pngpolaroid is identical to the one Rosie got on night 1??? Meaning it wasn't actually taken during the show! That's sooooo lame!

1 hour ago, RUADJAI said:

In crazy when she sings "I bend my knees for you like a prayer" and then stops...

Crazy is my favorite track on the album and it was sensational live. I forgot she stopped the track after that lyric. I was screaming so loud at that point...such a good song!

Thanks for your other comments. I really agree. 

As much as I like live drums, I think Madonna used recorded instrumentation due to the stage size (one reason) and to shift the focus to the set/dancing/other instruments (and her). I don't think this was a bad decision, having seen the show. The bass / sound is brilliant. I'll never look at a typewriter the same way again ;)

Edited by seanp78 (see edit history)

It's re-assuring, yet disappointing to know there is a version of Future without Quavo and an actual Madonna verse in place of his rap.

Im wondering if she wanted a feature from QUAVO or the label did. I hate Quavo on this track and so it is great to hear a Madonna-only version of it.

I have a feeling she is being pushed into having these artists feature on her tracks.  

This live version of Future is superior and really wish would be released.

And having proper instrumental intros to Dark Ballet and God Control is great and I never understarnd why Mirwais cuts them from the album mixes (i.e I Deserve It).

Do we hear a Madama X remix album?

And this week would be a great week to release the maxi for Crave.

2 hours ago, Enrico said:

That's true, too! :drama:

Because those songs were just supposed to sound live but were not. (Actually I thought CAC was live).

All my musical theatre friends say no one could ever do that extreme EY choreo and sing solo at the same time! But I am ready to accept that, because the number is difficult and the result impeccable!

But of course don't get me wrong. Although I don't understand her musical choices (and Kevin Antunes direction), I've always had a great time at every M show and can't wait to see her 4 times in the same week from front rows  :hearteyes:

FOUR times?
I'm feeling a little bit of envy right NOW. But just barely a "LITTLE" bit... ?

I can't even imagine how much you spent ...

At this point, rather than a VIP pack, you would have full right to have an after show dinner with Madonna and also:

- Breakfast

- Lunch

- Dinner

- Accommodation

- Wash & Ironing of your dirty clothes by Madonna herself 

for the full week!!! ?

Anyway, coming back serious, the live performance of EY that Madonna held at Disneyland Studios really pleased me. Of course, the voice was certainly a bit tired due to the coreography, but hearing Madonna singing live during this rehearsal gave me more intense emotions than a "perfect" performance sang using playback. 

Am I the only one that prefer this performance? 

1 hour ago, Derby said:

It's re-assuring, yet disappointing to know there is a version of Future without Quavo and an actual Madonna verse in place of his rap.

I did it already but I'm asking that again: can someone be so kind to post a transcription of the new lyrics??

9 minutes ago, Rupert76 said:

FOUR times?
I'm feeling a little bit of envy right NOW. But just barely a "LITTLE" bit... ?

I can't even imagine how much you spent ...

TBH, I feel really tortured if it's better to see it once from front row with a Medellin ticket which includes backstage visit, or more than once, to enjoy details. I chose the second option. Lost the opportunity to pay for a selfie or to be interviewed by the Queen herself. I don't know. But I would really love to know how the backstage visit works! If I made a mistake. Does anyone have any info??

Me and Live Nation:

money asks GIF

• Fighter locked this topic
  • Fighter unfeatured this topic
  • Fighter unlocked this topic
  • Fighter featured this topic
  • madgefan locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic