Madame X Tour | New York City

cherry

4 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

I'm not attending that tour and i like the "No camera" rule. I'm 37 yo so i've been growing up in a time where you had to wait to buy the VHS tape of a show to discover it, exept a few shots press in the magazines (M herself has already shared two pics from the show on her Instagram account) so yes, it brings me back to a time where things had more charm and appeal and if the world would go back to that time where mobiles where just able to make a call and a text msg and nothing more i would be more than happy. I like technology but within reason and not when it kills some reality charm. I've always complained about people watching a show througb their phones or camera's lensed instead of their real eyes and get memories they'll keep until their last breath, so yeah, i cpuldn't be happier with her decision !

I'm older than you and I remember when photos from BAT was released in the paper and the mags in the first week. Total thirst trap. 

Yet WTG, BAT, GS, DWT all were broadcasted by TV stations who battled for the rights of them around the world. It wasn't like a total media black out. 

No cameras yeah, yet no official approved images or a short clip of sections in the media either? That wasn't what it was like in the past. 

Edited by Ashley (see edit history)

Just now, Ashley Nichols said:

I'm older than you and I remember when photos from BAT was released in the paper and the mags in the first week. Total thirst trap. 

Yet WTG, BAT, GS, DWT all were broadcasted around the world. It wasn't like a total media black out. 

No cameras yeah, yet no official approved images or a short clip of sections in the media either? That wasn't what it was like in the past. 

But the tour has just started for three days ! It will last until next year ! People are way too impatient ! Another consequence of the internet days ! Of course we will get some pics or small videos in the coming days/week.

12 minutes ago, Ashley Nichols said:

Madonna has been accused over the last decade of cultural appropriation. I think the diverse artists she collaborates with appreciate their work and artistry reaching a very wide global audience, yet does she do them and their music any real service?

But this album clearly has nothing to do with that. The different influences and collaborations are well incorporated into her world and sound, and it has a point. It seems it translates really well into the show as well. 

31 minutes ago, Angelo said:

@Fighterplease can you add more reactions??? 

which ones?

10 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

Those are used for projections yes. I think the wall on the upper stairs is permanent. The lower stairs are used in other parts without the upper part. So the curtain is used to fill in the wall I suppose.  In fact theres like 6 lower stairs fragments at one point in Extreme Occident where musicians and Madonna are all floating around on them all over the stage. 

At the moment I dont remember any "Madonna" footage. But my memory is foggy. Pictures like this wake up certain parts of my brain. Obviously Lola footage was new. If I think of any more Ill let you know. 

having seen the show - do you think that the album was recorded with a theatre show in mind ..do you think the madame x come to life more with a performance is what i mean ?

11 minutes ago, Fighter said:

But this album clearly has nothing to do with that. The different influences and collaborations are well incorporated into her world and sound, and it has a point. It seems it translates really well into the show as well. 

Long time fans of her work knows where she is coming from, yet the world has changed from when ROL came out and can you imagine the out roar and controversy if she released Shanti / Ashtangi today, especially when there were incorrect Sanskrit pronunciations. I think with MX, she's done some brave things musically yet has entered into a grey area if put in perspective of modern attitudes around race and culture. 

13 minutes ago, Ashley Nichols said:

Long time fans of her work knows where she is coming from, yet the world has changed from when ROL came out and can you imagine the out roar and controversy if she released Shanti / Ashtangi today, especially when there were incorrect Sanskrit pronunciations. I think with MX, she's done some brave things musically yet has entered into a grey area if put in perspective of modern attitudes around race and culture. 

Only people who don't know what cultural appropriation is would say Madame X has anything to do with that, let's not feed into that kind of ignorance, or worse acknowledge people who themselves appropriate valid concerns to attack her due to a personal dislike or "your fave is problematic" kind of BS. ROL was the 90s, and it is easy to judge things in hindsight from a modern perspective.

4 hours ago, Angelo said:

News about the setlist?? Express Yourself (acapella) and Papa don’t preach (string version after EY) still present?? Or it was just for the opening night??

they were there on night two still.  think it's part of the show, for at least a while.  I can see the show evolving a bit over 80-something dates. 

5 hours ago, stefo said:

Ok sad news guys: apparently last night, if there was press in the audience, they were not allowed to take pictures. A guy from another forum who went to see the show did not see any photographer ... I'm starting to think she is gonna try to keep it all sealed for a very long time.

Oh I was so hoping to wake to loads of pics. ? I'm not understanding why she's doing this?

In my honest opinion it is her worst and I don't have to attend to judge it. The setlist and the production of the tour renditions along with the whole concept/set-up of the show are enough to objectively judge it.

I am a long-time Madonna fan and I have expectations, especially if people pay exorbitant prices to see her.  It's my right to criticize her and be entitled. A forum is a place where people exchange thoughts, opinions and reviews. Not everyone will agree with everything and not everyone will like everything she does. It's a fact that her tours have been declining in terms of production value and her setlist or song choices have been very predictable for the last three tours. Coincidentally, her tours have been rather disappointing ever since Kevin Antunes was chosen as musical director.

The tour seems very last minute, improvised, unfinished and a lot of the performances are way too short. 1 hour and 30 minutes of music for an artist with such a big and diverse catalogue and she does the same songs she's been doing for the past three tours. Even similar renditions...there is just absolutely nothing exciting, inventive or interesting about this show. There were some interesting choices on the preliminary setlist but they have all been cut in favour of her "wannabe standup jokes" and cover songs. It's not worth the money she's charging.

Seriously, the only people who are actually able to attend are rich people and older folks who would like anything she's been serving. The Madonna fanbase has ALWAYS been extremely shitty towards people who are critical about her choices. :Madonna049:It's exactly the reason why this forum went offline so many times. Just accept that not everyone will like the tour and stop quoting me if you don't agree with me. Feel free to react to my post or put me on your ignore list if you don't like what I have to say.

I'm not sorry, it's human nature. :Madonna042:

1 hour ago, TonyMontana said:

But the tour has just started for three days ! It will last until next year ! People are way too impatient ! Another consequence of the internet days ! Of course we will get some pics or small videos in the coming days/week.

So true. Thanks for the reminder. We just need to be patient. 

4 minutes ago, Bitch I’m Madonna said:

In my honest opinion it is her worst and I don't have to attend to judge it. The setlist and the production of the tour renditions along with the whole concept/set-up of the show are enough to objectively judge it.

I am a long-time Madonna fan and I have expectations, especially if people pay exorbitant prices to see her.  It's my right to criticize her and be entitled. A forum is a place where people exchange thoughts, opinions and reviews. Not everyone will agree with everything and not everyone will like everything she does. It's a fact that her tours have been declining in terms of production value and her setlist or song choices have been very predictable for the last three tours. Coincidentally, her tours have been rather disappointing ever since Kevin Antunes was chosen as musical director.

The tour seems very last minute, improvised, unfinished and a lot of the performances are way too short. 1 hour and 30 minutes of music for an artist with such a big and diverse catalogue and she does the same songs she's been doing for the past three tours. Even similar renditions...there is just absolutely nothing exciting, inventive or interesting about this show. There were some interesting choices on the preliminary setlist but they have all been cut in favour of her "wannabe standup jokes" and cover songs. It's not worth the money she's charging.

Lol ..she told one joke ...im really excited to see it even more now i have heard it 

4 minutes ago, Bitch I’m Madonna said:

Have you seen the tour yet to judge it the worst? I wouldn't judge like that if you haven't even seen it. ?

It's absolutely hilarious to see people go on these long rants about how much they hate the show and describe  how bad it is in all ways when not only they never attended it, which can be excusable, but they don't even have one single video clip or a photo to judge by, nothing, nada. They are pissed that she's not doing their Borderline or Causing a Commotion so they decide right then and there that it's the worst show ever:lol::lol:

Just now, digitalfreaknyc said:

You don't need to attend the show. If you see the setlist and those aren't songs you like, you won't enjoy it. Don't be dense

well if you dont like madame x album you will prob not like this tour she did say it would be 80 percent madame x she is not a nostalgic artist ..not yet anyway ...she is creative and like her music she is trying to reinvent her shows and im proud of her 

• Fighter locked this topic
  • Fighter unfeatured this topic
  • Fighter unlocked this topic
  • Fighter featured this topic
  • madgefan locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic