Madame X Tour | New York City

cherry

I'll wait to see good quality footage of the show before saying anything.

Last night I played that fan's recording, not sure how I felt about it..thing is Madonna's shows are meant to be savoured as a whole, using all senses. It's the full experience. I love her idea of not allowing mobiles in the theatre, I find it genious that she treats herself as a theatre act..yet again a transformation frol the lady herself!

But yes - someone please buy button cameras and bloody share it all...our purchased tickets didn't come cheap ffs!

4 minutes ago, IconicQueen said:

It's absolutely hilarious to see people go on these long rants about how much they hate the show and describe  how bad it is in all ways when not only they never attended it, which can be excusable, but they don't even have one single video clip or a photo to judge by, nothing, nada. They are pissed that she's not doing their Borderline or Causing a Commotion so they decide right then and there that it's the worst show ever:lol::lol:

i think it comes down to one thing - they are not willing to pay her ticket prices and they are angry at her for it also its not a greatest hits show ..

Edited by mark perry (see edit history)

2 minutes ago, mark perry said:

well if you dont like madame x album you will prob not like this tour she did say it would be 80 percent madame x she is not a nostalgic artist ..not yet anyway ...she is creative and like her music she is trying to reinvent her shows and im proud of her 

Agreed. 

And so long as she has fans/lemmings who will pay $1500 to hear her sing her new album, she'll always be able to tour. 

1 minute ago, mark perry said:

i think it comes down to one thing - they are not willing to pay her ticket prices and they are angry at her for it also its not a greatest hits show ..

Are you really making fun of people for not being able to afford a show? Is that really what this is coming to? 

5 minutes ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

Agreed. 

And so long as she has fans/lemmings who will pay $1500 to hear her sing her new album, she'll always be able to tour. 

i would not pay 1500 to see her not a chance in hell ..i paid £400 for row 8 floor tickets and yeah i was worried if i paid too much but to hear that she walks through the crowd at the end is the icing on the cake for me and i do not regret it now ...closest i will ever get to her and i love the madame x album so im sure i will enjoy the show but hopefully the setlist expands a little ..a nice ballad thrown in would be great ...live to tell or crazy for you or falling free 

3 minutes ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

Are you really making fun of people for not being able to afford a show? Is that really what this is coming to? 

No i just think some fans are angry at her ticket prices and theyre wanting to hate on this tour due to this not just that but at her not touring certain countries etc etc ..i can get that some are pissed off but dont diminish the tour due to this 

I'd rather have her stay on the stage and sing instead of talking about unfunny stuff and walk through the crowd. Sorry, but I don't have to pay a few grands to have the possibility to touch her pinky finger.

I wanna see a performer deliver a show that is DIFFERENT from her previous ones in terms of song choices and song arrangements. It's the reason why I liked her in the first place. I wouldn't want to pay a lot of money for a stand-up comedian who sings cover versions and cheap karaoke versions of her own songs.

That said, her voice isn't good enough anymore to afford a price like that and to not even be able to take pictures or videos is the ACTUAL icing on the cake. 

1 minute ago, Bitch I’m Madonna said:

I'd rather have her stay on the stage and sing instead of talking about unfunny stuff and walk through the crowd. Sorry, but I don't have to pay a few grands to have the possibility to touch her pinky finger.

I wanna see a performer deliver a show that is DIFFERENT from her previous ones in terms of song choices and song arrangements. It's the reason why I liked her in the first place. I wouldn't want to pay a lot of money for a stand-up comedian who sings cover versions and cheap karaoke versions of her own songs.

That said, her voice isn't good enough anymore to afford a price like that and to not even be able to take pictures or videos is the ACTUAL icing on the cake. 

i think she sounds fine on the recording ..i was worried after eurovision i admit but i think she sounds fine even on the songs that do not use a backing track - why are people inflating the ticket prices not all of them are like 1000 

2 minutes ago, mark perry said:

No i just think some fans are angry at her ticket prices and theyre wanting to hate on this tour due to this not just that but at her not touring certain countries etc etc ..i can get that some are pissed off but dont diminish the tour due to this 

It's not only because of that.

Human Nature
Like a Prayer
Vogue
American Life
Papa Don't Preach (an 80 seconds version)
Frozen

These are the only pre-Madame X songs she's doing and she has done all of these in the past 11 years NUMEROUS times. Of course there will be a large part of the current album but to lure people into buying tickets for this tour with rehearsal clips of Easy Ride, X-Static Process & Rescue Me and to then go on and not actually perform them is the worst form of betrayal.

Human Nature is definitely the best tour rendition of the song but was it really necessary to perform it again when basically the entire Bedtime Stories album and a good portion of Like a Prayer, Ray of Light and Erotica remain unperformed? Why is it the only 90s song she's willing to dig out aside from Vogue which has also gotten a really bad tour rendition. Why is she doing improvised songs, cover versions over her own damn catalogue with so many songs WAITING to be performed. She's 60+...we won't have her long enough and it's a shame she won't get to sing most of her music on tour before she dies.

I agree, the visuals add to the show but we have seen some of it and how much can she actually do with a staircase and a projector? :Madonna049:

4 minutes ago, Bitch I’m Madonna said:

oh please her voice was not great on her early tours like whos that girl and blonde ambition tour - i am willing to pay 400 to get as close as i can to my favourite singer in a intimate setting like a theatre

It's not only because of that.

Human Nature
Like a Prayer
Vogue
American Life
Papa Don't Preach (an 80 seconds version)
Frozen

These are the only pre-Madame X songs she's doing and she has done all of these in the past 11 years NUMEROUS times. Of course there will be a large part of the current album but to lure people into buying tickets for this tour with rehearsal clips of Easy Ride, X-Static Process & Rescue Me and to then go on and not actually perform them is the worst form of betrayal.

Human Nature is definitely the best tour rendition of the song but was it really necessary to perform it again when basically the entire Bedtime Stories album and a good portion of Like a Prayer, Ray of Light and Erotica remain unperformed? Why is it the only 90s song she's willing to dig out aside from Vogue which has also gotten a really bad tour rendition. Why is she doing improvised songs, cover versions over her own damn catalogue with so many songs WAITING to be performed. She's 60+...we won't have her long enough and it's a shame she won't get to sing most of her music on tour before she dies.

I agree, the visuals add to the show but we have seen some of it and how much can she actually do with a staircase and a projector? :Madonna049:

its not a greatest hits tour ! she could indeed perform these songs you say at a later date .

Just now, mark perry said:

oh please her voice was not great on her early tours like whos that girl and blonde ambition tour - i am willing to pay 400 to get as close as i can to my favourite singer in a intimate setting like a theatre

Then you are a person that is easily pleased and don't care about the actual show. 

4 minutes ago, Bitch I’m Madonna said:

Stop lying, over 90% of this show is all music.

Just now, mark perry said:

its not a greatest hits tour ! 

Of course not! and I'm not asking for her greatest hits. I'm asking for a balance of old songs and new material along with some fan favourites and diversity from the previous three tours. It's not much to ask for her to fucking change it up a bit, okay?

Do we still talk about the Prince ticket? I payed 80 euro for her show in Paris. There are ticket for every kind of people. Stop complaing about that, only because you need to spot every pore of her face. If you want to see the show, every piace in theatre it’s good. 

About the setlist, it’s about her latest album, like she always do. If you didn’t like Madame X it’s your problem, not her. 

You simply don’t have enough stuff for talk like that, only a crap audio, but that didn’t stop you to act like a fool.

Just now, ron92 said:

Do we still talk about the Prince ticket? I payed 80 euro for her show in Paris. There are ticket for every kind of people. Stop complaing about that, only because you need to spot every pore of her face. If you want to see the show, every piace in theatre it’s good. 

About the setlist, it’s about her latest album, like she always do. If you didn’t like Madame X it’s your problem, not her. 

You simply don’t have enough stuff for talk like that, only a crap audio, but that didn’t stop you to act like a fool.

her show is not a conventional rock show but a theatrical performance of her madame x album 

1 minute ago, mark perry said:

its not a greatest hits tour ! 

It never is. 

However, this is pushed further into the "only new stuff" realm than she's ever done before.  And, considering this is her worst selling album ever, you can't be surprised at blow-back. 

The last time we had an album that performed awfully, we got the RIT.  I'd argue that was the best tour she's done in the last 20 years.   Take the best songs from your poorly performing album and mix it up with hits. 

4 minutes ago, ron92 said:

BULLSHIT!

Holiday
Burning Up
Like a Virgin
Material Girl
Dress You Up
La Isla Bonita
True Blue
Who's That Girl
Deeper and Deeper
Music
Candy Shop
= 11 oldies

Iconic
Bitch I'm Madonna
Holy Water
Devil Pray
Illuminati
Body Shop
Rebel Heart
Living for Love
Unapologetic Bitch
HeartBreakCity
S.E.X.
= 11 new album songs

BULLSHIT!

Holiday
Burning Up
Like a Virgin
Material Girl
Dress You Up
La Isla Bonita
True Blue
Who's That Girl
Deeper and Deeper
Music
Candy Shop
= 11 oldies

Iconic
Bitch I'm Madonna
Devil Pray
Holy Water

One exeption. Two if we count RIT. And probably because she already done in her next tour most of her hits, she decided not do that this time. Okay, i also Wanted something that she never sing before, but i don’t freaking out for that. 

• Fighter locked this topic
  • Fighter unfeatured this topic
  • Fighter unlocked this topic
  • Fighter featured this topic
  • madgefan locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic