Madame X Tour | New York City

cherry

3 hours ago, Bitch I’m Madonna said:

Seriously, the only people who are actually able to attend are rich people and older folks who would like anything she's been serving. The Madonna fanbase has ALWAYS been extremely shitty towards people who are critical about her choices. :Madonna049:It's exactly the reason why this forum went offline so many times. Just accept that not everyone will like the tour and stop quoting me if you don't agree with me. Feel free to react to my post or put me on your ignore list if you don't like what I have to say.

I'm not sorry, it's human nature. :Madonna042:

I'm all for criticism, I've been vocal about any artist's career that I follow. Madonna or otherwise. That's passion. But your post is an example of a knee-jerk decision inspired by brief clips, murky recordings, and hearsay.   

You may not like the tour but good god, you haven't seen it. 

14 minutes ago, mark perry said:

the negatives etc etc ...loads of them in your review ...ill take your review with a pinch of salt and listen to the critics instead ...you do realise she is 61 she is hardly going to be breakdancing is she ...lol its just littered with BAD this and Bad that and awkward this terrible that  and is really extremely negative - wonder if she wasnt late on stage you would have been a bit more kind and i take it you was not a fan of madame x ? 

cant believe people left ...i mean urgggg thats shitty ..

A lot of people got up and left the concert at this point lol.?????

really ? 

Yeah. A lot of people in my area have left during American Life. I guess they got top notch tickets for free and they thought they’re gonna see a 60yo lady playing the harp lol. I felt bad for all the real fans who can’t afford to be there while these idiots wasted these prime tickets.

As for my review, it’s my experience and my opinions. And it’s supposed to be taken with a grain of salt. 

Yes Madonna is 61 and I don’t care if she dances or not but I do wanna see her evolve and be the true innovator and artist that she is. If she can’t Vogue she should just leave it out of the show instead of doing a subpar rendition.

Honestly my favorite parts of the show were the slower more stripped down ones. I feel like that’s when to show was the most creative and she was at her best.

But this is only the 3rd night. I’m hoping it will evolve and grow.

Just now, mark perry said:

she really need to kick this habbit of being late on stage i agree with the reviewer here who said he would have enjoyed it more if she wasnt so late ...people get tired ..she should be aware of this it can ruin the atmosphere too 

It shows a lack if respect to the audience. Respect your audience, especially when they’ve paid a fortune to be there

1 minute ago, thegoldencalf said:

Yeah. A lot of people in my area have left during American Life. I guess they got top notch tickets for free and they thought they’re gonna see a 60yo lady playing the harp lol. I felt bad for all the real fans who can’t afford to be there while these idiots wasted these prime tickets.

As for my review, it’s my experience and my opinions. And it’s supposed to be taken with a grain of salt. 

Yes Madonna is 61 and I don’t care if she dances or not but I do wanna see her evolve and be the true innovator and artist that she is. If she can’t Vogue she should just leave it out of the show instead of doing a subpar rendition.

Honestly my favorite parts of the show were the slower more stripped down ones. I feel like that’s when to show was the most creative and she was at her best.

But this is only the 3rd night. I’m hoping it will evolve and grow.

she can still vogue she just chooses not too in this performance lol ...i think its because she does not like to repeat herself so this vogue performance is different from the rest but i agree i do wish she vogued more in the performance if its the same as gay pride nyc im not having a go at you and thanks for review and yes uggg at the dickheads leaving the show because of american life ...

6 minutes ago, BillyBongo said:

It shows a lack if respect to the audience. Respect your audience, especially when they’ve paid a fortune to be there

exactly ..its not just a hour ..its hours ..i was at a a concert where she was late and it did really put a negative feel in the arena ...guy oseary moans at her for it but i guess she does not listen to her own manager..shes a bloody night owl that is the issue i think she feels more artistic late at night etc etc because she doesn't sleep till 3 am or something , sleeps in till late etc etc lol ..its not even funny i love her to death but it really is not fair and she should be careful because it will put people off going to see her and pay hundreds to see her ..i just hope this switch to theatre wasnt inspired by her wanting to come on later lol ..seems theatres do not have curfew 

Edited by mark perry (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Bitch I’m Madonna said:

Truly the worst tour she has ever done. I'm shocked she was able to do something that is even worse than the Rebel Heart Tour. I'm shocked at the sheer mess that is the setlist. I wouldn't want to pay a shit ton of money to hear Madonna tell jokes and talk more than actually singing.

That Welcome to My Worst Tour thing and the cover songs are a total waste of time. Papa Don't Preach is even shorter than the MDNA Tour Version, Vogue & Human Nature are just beefed up album versions and there just barely any surprises in the setlist. It's trash from beginning to end. Where are Easy Ride, X-Static Process and Rescue Me?

This new tour is not like the previous ones. It is not worldwide, it is for FEW LUCKY, no LED screens
there are no RE INVENTED versions about their classics
expensive tickets and also wants you not to have a record of the show ...
I think this VIRGIN TOUR surpasses this last show.
pathetic and selfish, as a fan I feel a bit despondent

27 minutes ago, o_g_c_x said:

I cant wait to Lisbon. What I have seen looks amazing and a truly experience different to the other tours I attended.

What I've seen looks amazing too. I admire her for wanting to do a different kind of show and trying a more intimate setting. 

38 minutes ago, o_g_c_x said:

I cant wait to Lisbon. What I have seen looks amazing and a truly experience different to the other tours I attended.

I'm really hoping by the time this tour hits Lisbon she'll have everything sorted out and a new set list as well. Madonna owes Portugal, Portuguese people and their culture big time. 

Edited by Ashley (see edit history)

3 hours ago, LookingforJersey said:

They took my damn fitbit. Opening night was one of the greatest nights at the theater I've had in over a decade. Respectful, no bright screens blocking my view. People talking and connecting. Ugh, a flicker. 

People talk and connect regardless if there is technology or not. Remember music makes the people come together! 

It’s really Sad to read all those bad things by her fans, while the reviews are Very good. And most of us didn’t see the show. I think we all calm down and enjoy the fact that she is still here, perfect or not. I’m not saying that we have to like everything she does, simply not be so hard with her.

1 minute ago, ron92 said:

It’s really Sad to read all those bad things by her fans, while the reviews are Very good. And most of us didn’t see the show. I think we all calm down and enjoy the fact that she is still here, perfect or not. I’m not saying that we have to like everything she does, simply not be so hard with her.

Why? Simply because she's still alive?

7 hours ago, mark perry said:

having seen the show - do you think that the album was recorded with a theatre show in mind ..do you think the madame x come to life more with a performance is what i mean ?

I mean. It makes sense. She was probably inspired by the intimate moments in Portugal and wanted to try and recreate that. I wouldn't say the whole show revolves around Madame X, I would say Madame X is bended around the idea of doing an artsy Rock Concert/Broadway Show. Songs like Killers and Extreme Occident or even IDSIF are nothing like what I expected. Think about Nobody Knows Me from Reinvention Tour. The song was good, but the performance which doesn't necessarily mean anything but is very artistic and cool and takes the song to a new level. That's kinda like the whole Madame X show. 

8 minutes ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

Why? Simply because she's still alive?

Not.  Because she is still working. At 61 With a carrer like that, most of the artists decide to do the same stuff over and over.  Maybe she is not perfect like When she was 30, maybe her choises are less focused, but she is still working. We can criticize the things we don’t like, but Why be so mean with her?

• Fighter locked this topic
  • Fighter unlocked this topic
  • madgefan locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic