Madame X Tour | New York City

cherry

wow it really does seem her fans this era are her worst critics lol ...

why couldn't she play the piano ..she has one at home for mercy ...

why look for musical flaws and vocal flaws the negatives why not concentrate on the positives that is she is still alive and on stage performing unlike most of her peers ...

jesus christ give her a break ...but yes the lateness sucks ..

Edited by mark perry (see edit history)

37 minutes ago, Enrico said:

It's really difficult to express an opinion after the last 3-4 pages.

SETLIST: Although I feel a few oldies are missing in the setlist, especially in act 2, it's not us who can choose the songs. Also because what I want to hear is not what another fan wants to hear. I'd love to hear I'll remember or Gambler, for instance. I think we were all disappointed by the cutting of Rescue me. I also understand the show is not just for fans and the general audience wants to hear the big hits, as LAP and Vogue. If I went to a Spice girls concert I would like to hear Wannabe, or Wake me up if it was Green Day.

SHOW: I don't totally understand those who say "you need to see it" because we've been saying it's all about the music, so it's not an option to ask for more attention to the musical quality. From our recording I heard very cheap and lazy renditions. I don't know if M herself or Kevin Outoftune is to blame, but this time I expected to hear a different live sound, à la Girlie Show, and I agree with @Bitch I’m Madonnathat she has posted material from rehearsals that gave us the wrong impression (but remember Hold Tight?). I don't buy Madonna playing the piano during Future, when she can have Rickey Pageot performing miracles with it, if they only let him. Then of course when I see it I will be mesmerized and enchanted by her stage presence, as always, but this won't prevent me from noticing the evident musical and vocal flaws.

PHONES/TIME : I hate smartphones. Of course I need full coverage of the tour, but I hate people filming all the time. But once again she is so contradictory, cause she's always on the phone. It's an artistic choice but also a monetary choice. Madonna don't preach! But it'll be interesting for the new generation to experience a tour without knowing. Also, the phone is needed to kill time while waiting. The late start has no excuses. No jokes about it please! So selfish and unprofessional. People work in the morning. If she goes to sleep at 4 am, we don't. Next time she can do a midnight performance in a smaller club for 10000$ :lol:

I apologize, because I don't fully understand your grammar / English but I respect your opinion. Personally, I think it's a fantastic show. I was disappointed when I saw the setlist online but when I actually saw the show, I understood what she was going for, and the theatrical arc she presented. FROZEN, LAP are amazing. Best Ever. Future she plays the piano - and why shouldn't she? It allows her to focus on the vocals too.

People who complain about the 'late' start look silly, in my opinion. It's one night of the year. Have you never been to a club extra late? Can you survive on 4 hours of sleep one night a year? I had to fly on a plane at 8am the next day for work, and I had no issues with her start time. For those who can't handle it, have an afternoon nap before the show and turn up at 9.30pm, and then perhaps you'll be ok? #precious

14 minutes ago, seanp78 said:

I apologize, because I don't fully understand your grammar / English but I respect your opinion. Personally, I think it's a fantastic show. I was disappointed when I saw the setlist online but when I actually saw the show, I understood what she was going for, and the theatrical arc she presented. FROZEN, LAP are amazing. Best Ever. Future she plays the piano - and why shouldn't she? It allows her to focus on the vocals too.

People who complain about the 'late' start look silly, in my opinion. It's one night of the year. Have you never been to a club extra late? Can you survive on 4 hours of sleep one night a year? I had to fly on a plane at 8am the next day for work, and I had no issues with her start time. For those who can't handle it, have an afternoon nap before the show and turn up at 9.30pm, and then perhaps you'll be ok? #precious

That’s not really the point though is it? She just seems to have this attitude of “your lives WILL revolve around my schedule and fuck you if you don’t like it.”  What about staff that work at the theatre that have to stay late because she can’t be arsed going on stage on time?  She seems to be looking at everyone around her as “little people” and frankly, it only adds to the air of elitism this tour seems to embrace. $1000 for a selfie.... fuck that

1 hour ago, BillyBongo said:

That’s not really the point though is it? 

I don't think Madonna needs to prove any points.

You all need to calm down. I went opening night. My buddy was in line at 8.00pm saying 'they'll close the doors'. I laughed. Had a great dinner with friends, arrived at 10pm and the show started at 10:45pm. What's the big deal? Oh, poor theatre staff! (they'll be ok, i can guarantee you).

1 hour ago, mark perry said:

i mean switch it to a different song some nights like hey you for example least then she can use the whole amazon burning etc 

I think the setlist will definitely change, but Future will be a core song. She wants to show she can play piano chords, much like her guitar chords. When she does a rocking guitar solo, I'll pay attention...

I honestly think that songs like Easy Ride, To Have & Not To Hold, Rain, will make an appearance. Obviously that would be amazing, so i'm really hoping she changes it up!

7 hours ago, o_g_c_x said:

No. I like the setlist. But thanks.

It's not all about you. :Madonna005:

I'm sure she'll change a few things on the next leg of the tour. Consider it a blessing. 

Edited by Ashley (see edit history)

7 hours ago, LookingforJersey said:

One side-note, as one of Madonna's older fans, I can attest to the fact that the old ones are the WORST (and should know better). 

That's very true. 

7 hours ago, Enrico said:

SETLIST: Although I feel a few oldies are missing in the setlist, especially in act 2, it's not us who can choose the songs. Also because what I want to hear is not what another fan wants to hear. I'd love to hear I'll remember or Gambler, for instance. I think we were all disappointed by the cutting of Rescue me. I also understand the show is not just for fans and the general audience wants to hear the big hits, as LAP and Vogue. If I went to a Spice girls concert I would like to hear Wannabe, or Wake me up if it was Green Day.

SHOW: I don't totally understand those who say "you need to see it" because we've been saying it's all about the music, so it's not an option to ask for more attention to the musical quality. From our recording I heard very cheap and lazy renditions. I don't know if M herself or Kevin Outoftune is to blame, but this time I expected to hear a different live sound, à la Girlie Show, and I agree with @Bitch I’m Madonnathat she has posted material from rehearsals that gave us the wrong impression (but remember Hold Tight?). I don't buy Madonna playing the piano during Future, when she can have Rickey Pageot performing miracles with it, if they only let him. Then of course when I see it I will be mesmerized and enchanted by her stage presence, as always, but this won't prevent me from noticing the evident musical and vocal flaws.

Good take on it. 

After looking at the leaked footage and photos the highlights for me are the Fado club and Frozen with Lourdes so far. As I said before if M actually got broadway musical or opera people to help her to write,  produce and direct the show, then there may have been a more cohesive sound and stage performance. 

It just looks like she's tried to mash her usual concert with performance art and theatre and it's a weird mess (maybe even pretentious and incoherent at times, yet I haven't seen the full concert to make that call). Yet die hard fans will lap it up regardless. Definitely not a show for casual fans who want the hits. 

Edited by Ashley (see edit history)

45 minutes ago, Fighter said:

Fans could cut down the insults, the tantrums and the entitlement and still have criticisms of her and the show. IDK why we gotta be so extreme....

I actually think she's bred the entitlement and expectations due to her Instagram activity building up to MX album and tour. In hindsight she shared way too much about the tour preparation. 

8 hours ago, Enrico said:

Although the show it’s al about the music, for an onest opinion we all “need to see it”. Like every other show (especially musical show) it’s an experience, and this time we don’t have any video or good audio to judge it. The cheap and lazy renditions come from the choose of the venue. We have to understand that Madonna decided to do her Broadway show based on her music. In theatre most of time, there isn’t a full live band, so the arrangements are less sophisticated. She didn’T gave us the wrong impressions during rehearsals because only a few songs aren’t in the show, and that pretty normal. 

Yes, maybe she can let Rickey do his miracle with piano, but with all the batuka artists, fado artists ecc I think she gave enough space to the others.

1 minute ago, Ashley Nichols said:

I actually think she's bred the entitlement and expectations due to her Instagram activity building up to MX album and tour. In hindsight she shared way too much about the tour preparation. 

Yes but this always happens since she opened her instagram 6 years ago, so we should know better and not expect everything that's posted on her instagram to come true lol. 

4 minutes ago, Fighter said:

Yes but this always happens since she opened her instagram 6 years ago, so we should know better and not expect everything that's posted on her instagram to come true lol. 

She fails at social media. Seriously. She needs a masterclass on Instagram by the Kardashians. 

23 minutes ago, ron92 said:

Although the show it’s al about the music, for an onest opinion we all “need to see it”. Like every other show (especially musical show) it’s an experience, and this time we don’t have any video or good audio to judge it. The cheap and lazy renditions come from the choose of the venue. We have to understand that Madonna decided to do her Broadway show based on her music. In theatre most of time, there isn’t a full live band, so the arrangements are less sophisticated. She didn’T gave us the wrong impressions during rehearsals because only a few songs aren’t in the show, and that pretty normal. 

Yes, maybe she can let Rickey do his miracle with piano, but with all the batuka artists, fado artists ecc I think she gave enough space to the others.

I still really believe she didn't have the right people to help her pull it off. Seriously if she got a crew with musical theatre or opera background and really put thought into choosing the songs and setting a clear MX  story narrative and produced it really tight with great sets etc... then it would be amazing. 

What interests me is why M never really taps into her Italian-American and French Canadian ancestry more in her work. 

15 hours ago, mark perry said:

she really need to kick this habbit of being late on stage i agree with the reviewer here who said he would have enjoyed it more if she wasnt so late ...people get tired ..she should be aware of this it can ruin the atmosphere too 

I’m seeing the show in London in Feb. I’ve got a hotel and really really hope she is on time. I would really like a night on the town afterwards to make the most of the trip and expense etc. I have top price tickets. Hope she doesn’t screw us over with late start.

i can only hope that the UK staff at the venue will not tolerate the extra hours etc and keep M in her place time wise.

• Fighter locked this topic
  • Fighter unlocked this topic
  • madgefan locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic