Madame X Tour | New York City

cherry

3 minutes ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

Came here?  I've been here longer than you have...

And feel free to continue to call me names and insult me.  Let's see who gets banned first.

Really, don't try to play the victim dude, I saw what you did on the other forum where nobody can stand your guts anymore and people have asked that you get banned, everybody complains about you, now you're trying to pull the same crap here.

Just now, IconicQueen said:

Really, don't try to play the victim dude, I saw what you did on the other forum where nobody can stand your guts anymore and people have asked that you get banned, everybody complains about you, now you're trying to pull the same crap here.

Jeez...you've got a bad attitude.  People don't need that type of hate here.  You should be banned for disrespecting other members.  Fighter has already said that people who do that will be banned.  You should watch yourself.

And...again...2 years longer than you.

29 minutes ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

That statement assumes that there are young Madonna fans.  There aren't...

Unless you assume that 30's are the "young" ones and the 50-60's are the older ones.

But, regardless, there ain't any young Madonna fans...and there certainly aren't any new ones.

Does 21 count as young? And does becoming a major fan in 2017 count as new? With all due respect, you should try expanding your knowledge a bit. I've met many newer and younger Madonna fans who are just as hardcore as the older ones. :Madonna042: and quite frankly, there's no reason to disrespect anyone, on this site or not, unless they personally deserve it.

4 minutes ago, Zaktkoons said:

Does 21 count as young? And does becoming a major fan in 2017 count as new? With all due respect, you should try expanding your knowledge a bit. I've met many newer and younger Madonna fans who are just as hardcore as the older ones. :Madonna042: and quite frankly, there's no reason to disrespect anyone, on this site or not, unless they personally deserve it.

Please prove to me that those people are in the majority.  Just because you know one or two doesn't mean it's happening in droves.

With all due respect, she's not GAINING fans.  She's losing them.

Look at the sales numbers.

Edited by digitalfreaknyc (see edit history)

Just now, Zaktkoons said:

I didn't say it was happening in droves. You are the one who said there aren't any. :Madonna052: 

You're right.  My bad.  I didn't mean to speak in absolutes.  Of course there are SOME.  But it's to be expected as *any* artist gets older.  I'm not saying that's it's unexpected or to do with any of the behavior we're discussing. 

However, what I am saying is that, as *ANY* artist gets older and if they're lucky enough to have longevity in this fickle awful business, then they're going to have to start pandering to their longtime fans lest they lose them as well.

You're going to ostracize more long-time fans quicker than you'll gain any new ones.

im 23 and ive been a madonna fan since 2010? lmao i was 14 and i still remember of how in love i was with her at the sticky & sweet tour dvd, the front cover of my notebook at school was a picture of her giving the middle finger during s&s round two lmao

i dont know about you guys but im satisfied with the tour. OF COURSE I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING to see her performing songs like nothing really matters or even rescue me live, but come onnn!!! she literally added rescue me after the dude from billboard asked her to! even if its just an interlude, this is a very unique moment for all of us madonna fans.

and we're only three shows into the tour. the tour has more than 80 shows to go, SO MUCH can happen! she performed so many gems during rebel heart tour, and she rehearsed to many songs during the rehearsals for madame x tour... of course that doesnt prove anything (helloooooooooo hold on tight, how are ya doin!) but this is a whole other level concert that we're talking about. madonna is all about reinvention, and i can feel that madame x still has a lot to show. madonna herself said that the show wasnt complete lmao

what we need to do is trust her and her vision more. from what we have seen (videos, pics and even the full audio of the opening night) this show is just UGH legendary. seriously. lets just wait and enjoy the ride, it could have been waaay more worse if she didnt tour at all lmao. :Madonna004:

1 hour ago, IconicQueen said:

I'm so done with your hateful, disrespectful rotten behaviour, you are going to be banned and I can't wait for it. U've finished shit smearing the other Madonna forum with your miserable posts, raining down on everybody's parade, and just being downright nasty and if you think you are going to turn this place toxic and into yet another enviroment for you to piss on, you have another thing coming. By the way do you have a double account here? because you post EXACTLY like digitalfreaknyc does on the other forum. And I see he likes ALL of your posts here too lmao.

Oh look who it is, you came here too. Good thing is here you don't have an admin who is going to back you up and tolerate your obnoxious behavior.

and here come the conspiracy theories. I don't need a dupe to support me on what I say, honey. Aside from that, I've contributed a very large part to this forum's audio section. I've spent months setting up a masterpost for every era of hers and I've spent a shit ton of money collecting all her stuff. I don't have anything to prove to you. Aside from that, you don't even fucking know who I am on other forums cause I don't use the same username anywhere else.

1 hour ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

Came here?  I've been here longer than you have...

And feel free to continue to call me names and insult me.  Let's see who gets banned first.

I mean I don't think this person is getting banned cause they are kissing Madonna's ass and are insulting the people with "unpopular opinions". :laughing: Speaking of double standards...

"Grey area" doesn't seem to be a place where most M fans live in 2019.

They never lived in that area. Madonna has been subject to criticism her entire career. A lot of nasty people have tried very hard to tear her down including her peers and it's quite obvious that M fans are naturally defensive. Some of them are a little over-defensive I'd say.

What? :Madonna049:

@digitalfreaknycwhat is this person talking about?

Anyway... @IconicQueenyou really need to calm down. People have different opinions. Some people have opinions you won't agree with and I suppose the best would be if you just ignored us. You can actually add members to your ignore list so that you won't see their posts anymore. I think that would give you a bit more peace.

I'm so done with your hateful, disrespectful rotten behaviour, you are going to be banned and I can't wait for it. U've finished shit smearing the other Madonna forum with your miserable posts, raining down on everybody's parade, and just being downright nasty and if you think you are going to turn this place toxic and into yet another enviroment for you to piss on, you have another thing coming. By the way do you have a double account here? because you post EXACTLY like digitalfreaknyc does on the other forum. And I see he likes ALL of your posts here too lmao.

@Fighterdoes this not count as insult? Quite flame-baiting if you ask me and the funny part is that they DIRECTLY addressed me as an individual unlike what I did.

7 minutes ago, Bitch I’m Madonna said:

I mean I don't think this person is getting banned cause they are kissing Madonna's ass and are insulting the people with "unpopular opinions". :laughing: Speaking of double standards...

Good luck! and good luck to any forum that has you. 

[Thread closed until later.]

4 hours ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

But it's to be expected as *any* artist gets older.  I'm not saying that's it's unexpected or to do with any of the behavior we're discussing. 

This is my take. 

Madonna's down fall started when she met Guy Ritchie. The Music album was the last of the 'old' Madonna. COADF was an optimistic sign, yet after the Confessions Tour it was clear she wasn't going to return to her old form and only hard core fans have been sticking by her and most casual fans have been wavering off, only popping up for the big tours to catch her perform her old hits. 

We shouldn't tell other people how to live, yet if Madge should never have entered in a relationship with Guy Ritchie or did the whole UK thing. She's a woman who's a perfect match with Latin men and she should have stuck to that demographic and remained in NYC and LA where her real tribes are. 

If she did, the stregone in me really believes we would have had WOW music and really interesting art from her. Seriously we would have heard Fado and all the MX world music flavour in a more hip style back in the mid to late 2000's instead of now. 

Edited by Ashley (see edit history)

Regarding her playing the same 5 oldies over and over on tour, I do think there's truth that it's a money thing. Like, she doesn't outright own them or something. She doesn't want some writer she worked with 30 years ago getting money today. That sounds like our girl, quite frankly. There's really no other reason she'd be picking the same songs all the time, esp since she's supposedly so sick of singing the oldies. Sing SPOTLIGHT! Gawd I'd love it and she can't say she's sick of singing that one! It'll never happen of course.

This is Madonna. If she wants to present her music taking a dump in her apartment, then fabulous. 

At the end of the day, it's up to her, not us. The fact she's doing such a unique show that allows fans to get up and close is pretty cool! 

Enjoy it for what it is, rather than what you wanted.

1 hour ago, madgefan said:

So much positive energy around here :om:

I think people really need to do some yoga today, I don't know, maybe play Has To Be in the background and you will feel so much better. Promise xx

What about this? It's genius and it's saved my life countless of times!

circle-gif-2.gif

On a serious note, guys, haven't you made very clear you totally disliked the show? It's not like we don't know how to read English :bothered2:. Why stuck in the same dark place over and over? Move on! If you're not going to the show ALRIGHT! There're other priorities I guess aaaaand yes, the tour is expensive.  Want to continue supporting Madonna? OK! Stick to the oldies and enjoy them as they are. I agree most of us all want Madonna to do/to be whatever is happening in our minds because we've been idolizing her and supporting her for so long and it's awful when we feel she *kinda* fails. However, I strongly believe that when it comes to the point it is really affecting you... just go away for a couple of days, or maybe longer and you'll eventually see that it was silly to get upset about things that are beyond our control. After all, we're just a bunch of people on the internet fighting each other about someone we don't even *know* in real life :laughing:

My hero ❤️

15 hours ago, Kieran said:

I’m seeing the show in London in Feb. I’ve got a hotel and really really hope she is on time. I would really like a night on the town afterwards to make the most of the trip and expense etc. I have top price tickets. Hope she doesn’t screw us over with late start.

i can only hope that the UK staff at the venue will not tolerate the extra hours etc and keep M in her place time wise.

Hope it’s a weekend. Every shuts on a weekday in London at like 11.

3 hours ago, Jackie said:

This is Madonna. If she wants to present her music taking a dump in her apartment, then fabulous. 

At the end of the day, it's up to her, not us. The fact she's doing such a unique show that allows fans to get up and close is pretty cool! 

Enjoy it for what it is, rather than what you wanted.

Some people forget that they're actually paying for the ticket.  She's working for you...not the other way around.

Some people forget that they're actually paying for the ticket.  She's working for you...not the other way around.

Then don't buy a ticket...simple, or if you have bought one and it's not your type of show, sell the ticket....pretty simple really :)

• Fighter locked this topic
  • Fighter unlocked this topic
  • madgefan locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic