Madame X Tour | New York City

cherry

2 hours ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

Some people forget that they're actually paying for the ticket.  She's working for you...not the other way around.

She's not working for the fans. The fans buy tickets to see Madonna's show, they don't decide what the show has to look like. It's not on demand entertainment or build-your-own-show.

10 hours ago, Winn said:

Regarding her playing the same 5 oldies over and over on tour, I do think there's truth that it's a money thing. Like, she doesn't outright own them or something. She doesn't want some writer she worked with 30 years ago getting money today. That sounds like our girl, quite frankly. There's really no other reason she'd be picking the same songs all the time, esp since she's supposedly so sick of singing the oldies. Sing SPOTLIGHT! Gawd I'd love it and she can't say she's sick of singing that one! It'll never happen of course.

Probably this is the tour less focused about money. If she really want to do some money then she chose to do her tour in biggest places, with a lot of spectacular things. She don’t want to sing her old stuff, that’s clear. She told us many times, that the nostalgia thing it’s not for her. But when she decide the setlist she is also force to do some of her hits, because the audience it’s not made only by fans. People want to hear those songs, so she has to decide between the new songs and the hits. 

The only thing that we can do it’s accept it, because it’s clear enough and any discussion is useless. 

4 hours ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

Some people forget that they're actually paying for the ticket.  She's working for you...not the other way around.

No. She is working for her. And I think every M fan should know this. It’s her art, like it or not. She repeat this many time in all this years but people stil don’t understand....

5 hours ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

Wrong. You do not own her, and you have zero say in her art or what she does. If you don't like her music or her show, you can feel free to stop supporting it. That's how it works. Buying a ticket to her show does not guarantee satisfaction.

7 hours ago, scion said:

Hope it’s a weekend. Every shuts on a weekday in London at like 11.

Thankfully I managed to get a Saturday, 8th Feb. Feels like ages away right now! Was very lucky to get Stalls centre row D on day of sale ?

Everywhere closing - that’s why I don’t think she’ll be able to get away with the lateness for weeks on end in London. One night at Wembley, maybe - but not weeks at theatre. 

I just want to say something.

Is this a thread about the shows of NY or if people like or hate what she does with the prices of the tickets, her career in general, what others say about her or a fight ring for users? :stare:

Because I come to this thread to read updates about how is going the shows in NY but is really difficult to find them :thinker::thinker:

I said.

Peace :rainbow:

15 hours ago, Ashley Nichols said:

This is my take. 

Madonna's down fall started when she met Guy Ritchie. The Music album was the last of the 'old' Madonna. COADF was an optimistic sign, yet after the Confessions Tour it was clear she wasn't going to return to her old form and only hard core fans have been sticking by her and most casual fans have been wavering off, only popping up for the big tours to catch her perform her old hits. 

We shouldn't tell other people how to live, yet if Madge should never have entered in a relationship with Guy Ritchie or did the whole UK thing. She's a woman who's a perfect match with Latin men and she should have stuck to that demographic and remained in NYC and LA where her real tribes are. 

If she did, the stregone in me really believes we would have had WOW music and really interesting art from her. Seriously we would have heard Fado and all the MX world music flavour in a more hip style back in the mid to late 2000's instead of now. 

I think just the total opposite. She was a real class act during being married to Guy Ritchie and her musical work was top notch during those years. Nothing cheap or trashy during the Ritchie years.

RECAP: this post is basically dedicated to collect info about each show taking place in NYC.

As we are missing pictures and videos, it's really hard to get updates. So please help us to collect them here.

TUE 17 SEPT - attended by @RUADJAI, @seanp78and @LookingforJersey; selfie with Rosie O'Donnell

https://www.boyculture.com/boy_culture/2019/09/madame-x-static-process-madonna-sets-herself-free-in-darkly-joyous-theater-show-debut.html

WED 18 SEPT - City Sound show; attended by @DontTemptMe26 and@malleoni;  selfie with Andy Cohen

http://news.madonnatribe.com/en/2019/nyc-show-two/

THU 19 SEPT - press night, attended by @thegoldencalfand @Marcus

SAT 21 SEPT - very late start due to dancers injured during afternoon rehearsal

SUN 22 SEPT - ??

TUE 24 SEPT - thankfully it will be attended by our great reporters @RUADJAIand @DickTracy

I was there. I did look back at Andy at times. If he was singing along, he wasnt singing along to American Life. Didn't know any of the non single tracks. And he says he rushed to the stage? It was all pre planned. I saw Madonnas staff give him the cash and tell him what to do. 

Daily Mail adds details I haven't read before. Can anyone confirm?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7488763/amp/Madonna-shocks-fans-extremely-dramatic-night-Madame-X-Tour.html?__twitter_impression=true

In shocking antics, the Like A Virgin hitmaker, 61, pretended to perform a sex act on herself, swigged beer on-stage and made a jibe about President Donald Trump's manhood. The Sun reports the star made a scathing political remark about the US President, saying: 'What do you call a man with a small penis? Donald Trump.'  

Madonna, who made a typically late arrival on-stage at 10.30pm - and issued a 'half-hearted apology' - drank some beer before playfully joking she had found one of her back-up dancers on gay dating app, Grindr. 

What's with these Citi Card nights?  what's special about them..  Seems unfair that these nice merchandise items are only available at these nights.   I could understand if they were doing day shirts for each night but it appears they aren't.  

I'm in the UK so I have no chance of getting any of these it seems.   Is it basically if you have a Citi Card then you could have got tickets for these shows?   

Doesn't make much sense and just wrong?  I'm guessing these item's won't end up going online either..

9 hours ago, BeepBeepBitchMove said:

I'm going next week as well. Two shows Thursday & Saturday. I'm freaking out I have butterflies in my stomach thinking about it! 

Since you have 2 tickets and I have none, Will you give me one of yours? Come on. Share the love. :Madonna036:

10 hours ago, DontTemptMe26 said:

I was there. I did look back at Andy at times. If he was singing along, he wasnt singing along to American Life. Didn't know any of the non single tracks. And he says he rushed to the stage? It was all pre planned. I saw Madonnas staff give him the cash and tell him what to do. 

???

• Fighter locked this topic
  • Fighter unlocked this topic
  • madgefan locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic