Madame X Tour | New York City

cherry

... a little depressing indeed. I thought the same about the Like a Prayer clip. I mean, it's ok being minimal, but neither her earliest shows had such a basic set and coreo like this. Anyway, we always have to consider the huge appreciation this tour is getting night after night, so our feelings could be rash without having experienced the whole context. I'm starting to have an idea why there are not many official pics of this tour after almost ten days from its start anyway.

I love the audio, without seeing the context I can't really comment, but the small clips I have seen, it's very low key, very stripped back, not the usual in your face type tour.

She's obviously not as fit as she used to be, and I think to be honest, is probably over the big stadium tours - she wanted to do something more intimate and I guess this is that incarnation.

Doesn't mean she won't go back to full stadium stuff - I mean Cher is doing it at 73 lol 

2 hours ago, stefo said:

... a little depressing indeed. I thought the same about the Like a Prayer clip. I mean, it's ok being minimal, but neither her earliest shows had such a basic set and coreo like this. Anyway, we always have to consider the huge appreciation this tour is getting night after night, so our feelings could be rash without having experienced the whole context. I'm starting to have an idea why there are not many official pics of this tour after almost ten days from its start anyway.

The fuck is that? Even Cher has better shows! What the hell happened to her? And people are paying for this?

21 minutes ago, vesalii said:

The fuck is that? Even Cher has better shows! What the hell happened to her? And people are paying for this?

Nothing has happened to her - she's just doing a different style of show that I think we all expected would be her usual polished large room type gig - where as she is delivering something stripped back, less polished and more intimate. 

25 minutes ago, Jackie said:

Nothing has happened to her - she's just doing a different style of show that I think we all expected would be her usual polished large room type gig - where as she is delivering something stripped back, less polished and more intimate. 

Yeah but Jackie that literally looks like a tribute show that you might find in a local social club in the UK, or a Madonna night at a gay bar. 

Thanks to God other people opinions are not like the Bible

she’s 61....she’s not like Tina turner

every human is different.

and if you think that a concert of Cher is better than this...

cher is great of course...but I don’t think that a bunch of feathers and paillettes mixed with playback are a great show

it seems, for me, a very boring drag queen show in a low level gay bar

Crazy Brazilians started shouting “gostoso, gostoso” during the fado section in tonight’s show and got the whole crowd to start chanting it. Madonna thought the crowd was chanting some other word (someone who was there help me out with this). So either she really didn’t understand or she didn’t want to recognize it. Either way, it was pretty funny. 

You people obviously dont know anything about theatre. Anyway do you really think that Madonna will continue do spectacular shows where her dancers do everything for her? She was the show all the time, and now at 61 she has to reinvent herself because of course she can’t do 2 hours of dancing. Why blame her? Time is passing we can only go forward. 

If it’s a bad show we must see it first. Look at the comments or the press. Every people who see the show, is happy about it. So it’s obviously your problem, because you expect something different. 

Anyway stop saying that she is lip syncing all the time. Listen to te bootleg that someone posted here. Her vocals are live. Yes, there is sometimes vocoder, but again, why blame her for using it at 61? She didn’t use it in her worst moment ever (sticky and sweet remember?). I think we all have to embrace the fact that she is human and that she can’t do “Madonna” for ever.

The simple fact that we will able to see her perfom so close is an experience of its own, not to mention hear her clear voice... the fan reviews are so good, but of course, some do not understand what she's making and it's ok. 2 bad for them !

But she's still Madonna in this theater show. I can't wait to 1 2 cha cha cha with her, and yes she's gonna take me there with a simple stage (yet visually stunning as reported). Maybe that's why I hope the experience will be so good and emotional.

But what are her twin girls doing on stage at half past midnight? Don't they go to school?  Why doesn't she start her concerts at 8:30 pm so that her daughters are sleeping at 11 pm which is already late for children!  Is it normal that girls of this age are perverted by the show biz until 1am, 4 nights a week? I am a little reactionary but I have children and I will not conceive of bedtime so late and disrupt them with exhibitions of this type at their age. At the time of the Drowned World Tour, Rocco was 1 year old and the shows started at 8pm! Today they start at the time when the drowned world tour was coming to an end! incomprehensible!

18 hours ago, broujeorbit said:

Girl bye

The show was really bad. I was bored the whole time. She doesn’t sing live. She doesn’t dance.  If y’all call jumping and moving left to right the whole time dancing y’all dont know what dance is. She can’t act. Her jokes are painfully bad. So what is you giving us M? I though this was a concert? Y’all wanna call everything art and amazing. R y’all that tired and through? At least Cher is sweating for them coins so dont be coming with the age stuff. And no frozen was also boring. She just stands there and lip-syncs. It’s just lola on the big screen doing what her mammy needed to be doing. 

And dont be coming with that bullit ‘if you dont like it dont buy it’. How the f was i suppose to know the show is this tired and through? This whole era is tired and through. The album is a duplicate of nelly furtado’s folklore album and y’all know that was two decades ago. So she two decades delayed. And we all know martha graham didn’t name her madame x. Thats a lie just like her 35 dollar story. Child boo. Yall need stop believing these lies.

You are so brave. Thank you for Chering your story. 

7 hours ago, scion said:

Yeah but Jackie that literally looks like a tribute show that you might find in a local social club in the UK, or a Madonna night at a gay bar. 

no it doesnt, the usual suspects of people bashing on madonna i mean what are you expecting ..back flips ? lol its a theatre tour its not a arena tour i guess you will have to be there to experience the show for real which obviously some of you are unable to do which is why youre so bitter at her for deciding to do a theatre tour that does not reach every country  and bore off with the cher comparisons madonna did not decide to do a theatre tour because she is unable to do arena tours she did it because as a artist she was bored of doing tours in arenas and wanted to reinvent her shows so stop kidding yourself into thinking madonna did theatre tour to take a step down because she is not fit enough to do a arena tour and just stick with cher and her fist pump dance routine tenor.gif

Edited by mark perry (see edit history)

7 hours ago, stefo said:

what was that filmed with a potato ...and why is she dressed like a eskimo thats just come out of the closet

9 hours ago, stefo said:

Madonna Santissima... Ma come ca...aspitarola si è abbigliata? 

Diventano sempre più chiare le vere ragioni del sequestro dei telefonini. 

4 minutes ago, madenis said:

Season 1 Whatever GIF by Friends 

oh god. I'm amazed by the amount of person full of intelligence that can judge a show, a dance routine, an outfit, basing their opinion on an ultra LQ video.

I think a few are forcing themselves to hate on it because they are unable to go due to her not going to many countries - you will have to be there to enjoy this show i think and i really dont even think we will get a dvd of this tour :( 

1 minute ago, mark perry said:

I think a few are forcing themselves to hate on it because they are unable to go due to her not going to many countries - you will have to be there to enjoy this show i think and i really dont even think we will get a dvd of this tour :( 

She doesn't seem to be over filming her shows. She has filmed her last tours in different places and she has taken the time to edit them (too much for a lot of us but it's another discussion). It's pretty obvious she'll do something.

you can be annoyed to miss the show because you are too far from the cities she's visiting but hating a show for that reason is a proof of a lack of maturity at this point

• Fighter locked this topic
  • Fighter unlocked this topic
  • madgefan locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic