Madame X Tour | New York City

cherry

I don't know how anyone can prejudge a show they haven't seen in person? Every person here and elsewhere who has seen it has raved at how good it is. I take their opinions seriously verses those going on with a lot of hate who haven't seen it.  

Also, I'd never trust a low quality balcony snippet of one song performance either. But, like every show, they'll be some performances we all love and others not so much, but, that doesn't mean we should write the whole show off as it being the worst.

Also, I look at this show as something special and rare before a massive greatest hits arena tour in the future. I don't know, but, I plan to just enjoy the ride and whatever Madonna has planned ... through the good and the bad, whether I agree or disagree with her( i.e.: on politics, her career choices, the Polaroid idea, letting live nation play a game and taking advantage of us with ticket sales), etc...and just be thankful she's still here and wanting to create and perform. No matter what, she will always be the greatest artist and entertainer to have ever lived and the one I have enjoyed the most. Peace All. Xxxx

6 hours ago, Danton said:

But what are her twin girls doing on stage at half past midnight? Don't they go to school?  Why doesn't she start her concerts at 8:30 pm so that her daughters are sleeping at 11 pm which is already late for children!  Is it normal that girls of this age are perverted by the show biz until 1am, 4 nights a week? I am a little reactionary but I have children and I will not conceive of bedtime so late and disrupt them with exhibitions of this type at their age. At the time of the Drowned World Tour, Rocco was 1 year old and the shows started at 8pm! Today they start at the time when the drowned world tour was coming to an end! incomprehensible!

I really wouldn't be worrying about her twins. They probably have better education than most of us ever had and they have tutors. If she didn't take them on tour people would be criticizing her for abandoning them. Plus it's none of our business 

1 hour ago, madenis said:

Season 1 Whatever GIF by Friends 

oh god. I'm amazed by the amount of person full of intelligence that can judge a show, a dance routine, an outfit, basing their opinion on an ultra LQ video.

right. we have no idea what the tour is like aside from reviews. But people were ready to take out all their frustrations about her on this tour before she even conceptualized it.... same with the album.

like i said many times before i have nothing bad to say about this tour. i only heard audios, i didnt saw a full bootleg, only snippets, and im not even going bc im broke asf and she's not coming to my country. i get that nobody has to like everything she does and stuff, but come on.... if she didnt tour at all everybody would be complaining and saying mean things! if you dont like it, its okay! but you dont have to talk about her age of keep compairing her to other artists, because madonna is only madonna and she's has nothing left to prove! my only wish at this point is an official release of the tour and that's all.... i have faith, okay?! image.png.493606bf3c5a7980af6eb6425dc62a9e.png 

8 hours ago, Anthony Busti said:

Crazy Brazilians started shouting “gostoso, gostoso” during the fado section in tonight’s show and got the whole crowd to start chanting it. Madonna thought the crowd was chanting some other word (someone who was there help me out with this). So either she really didn’t understand or she didn’t want to recognize it. Either way, it was pretty funny. 

I think she just posted this on her instagram stories ...she must know what gostoso is surely .

12 minutes ago, madgefan said:

It's worrying when you see that most of the media has published rave reviews about the show and yet it's the fans who are criticizing it negatively. Maybe it's time Madonna retires for good? 

its just the same ones though on the forum who are having a go but one fan who i feel is genuinely gutted he cant go and this is causing a backlash ...it was bound to happen the backlash to be honest with the tour - can anybody tell me if madonna and her dancers come off stage into the crowd during medellin ??!!

Edited by mark perry (see edit history)

2 hours ago, mark perry said:

I think a few are forcing themselves to hate on it because they are unable to go due to her not going to many countries - you will have to be there to enjoy this show i think and i really dont even think we will get a dvd of this tour :( 

Well if you’re referring to me, who doesn’t hate on it but feels the production is clearly very cheap even for a theatre show and can clearly hear that a lot of the vocals are either prerecorded or heavily relying on live autotune, you’re wrong. I’m seeing the show in London, and could quite happily fly out to the US and see it there... but I’m not sure the show really warrants it in its current form.

I imagine there will be changes to the show before London though, I think it’ll be far more refined. 

6 minutes ago, scion said:

Well if you’re referring to me, who doesn’t hate on it but feels the production is clearly very cheap even for a theatre show and can clearly hear that a lot of the vocals are either prerecorded or heavily relying on live autotune, you’re wrong. I’m seeing the show in London, and could quite happily fly out to the US and see it there...

one thing it does not look is cheap ..anybody who says madonna;s show is cheap has to go lol ...so what if her vocals are relying on autotune or she is using pre recorded vocals to support her ...big deal , when hasn't she ?? she can clearly still sing as shown in the song solade which i love and i wish was on the album tbh ...

Edited by mark perry (see edit history)

11 minutes ago, mark perry said:

one thing it does not look is cheap ..anybody who says madonna;s show is cheap has to go lol ...so what if her vocals are relying on autotune or she is using pre recorded vocals to support her ...big deal , when hasn't she ?? she can clearly still sing as shown in the song solade which i love and i wish was on the album tbh ...

i Just think for the cost of these tickets, every single thing should be live

6 minutes ago, BillyBongo said:

i Just think for the cost of these tickets, every single thing should be live

her voice is beautiful but she's not the most stable live singer, if she wants to use pre-recorded vocals or autotune to make a performance that in her opinion is better then she will, and as fans we already know she does that so it's not really surprising. If I'm enough of a fan to pay thousands of dollars for a ticket then I know what I'm getting into. And I rather hear autotune than off-key notes (no offence). :yarn:

3 minutes ago, Fighter? said:

her voice is beautiful but she's not the most stable live singer, if she wants to use pre-recorded vocals or autotune to make a performance that in her opinion is better then she will, and as fans we already know she does that so it's not really surprising. If I'm enough of a fan to pay thousands of dollars for a ticket then I know what I'm getting into. And I rather hear autotune than off-key notes (no offence). :yarn:

I understand that, I just prefer to hear the wobbles and the gasps, it just feels more real to me, that’s why I like The Drowned World Tour, everything sounds like it’s right there. I personally just find it makes a big difference 

Personally I’d rather she just sing competently and live. She’s been singing for nearly 40 years, she should be able to sing live now... especially as she no longer dances much. 

Sorry, but to me the show looks very, very cheap. I like the setlist, I like the versions of the songs used, love the outfits, like how relaxed she seems... but the vocals are either phoned in or over manipulated and that’s sad. They should be the very heart of the show.

1 minute ago, BillyBongo said:

I understand that, I just prefer to hear the wobbles and the gasps, it just feels more real to me, that’s why I like The Drowned World Tour, everything sounds like it’s right there. I personally just find it makes a big difference 

As someone who experienced her S&S vocals towards the end of that tour, give me all the autotune she wants. :sis:To me what matters is that the show is engaging and creative, live vocals have never been the most important thing about her shows.... maybe it's true that she hasn't taken optimal care of her voice, we dont know, but honestly no amount of experience can change the fact that she's not the best live singer ever. IDK why fans are surprised. 

6 minutes ago, Fighter? said:

As someone who experienced her S&S vocals towards the end of that tour, give me all the autotune she wants. :sis:To me what matters is that the show is engaging and creative, live vocals have never been the most important thing about her shows.... maybe it's true that she hasn't taken optimal care of her voice, we dont know, but honestly no amount of experience can change the fact that she's not the best live singer ever. IDK why fans are surprised. 

I’m not surprised. And I know she’s never been the strongest live singer which is why I didn’t even consider buying tickets for this tour. I’m not having a go at the show, I haven’t seen it, I haven’t even heard it, from what I’ve heard, it’s beautiful and very atmospheric. To me it’s just a matter of principle, for those prices, I expect a hell of a lot more than what Madonna can deliver vocally.

On 9/22/2019 at 6:26 PM, TonyMontana said:

I think just the total opposite. She was a real class act during being married to Guy Ritchie and her musical work was top notch during those years. Nothing cheap or trashy during the Ritchie years.

Your misogyny and anglophilia is glaringly obvious. 

It was M's dull and bland period. 

On 9/25/2019 at 3:03 AM, mark perry said:

lol ..is this true ...its true ...although some dislike madame x it is a artistic move for her 

And a pretentious indulgent artistic move. She's no Grace Jones, Yoko Ono or Bowie. Everything she's doing now is pastiche, predictable and second rate. 

Only the Madame X songs performed can be considered original works. Seriously just by looking at the limited footage and images it's a slap dash cheap job.

It's pretty much the sign M is following Dietrich and Garland by doing theatre shows and trying to rationalise it by deeming it 'art'. 

34 minutes ago, Fighter? said:

S&S vocals were her worst on tour. :rip:

She's actually much better live than people give her credit for in general, especially when she's not doing heavy choreography.  RHT were her best vocals in a long time.

2 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

S&S vocals were her worst on tour. :rip:

She's actually much better live than people give her credit for in general, especially when she's not doing heavy choreography.  RHT were her best vocals in a long time.

right, she's not bad by any means but she can have some bad moments which everyone has :smile: also psychological factors come into play too, for example on Eurovision she seemed very tense and there were some vocal flaws as we know. It's not great to be tense while singing as everything you need to sing can get tense and the modulation isn't great. When she performs her own shows in front of hardcore fans she's much more relaxed I feel. 

2 minutes ago, Fighter? said:

right, she's not bad by any means but she can have some bad moments which everyone has :smile: also psychological factors come into play too, for example on Eurovision she seemed very tense and there were some vocal flaws as we know. It's not great to be tense while singing as everything you need to sing can get tense and the modulation isn't great. When she performs her own shows in front of hardcore fans she's much more relaxed I feel. 

Of course, she can have some bad moments, but I think those are over-highlighted in general.  Other artists have plenty of bad moments also.  She's most relaxed on her own tours, where she's performing for her fans and not the industry or an anonymous television audience, but it's unfortunate that she decides to do herself no favors and dub over all the live tour releases so that everyone thinks she can't sing live anyway.  I can understand why those who haven't seen her live (and I mean other than S&S) don't think she can sing that well, but anyone who's been to a live show  generally thinks the opposite.

3 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

Of course, she can have some bad moments, but I think those are over-highlighted in general

she's always been seen as someone who can't sing so anything that "confirms" that is blown out of proportion by people who don't know anything about her. it's annoying but expected tbh. 

Just now, Fighter? said:

she's always been seen as someone who can't sing so anything that "confirms" that is blown out of proportion by people who don't know anything about her. it's annoying but expected tbh. 

It's honestly the case with many artists.  All you see are the YouTube clips where Mariah can't sing, for example, or her performance failures, but I saw her live this year and she was honestly amazing for most of it.  There are still many moments of heavenly magic.  I'm going to appreciate the time I have left with all the artists I love.  They won't be around forever.  If I don't like someone live, then I'll just ignore them and not post about them every day. :rip:

I will add though that I think sometimes Madonna tries extra hard in certain places like NYC.  That's why I try to always see a show from every tour there if possible.  I've never been to a bad performance there, though I didn't manage to make it there for S&S.  Some other places you can tell she just doesn't give much of a fuck and phones it in, like the Japan tour audio.

• Fighter locked this topic
  • Fighter unlocked this topic
  • madgefan locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic