Madame X Tour | New York City

cherry

On 9/27/2019 at 11:54 AM, madgefan said:

It's worrying when you see that most of the media has published rave reviews about the show and yet it's the fans who are criticizing it negatively. Maybe it's time Madonna retires for good? 

Or, you know, you could stop listening and jumping on fan sites?  Why should she retire just because a small but vocal group of fans don't like an album or a tour?  IMO, Madame X is one of the best albums she's done yet, and even if a person doesn't like it, I don't think anyone can say that she's playing it safe or taking the easy route with her music.  It's an adventurous record that might not be perfect, but it's the first time she's incorporated a lot of those particular influences.  Same with the tour.  It's the first time since her club tours that she's not playing huge venues.  Maybe it's not the perfect show (I haven't seen it yet), and maybe there are some missteps or out-and-out bad choices, but it's the first time she's tried a tour like this.  Cut the lady some slack already.

On 9/27/2019 at 5:54 PM, madgefan said:

It's worrying when you see that most of the media has published rave reviews about the show and yet it's the fans who are criticizing it negatively. Maybe it's time Madonna retires for good? 

We all make criticism here.
Some do it more, some do it less... Some don't do it at all.
But wishing  her to retire seems a bit cruel to me.
Would you be really happy if this happened?

I don't think so ?

Hope you were joking ?

On 9/27/2019 at 2:25 AM, Jackie said:

Nothing has happened to her - she's just doing a different style of show that I think we all expected would be her usual polished large room type gig - where as she is delivering something stripped back, less polished and more intimate. 

A sad reality that we have to assume, we are used to a great 'show' and this time it is not. Anyway, I love living in this new era.

On 9/27/2019 at 5:47 PM, RUADJAI said:

If you haven't seen the show and your opinion is negative... you should probably refrain from a review. 

Ok, with that point of view, sports journalists can't judge because they aren't professional players? pleaserrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, just relax

On 9/21/2019 at 1:22 AM, Ashley Nichols said:

After looking at the leaked footage and photos the highlights for me are the Fado club and Frozen with Lourdes so far. As I said before if M actually got broadway musical or opera people to help her to write,  produce and direct the show, then there may have been a more cohesive sound and stage performance. 

They even improved her singing voice back in time... 

4 hours ago, Kristian_Kasell said:

Ok, with that point of view, sports journalists can't judge because they aren't professional players? pleaserrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, just relax

your analogy makes no sense. no 'sports journalist' is going to review a game they didnt see. 

4 hours ago, Kristian_Kasell said:

A sad reality that we have to assume, we are used to a great 'show' and this time it is not. Anyway, I love living in this new era.

how many times have you seen the show?

Was anyone in the balcony last night? Some straight couple got thrown out for threatening some queen to sit down. It went on from the start of the show until Vogue. Exchange of insults on both sides but the straight guy had major anger issues I thought he was going to beat the other queen up. The dude ended up having  to go get security because the straight guy was using homophobic slurs. REALLYY??? at a F*cking Madonna concert like come on. Anyways they got tossed but it was full blown annoying and distracting to everybody around me. Bridge &  tunnel trash more than likely. 

Edited by BeepBeepBitchMove (see edit history)

On 9/27/2019 at 10:47 PM, RUADJAI said:

Not to mention... has anyone seen MDNA Tour? The first whole section is basically lip synced minus a 1 minute Papa Don't Preach. Sooooo I really don't know what anyone is talking about when they are upset she's using a vocoder or autotune. Madonna's voice is live 100% of the time in this show. 

She was live on IDGAF lol

and also on some other parts

Close Call Montana Tucker GIF by VidCon

7 hours ago, BillyBongo said:

“I’ll be poor if the poor are humiliated” 

Yeah ok. 

If it's famous rich people who are spending those grands then I really give a damn. If there are actual fans who are willing to shell out such ridiculous amounts then I don't care either. It's not like Madonna's holding a gun during that part of the show, isn't she? :bothered2: Anyway, I don't think the money she's collecting from the polaroids night after night is gonna be spent on expensive bags. She must have a plan that hasn't been announced yet.

• Fighter locked this topic
  • Fighter unlocked this topic
  • madgefan locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic