Madame X Tour | New York City

cherry

Tuesday's show was pure magic.  It's still a bit of a blur, so I'll write more about it when I get home.  I would have enjoyed it a lot more however had she not started at 11pm after I woke up at 5:30am to fly in.  And before the usual suspects suggest I could just have planned ahead and spent an extra night of hotel (for what reason?!), I unfortunately had other plans and could not do that.  Maluma was in the house, got a huge cheer from the audience when he arrived, and David was in the other VIP box as it was his birthday.  Maluma and at least one friend did have their phones out before the show started (it was so visible from their bright screens when the entire rest of the theater was electronics free), but to their credit, they were super respectful and turned everything off for the rest of the show once it started.

I had such a great time and it was such an overall great vibe that I got another ticket for last night's show, which was, to be perfectly blunt, possibly the most awkward and tragic M show I've attended. :eyes:

She started at 11:15pm last night.  Everyone was in a horrible mood to start (I think this show was less full of fans because it was one of the last dates added after most people had gotten their other dates via the lottery) because it was drizzling all evening, making the commute a horror.  She was just full on bitchy most of the night.  The one heckler in the front rows kept yelling out all the punchlines to her jokes and script before she could say them to the point it disrupted the whole show, and she had to stop 5-6 times to tell him to SHUT UP.  "If you wanted to be IN my show, you should have come to the auditions."  Then OMG the audience.  Yes, she was late, but most people just left and got a refund if they were unhappy.  A super vocal contingent in the balcony just kept full out screaming, literally between every talking point between songs "YOU'RE LATE"  "YOU SUCK"  "THE SHOW SUCKS" to the point i don't think anyone in the balcony wasn't super distracted and could enjoy the show to the full extent.  In fact, a significant chunk of the balcony left before the end.  At least 5 people around me left after the first few songs.  Then even more obnoxious people moved in to take their places that were not the seats they had purchased.

The Polaroid moment got super awkward.  She said the guy who went up had already been up there before and $2k wasn't enough.  She asked if anyone had more than $2k and got no takers, so she said I'll just keep it then, and on with the show.

I felt SO bad for the poor girl in the front row during the beer moment.  It was tragic.  First, she made fun of the girl's Canadian accent ("I thought my Michigan accent was bad, but yours is tragic!"), then she asked what the girl did and was so bored by the answer she paused, then said "well, onto the alcohol, I think that is a more interesting topic".  Then the girl was so nervous she was speaking very slightly slowly to not shake and stammer, and Madonna asked her if she was on Diazepam or something.  She also said "I'm still recovering from the fact that no one bought my Polaroid."  At that point, the girl said she had tried to offer money during the Polaroid moment and timidly offered again "$2,500", but M just cut her off coldly as it still wasn't enough and said well thanks for being a great sport, and on with the show.  It wasn't the girl's first time at the show, but it was all slightly horrifying.  I probably would have felt like crying if that were me.

She did say at one point that "to be totally honest with you, tonight has been a very challenging night."  Someone asked why and she said "I don't have to explain why."

The energy was completely dead by the end, and we left at 1:40am to a full out downpour.  A large portion of the audience didn't really have umbrellas, so all I heard when I got out was more bitching and moaning.  It's 54 degrees this morning.:suffer:

Her head is in the clouds, by nature of being a celebrity (and rich). What's the surprise here?  How do you think she behaves when she doesn't get the table she wants at a restaurant?  Why? Because she can. Lots of celebrities are like that; the ones who are down to earth are either lying or true exceptions.

The Polaroid she's playing a character (contrast this to Madonna in Come Alive or Frozen). 

As for the 'late' start; I'm so tired of hearing this. Really. No matter how many times people type it out on here and whine, you will never convince me that:

(a) she's maliciously disrespecting the audience, because she's a total b*tch.

(b) your life is ruined because you stayed up until 1:30am on a weeknight. 

Honestly, you know it now so don't go! The way some of you behave, you are probably all in bed at 9pm on your wedding night, or never did an all nighter in college. Or worse, you're probably the same people who binge watch Netflix until 3am with no problem, but come here to complain.

But by all means, keep complaining...you will NOT change Madonna, and you won't change my opinion - so it's literally just wasted text. 

Just now, seanp78 said:

Her head is in the clouds, by nature of being a celebrity (and rich). What's the surprise here?  How do you think she behaves when she doesn't get the table she wants at a restaurant?  Why? Because she can. Lots of celebrities are like that; the ones who are down to earth are either lying or true exceptions.

The Polaroid she's playing a character (contrast this to Madonna in Come Alive or Frozen). 

As for the 'late' start; I'm so tired of hearing this. Really. No matter how many times people type it out on here and whine, you will never convince me that:

(a) she's maliciously disrespecting the audience, because she's a total b*tch.

(b) your life is ruined because you stayed up until 1:30am on a weeknight. 

Honestly, you know it now so don't go! The way some of you behave, you are probably all in bed at 9pm on your wedding night, or never did an all nighter in college. Or worse, you're probably the same people who binge watch Netflix until 3am with no problem, but come here to complain.

But by all means, keep complaining...you will NOT change Madonna, and you won't change my opinion - so it's literally just wasted text. 

I’m not trying to change your opinion, I never said anyone’s life was ruined. I’m saying she has zero respect for her audience. I don’t expect her to change, neither would I expect anyone who thinks down to Earth celebrities are lying. 

Just now, BillyBongo said:

I’m saying she has zero respect for her audience. 

I disagree, but I respect your opinion. :thumbsup:

I'm a glass half full guy - we have a Madame X Tour, it's beautiful, Madonna hasn't retired, I get to hear some of my favorite songs, and it finishes about 1:00am (not 10:30pm). The world isn't ending. Maybe I'm deluded.

Just now, BillyBongo said:

Really. You *are* the type of fan that would give rave reviews to Madonna taking a dump just cause it’s her. Next

I wouldn't pay to see that, but do go on about what type of fan I am like you know me. I've been intensely critical of Madonna at times. Her stage persona and 'late start' are not one of those times. Shrug.

1 hour ago, stfan97 said:

Tuesday's show was pure magic.  It's still a bit of a blur, so I'll write more about it when I get home.  I would have enjoyed it a lot more however had she not started at 11pm after I woke up at 5:30am to fly in.  And before the usual suspects suggest I could just have planned ahead and spent an extra night of hotel (for what reason?!), I unfortunately had other plans and could not do that.  Maluma was in the house, got a huge cheer from the audience when he arrived, and David was in the other VIP box as it was his birthday.  Maluma and at least one friend did have their phones out before the show started (it was so visible from their bright screens when the entire rest of the theater was electronics free), but to their credit, they were super respectful and turned everything off for the rest of the show once it started.

I had such a great time and it was such an overall great vibe that I got another ticket for last night's show, which was, to be perfectly blunt, possibly the most awkward and tragic M show I've attended. :eyes:

She started at 11:15pm last night.  Everyone was in a horrible mood to start (I think this show was less full of fans because it was one of the last dates added after most people had gotten their other dates via the lottery) because it was drizzling all evening, making the commute a horror.  She was just full on bitchy most of the night.  The one heckler in the front rows kept yelling out all the punchlines to her jokes and script before she could say them to the point it disrupted the whole show, and she had to stop 5-6 times to tell him to SHUT UP.  "If you wanted to be IN my show, you should have come to the auditions."  Then OMG the audience.  Yes, she was late, but most people just left and got a refund if they were unhappy.  A super vocal contingent in the balcony just kept full out screaming, literally between every talking point between songs "YOU'RE LATE"  "YOU SUCK"  "THE SHOW SUCKS" to the point i don't think anyone in the balcony wasn't super distracted and could enjoy the show to the full extent.  In fact, a significant chunk of the balcony left before the end.  At least 5 people around me left after the first few songs.  Then even more obnoxious people moved in to take their places that were not the seats they had purchased.

The Polaroid moment got super awkward.  She said the guy who went up had already been up there before and $2k wasn't enough.  She asked if anyone had more than $2k and got no takers, so she said I'll just keep it then, and on with the show.

I felt SO bad for the poor girl in the front row during the beer moment.  It was tragic.  First, she made fun of the girl's Canadian accent ("I thought my Michigan accent was bad, but yours is tragic!"), then she asked what the girl did and was so bored by the answer she paused, then said "well, onto the alcohol, I think that is a more interesting topic".  Then the girl was so nervous she was speaking very slightly slowly to not shake and stammer, and Madonna asked her if she was on Diazepam or something.  She also said "I'm still recovering from the fact that no one bought my Polaroid."  At that point, the girl said she had tried to offer money during the Polaroid moment and timidly offered again "$2,500", but M just cut her off coldly as it still wasn't enough and said well thanks for being a great sport, and on with the show.  It wasn't the girl's first time at the show, but it was all slightly horrifying.  I probably would have felt like crying if that were me.

She did say at one point that "to be totally honest with you, tonight has been a very challenging night."  Someone asked why and she said "I don't have to explain why."

The energy was completely dead by the end, and we left at 1:40am to a full out downpour.  A large portion of the audience didn't really have umbrellas, so all I heard when I got out was more bitching and moaning.  It's 54 degrees this morning.:suffer:

If you wanted to be IN my show, you should have come to the auditions

lol ...................................................

to be honest the way madonna spoke to the girl in the front row was just well ...pure Madonna ...im not surprised by this im surprised by her putting the picture back in pocket and not selling it ...eeeek ..can see her cancelling tonights show 

im kinda glad fans are calling her out on her being late but shouting you suck is disgusting - this is another problem with her being so late , it puts people in a bad mood and changed the atmosphere and madonna can feel it so she behaves like a bitch too lol ...to deny a sale of the picture is very odd if it goes to charity it means she has just lost a charity 2000 dollars ..she was obviously in a foul mood if she just put it in her pocket i bet she just felt like ending the show which is why she said it was a tough night - the sale of the poloroid picture needs to be scrapped in my opinion - people shouting at her that her show sucks would not do the show any favours ...cheeky fucking bastards 

I enjoyed the show last night, but getting out at 1:30 AM was absurd. It's no wonder people were restless, you spend two or three hours waiting for her to go on, if you want to use your phone while you wait for the show to start you have to go into a small, crowded pen in the lobbies, and then after all that waiting for her, she seems to be in a mood herself. 

The moment she turned down $2000 for the polaroid and demanded more was cringeworthy. Of course I know it's going to charity, but it seemed snide. 

Most positive thing about the evening was that at the last minute my husband and I got offered to move from our seats in the third balcony, to seats in the orchestra, maybe a dozen rows from the stage. Which was the closest I've ever been, and made the price I paid for the tickets that much more worthwhile. 

As for the show itself, I loved many of the arrangements. Yes, there was a lot of auto-tune, but there were just as many moments where her vocals were true and brilliant. Batuka is electric live, as is Come Alive (a song I was very excited to see), and as always Like A Prayer engaged the whole house and turns a concert into a religious experience. I didn't mind the remix of Crave, rather its placement in the final act. It seemed sort of shoehorned in. I don't know where it would have fit better, but the theme and sudden change in tone for the act was weird. I believe there are many songs from her back catalogue that could have better fit the slot. So many thoughts, and I've already written a novel! So I'll leave it at this. 

5 minutes ago, fiercemighty said:

I enjoyed the show last night, but getting out at 1:30 AM was absurd. It's no wonder people were restless, you spend two or three hours waiting for her to go on, if you want to use your phone while you wait for the show to start you have to go into a small, crowded pen in the lobbies, and then after all that waiting for her, she seems to be in a mood herself. 

The moment she turned down $2000 for the polaroid and demanded more was cringeworthy. Of course I know it's going to charity, but it seemed snide. 

Most positive thing about the evening was that at the last minute my husband and I got offered to move from our seats in the third balcony, to seats in the orchestra, maybe a dozen rows from the stage. Which was the closest I've ever been, and made the price I paid for the tickets that much more worthwhile. 

As for the show itself, I loved many of the arrangements. Yes, there was a lot of auto-tune, but there were just as many moments where her vocals were true and brilliant. Batuka is electric live, as is Come Alive (a song I was very excited to see), and as always Like A Prayer engaged the whole house and turns a concert into a religious experience. I didn't mind the remix of Crave, rather its placement in the final act. It seemed sort of shoehorned in. I don't know where it would have fit better, but the theme and sudden change in tone for the act was weird. I believe there are many songs from her back catalogue that could have better fit the slot. So many thoughts, and I've already written a novel! So I'll leave it at this. 

Most positive thing about the evening was that at the last minute my husband and I got offered to move from our seats in the third balcony, - thats so good ..

so you got top price seats for ..? what did you pay ?

turning down 2000 for a photo is absurd and just pure spitting your dummy out as it should go to the highest bidder - im sure the charity would have loved that 2000 - shocking really ..she must have been in a foul mood to do that

You know, I’ve literally nothing good to say about Madame X anymore, it’s all trash, it’s all designed to refine her fan base down to the hardcore that will throw money at her no matter what she does. Account deletion requested cause seriously, there’s no positives to give anymore.

Peace

5 minutes ago, mark perry said:

Most positive thing about the evening was that at the last minute my husband and I got offered to move from our seats in the third balcony, - thats so good ..

so you got top price seats for ..? what did you pay ?

I believe they were originally the $50 seats, but I had to buy them secondhand, and ended up being about $200 each.

3 minutes ago, mark perry said:

would have been her request ...did you hear people shouting at her " you suck "

I did not hear those words exactly. Whoever did must have been sitting closer to the heckler in question. Just about anytime she paused to talk people would shout things at random, which made it difficult to hear what she was saying and on a few occasions made her stop what she was saying and delay the whole segment from moving forward. 

10 minutes ago, fiercemighty said:

They seemed to offer that to quite a few people in the upper levels, maybe to fill in holes in the orchestra. 

That happened to me in Manchester in 2009. We were on the very back row at the top and then got moved to the good seats shortly before the show started. I guess it to fill gaps near the stage.

I have a feeling that after 90 plus of these shows she will be very tired of the intimate thing. She wanted to do something different and good for her but I think she will progressivly get pissed off with people shouting or speaking loadly and leaving early, it is much worsh in such s small venue than an arena. And when people are shouting "you suck" in a theater, it is annoying. Deep down I dont think she is the "loving the intimacy with fans" type of person. I do think its great she is doing something different but she is much more of an arena artist.

5 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

I have a feeling that after 90 plus of these shows she will be very tired of the intimate thing. She wanted to do something different and good for her but I think she will progressivly get pissed off with people shouting or speaking loadly and leaving early, it is much worsh in such s small venue than an arena. And when people are shouting "you suck" in a theater, it is annoying. Deep down I dont think she is the "loving the intimacy with fans" type of person. I do think its great she is doing something different but she is much more of an arena artist.

i think she loved the intimacy with fans who genuinely are big fans of her and i think thats why the ticket prices are so high so she is just sharing a theatre with her biggest fans not some casual fan who is a fan of vogue lol but it seems some have managed to get in for eg the ones who are leaving after a few songs etc etc or shouting " you suck " but yeah i was unsure of the heckling when she first announced it etc ...i think once shes out of the usa and touring europe things will get better for her 

• Fighter locked this topic
  • Fighter unlocked this topic
  • madgefan locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic