Madame X Tour | New York City

cherry

6 hours ago, seanp78 said:

Her head is in the clouds, by nature of being a celebrity (and rich). What's the surprise here?  How do you think she behaves when she doesn't get the table she wants at a restaurant?  Why? Because she can. Lots of celebrities are like that; the ones who are down to earth are either lying or true exceptions.

The Polaroid she's playing a character (contrast this to Madonna in Come Alive or Frozen). 

As for the 'late' start; I'm so tired of hearing this. Really. No matter how many times people type it out on here and whine, you will never convince me that:

(a) she's maliciously disrespecting the audience, because she's a total b*tch.

(b) your life is ruined because you stayed up until 1:30am on a weeknight. 

Honestly, you know it now so don't go! The way some of you behave, you are probably all in bed at 9pm on your wedding night, or never did an all nighter in college. Or worse, you're probably the same people who binge watch Netflix until 3am with no problem, but come here to complain.

But by all means, keep complaining...you will NOT change Madonna, and you won't change my opinion - so it's literally just wasted text. 

No baby she can't. Divas' era ended a few decades ago! I hate her being in a mood because well it's her lateness that upset everyone - hence herself when she saw the audience's reaction during the night. 

7 hours ago, mark perry said:

If you wanted to be IN my show, you should have come to the auditions

lol ...................................................

to be honest the way madonna spoke to the girl in the front row was just well ...pure Madonna ...im not surprised by this im surprised by her putting the picture back in pocket and not selling it ...eeeek ..can see her cancelling tonights show 

im kinda glad fans are calling her out on her being late but shouting you suck is disgusting - this is another problem with her being so late , it puts people in a bad mood and changed the atmosphere and madonna can feel it so she behaves like a bitch too lol ...to deny a sale of the picture is very odd if it goes to charity it means she has just lost a charity 2000 dollars ..she was obviously in a foul mood if she just put it in her pocket i bet she just felt like ending the show which is why she said it was a tough night - the sale of the poloroid picture needs to be scrapped in my opinion - people shouting at her that her show sucks would not do the show any favours ...cheeky fucking bastards 

Honestly, I feel like she's had it coming. You can't go on with your tantrums on Instagram and live in front of a paying audience, being rude to low bidders like the photo is made out of gold or diamonds or something, and continue with bitchy remarks without people talking back. People have dignity too, and you may say "well don't go", well yeah, we can refuse to go but when people pay for a ticket to see a concert, disrespect shouldn't really come with the package, there's basic human decency and people would've reacted negatively to a comedian they don't even watch if he/she made some rude remarks, so Madonna is no exception.

The Polaroid part is very humiliating to her image and to fans, especially  the way she handles it and it's quite hypocritical from someone who sang "Killers Who Are Partying" where she pretends to feel for the poor and every group of human beings, when in reality, she acts like she's above them.

I'm very glad people called her out, because it's about time she realizes that she's still on Earth like all of us and not above other human beings and these people deserve just as much respect as blind stans claim that she does.

Edited by RinoTheBouncer (see edit history)

13 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

Honestly, I feel like she's had it coming. You can't go on with your tantrums on Instagram and live in front of a paying audience, being rude to low bidders like the photo is made out of gold or diamonds or something, and continue with bitchy remarks without people talking back. People have dignity too, and you may say "well don't go", well yeah, we can refuse to go but when people pay for a ticket to see a concert, disrespect shouldn't really come with the package, there's basic human decency and people would've reacted negatively to a comedian they don't even watch if he/she made some rude remarks, so Madonna is no exception.

The Polaroid part is very humiliating to her image and to fans, especially  the way she handles it and it's quite hypocritical from someone who sang "Killers Who Are Partying" where she pretends to feel for the poor and every group of human beings, when in reality, she acts like she's above them.

I'm very glad people called her out, because it's about time she realizes that she's still on Earth like all of us and not above other human beings and these people deserve just as much respect as blind stans claim that she does.

Those blind stans still keep on surprising me. She's completely not into doing this theater thing. The way she mistreats her fans, talking shit to them. She's giving zero fucks to anything she has ever done. It seems she has no respect for her career and what she has achieved for all these years.

21 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

the personality on stage does not shock me i actually am fond of her attitude on stage she does not ass kiss her fans like most performers do and she used to call us mother fuckers ..i am shocked she kept the photo and didn't sell it maybe she just didn't want the girl to part with her money ..she knows that celebs are in the audience on most nights shes wanting them to bid i think but its just a crappy photo lol ...i like her stage attitude just not her lateness lol

3 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Those blind stans still keep on surprising me. She's completely not into doing this theater thing. The way she mistreats her fans, talking shit to them. She's giving zero fucks to anything she has ever done. It seems she has no respect for her career and what she has achieved for all these years.

huh ? how can you say she is not into doing the theatre shows ..have you seen the show ? its just tongue and cheek how she talks to her fans ....the lateness is rude though so tell guy oseary to kick her ass for it 

Just now, Bat-Fan said:

I don't know what the hell her management is thinking. Are they blind or is she too stubborn to listen? because she's literally killing her career and shitting on whatever good memory is left of it. First of all, the show itself is mediocre, her outfits are a terribly low effort compared to whatever she's done before, the setlist is a mess and this is coming from someone whose happy that she's singing more Madame X songs, but she raised all the wrong expectations through Instagram, that this is some sort of a hardcore fan intimate gig where she sings forgotten gems..etc., the songs barely fit with each other and so many moments of awkwardness out there, and this is further confirmed by other members posts about it here on this forum.

All that aside, her lateness is becoming too much, and stans continue to insist on moronic statements like "well don't go" or "you should know by know that she's always late" or "if you can't stand her attitude, leave" or "she doesn't owe you" or "you're entitled" and other crap like that. Well no shit, no one said she "owes" anyone, but at least put on a show like a normal person. Treat your paying audience with basic human decency to continue to have a career. Being rich and famous is no excuse because there are many younger and older and similar-aged artists and figures like her who are way more respectful and grateful to the people who got them where they are or at least those speaking to them or paid to see their shows. Before going to complain on Instagram about people sneaking phones against the rules, you obey your own show's rules by appearing on time. In addition to that, the polaroid moment which stans say "well it's for charity" well yeah fuck charity if it means shutting people down like that. Besides, there's zero proof beside her word once that it's for charity. And I don't care anyway, because people are there for a polaroid that looks like all the other polaroids and doesn't even feature the paying fan or her autograph, for anywhere from $1500 to $5000, and on top of that, she goes on to disrespect low bidders..etc. The way she treated that Canadian girl as the other user described is repulsive.

She's earned all this backlash against her because she's no different than any artist or reporter or comedian who gets called out for saying a hateful word or disrespecting an audience member or a group.

6 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

I don't know what the hell her management is thinking. Are they blind or is she too stubborn to listen? because she's literally killing her career and shitting on whatever good memory is left of it. First of all, the show itself is mediocre, her outfits are a terribly low effort compared to whatever she's done before, the setlist is a mess and this is coming from someone whose happy that she's singing more Madame X songs, but she raised all the wrong expectations through Instagram, that this is some sort of a hardcore fan intimate gig where she sings forgotten gems..etc., the songs barely fit with each other and so many moments of awkwardness out there, and this is further confirmed by other members posts about it here on this forum.

All that aside, her lateness is becoming too much, and stans continue to insist on moronic statements like "well don't go" or "you should know by know that she's always late" or "if you can't stand her attitude, leave" or "she doesn't owe you" or "you're entitled" and other crap like that. Well no shit, no one said she "owes" anyone, but at least put on a show like a normal person. Treat your paying audience with basic human decency to continue to have a career. Being rich and famous is no excuse because there are many younger and older and similar-aged artists and figures like her who are way more respectful and grateful to the people who got them where they are or at least those speaking to them or paid to see their shows. Before going to complain on Instagram about people sneaking phones against the rules, you obey your own show's rules by appearing on time. In addition to that, the polaroid moment which stans say "well it's for charity" well yeah fuck charity if it means shutting people down like that. Besides, there's zero proof beside her word once that it's for charity. And I don't care anyway, because people are there for a polaroid that looks like all the other polaroids and doesn't even feature the paying fan or her autograph, for anywhere from $1500 to $5000, and on top of that, she goes on to disrespect low bidders..etc. The way she treated that Canadian girl as the other user described is repulsive.

She's earned all this backlash against her because she's no different than any artist or reporter or comedian who gets called out for saying a hateful word or disrespecting an audience member or a group.

And the terrible jokes, the bad singing, the high school worthy props and costumes. Setlist and arrangements are uninspiring and boring. Even Medellín seems like funeral hymn. I truly believe she is NOT into this intimate interaction with fans, she is just faking it to be able to travel less and collect ALOT more money by doing theaters. Im sure she can't stand talking to her fans. She is not really the "intimate" type.

6 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

And the terrible jokes, the bad singing, the high school worthy props and costumes. Setlist and arrangements are uninspiring and boring. Even Medellín seems like funeral hymn. I truly believe she is NOT into this intimate interaction with fans, she is just faking it to be able to travel less and collect ALOT more money by doing theaters. Im sure she can't stand talking to her fans. She is not really the "intimate" type.

Don't get me wrong, I adore her, not just love her. But it breaks my heart seeing her become like this. From what I've been hearing, everything seems quote low-budget and messy or flat out unfinished and cheap, which is very sad since Madonna was always an artist who sold out stadiums and arenas from 25,000-80,000 people and the concerts being the best party ever and now you've got this messy state that is neither a properly well-made theater show nor a high-budget stadium/arena world tour. It's some awkward place that doesn't excel at either and she sounds like she's not really into the whole thing and I don't know how she's gonna finish 92 shows like this.

They did also mention that she said she wasn't making a dime from this tour, so I thought maybe that's the reason? I don't know. Like they said she said that on the first or second shows and that this tour was just her fulfilling a contract, which makes me wonder what's next and whom will she sign with after this and how much budget will she get for future works, because this could be the end of seeing Madonna in proper production, especially with how the album wasn't selling very much despite every promo effort.

9 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

you have not even seen the show lol 

2 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

Don't get me wrong, I adore her, not just love her. But it breaks my heart seeing her become like this. From what I've been hearing, everything seems quote low-budget and messy or flat out unfinished and cheap, which is very sad since Madonna was always an artist who sold out stadiums and arenas from 25,000-80,000 people and the concerts being the best party ever and now you've got this messy state that is neither a properly well-made theater show nor a high-budget stadium/arena world tour. It's some awkward place that doesn't excel at either and she sounds like she's not really into the whole thing and I don't know how she's gonna finish 92 shows like this.

They did also mention that she said she wasn't making a dime from this tour, so I thought maybe that's the reason? I don't know. Like they said she said that on the first or second shows and that this tour was just her fulfilling a contract, which makes me wonder what's next and whom will she sign with after this and how much budget will she get for future works, because this could be the end of seeing Madonna in proper production, especially with how the album wasn't selling very much despite every promo effort.

Isnt this tour part of her LN contract? If so she will make alot of money. How can she state she isnt making a dime of this tour?

10 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

where are you hearing all this , all ive read from fans who have been to the show is positive things with just a grudge against her lateness and not to mention the critics seem to like it ..it seems its fans who have not seen the show who are having a meltdown over it and making assumptions of course she is making money from it lol did she happen to say this " not making a dime " for the show during trying to sell her polaroid picture by any chance shes prob just joking like saying " a woman has to make some money some how " ..fans who are not attending this tour need to calm down ranting about it and blowing things up out of proportions ....except her lateness ..that sucks ...lol

4 minutes ago, Bat-Fan said:

Isnt this tour part of her LN contract? If so she will make alot of money. How can she state she isnt making a dime of this tour?

I don't know, to be honest. I know that she was paid about $120m or so back when she signed with Live Nation and it was a contract that included all her tours and albums from S&S till now. I don't know how much of the revenue of S&S which was $408m was her own cut, not the $308m of MDNA Tour. Were the $120m all given to her in order to do all these tours and the revenue goes to LN not her? or did she have some cut from each tour and this one will be like only her finishing contract? I don't know really.

2 minutes ago, mark perry said:

where are you hearing all this , all ive read from fans who have been to the show is positive things with just a grudge against her lateness and not to mention the critics seem to like it ..it seems its fans who have not seen the show who are having a meltdown over it and making assumptions of course she is making money from it lol 

The Canadian girl part was from another user who posted like 2 pages behind I think, regarding last night's show. The positive and negative things were are the stories of members who attended here and on Facebook.

I know I will get replies like "we are expressing our opinions" etc but dear LORD this is a depressing thread. It's the only place where I am seeing soooo much negativity re the tour. Can we not just lighten the mood even just a little? The lateness talk is soooo repetitive and it's been going on for centuries. She's NOT going to change so either accept it or...just carry on.

1 minute ago, Edina Monsoon said:

I know I will get replies like "we are expressing our opinions" etc but dear LORD this is a depressing thread. It's the only place where I am seeing soooo much negativity re the tour. Can we not just lighten the mood even just a little? The lateness talk is soooo repetitive and it's been going on for centuries. She's NOT going to change so either accept it or...just carry on.

We are expressing our opinions.... Kidding ??

3 minutes ago, Edina Monsoon said:

Express yourself, don't repress yourself.

8 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

I don't know, to be honest. I know that she was paid about $120m or so back when she signed with Live Nation and it was a contract that included all her tours and albums from S&S till now. I don't know how much of the revenue of S&S which was $408m was her own cut, not the $308m of MDNA Tour. Were the $120m all given to her in order to do all these tours and the revenue goes to LN not her? or did she have some cut from each tour and this one will be like only her finishing contract? I don't know really.

The Canadian girl part was from another user who posted like 2 pages behind I think, regarding last night's show. The positive and negative things were are the stories of members who attended here and on Facebook.

the canadian girl is prob happy she did not have to part with 2000 dollars ....she is lucky madonna did not yank her tit out on stage ..its just madonna its just the way she is ...she would not have meant any harm to the girl 

5 minutes ago, mark perry said:

the canadian girl is prob happy she did not have to part with 2000 dollars ....she is lucky madonna did not yank her tit out on stage ..its just madonna its just the way she is ...she would not have meant any harm to the girl 

I wouldn't mind someone pulling down my outfit, as long as I'm not treated like a joke. Intentions aren't magic and if you treat people badly, chances are they're gonna think you mean badly. Madonna is no exception. I don't see why she should get a pass for treating people rudely in the name of "humor".

Edited by RinoTheBouncer (see edit history)

So depressing. I saw the show opening night and loved it. I joined the forum to share experiences of the tour and read other people's reactions. Was on a high after seeing such a unique concept from Madonna in a magical theatre setting. My two friends who also saw the show (one a non-fan) thought it was stunning and clever.

And trust me: I'm not someone who loves everything she does. Bedtime Stories isn't my thing; the Stick & Sweet Tour was average, etc, etc. 

Unfortunately, this thread has now got me down about it. I think constructive criticism is fine (eg. why not Rescue Me? Why only part of PDP again?) but the whining here and 'career is over' discussion, especially from anyone who hasn't seen the show, is just plain depressing and frustrating. My fault for false expectations from a bunch of people behind their laptops, I suppose. 

Edited by seanp78 (see edit history)

This is what forums are for, sharing different thoughts from behind a laptop or a smartphone/tablet. What else did you expect? completely positivity even about things that people didn't like? It's great that you enjoyed the show. Other people's experiences shouldn't define yours anyway.

3 minutes ago, seanp78 said:

So depressing. I saw the show opening night and loved it. I joined the forum to share experiences of the tour and read other people's reactions. Was on a high after seeing such a unique concept from Madonna in a magical theatre setting. My two friends who also saw the show (one a non-fan) thought it was stunning and clever.

And trust me: I'm not someone who loves everything she does. Bedtime Stories isn't my thing; the Stick & Sweet Tour was average, etc, etc. 

Unfortunately, this thread has now got me down about it. I think constructive criticism is fine (eg. why not Rescue Me? Why only part of PDP again?) but the whining here and 'career is over' discussion, especially from anyone who hasn't seen the show, is just plain depressing and frustrating. My fault for false expectations from a bunch of people behind their laptops, I suppose. 

Online Madonna fans have maturity issues... I apologize for their behaviour.

7 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

This is what forums are for, sharing different thoughts from behind a laptop or a smartphone/tablet. What else did you expect? completely positivity even about things that people didn't like? It's great that you enjoyed the show. Other people's experiences shouldn't define yours anyway.

Yep, this sums it up. Later. 

12 minutes ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

I wouldn't mind someone pulling down my outfit, as long as I'm not treated like a joke. Intentions aren't magic and if you treat people badly, chances are they're gonna think you mean badly. Madonna is no exception. I don't see why she should get a pass for treating people rudely in the name of "humor".

Some people think her calling her fans bitches or mf-ers is rude. Which is just humour, any fan should expect her sense of humour and personality to be dominating and a little rude, its who she is and we know that. That doesnt excuse the way she exposed a minor without permission on stage ofc. ? One of those anecdotes I guess... 

If you're down about a show after reading comments on a forum then I'd say that person might not have been as secure in their liking of the show as they thought. For example, I love her Superbowl performance. There isn't a soul on planet Earth that could convince me it's anything short of pure pop perfection.

• Fighter locked this topic
  • Fighter unlocked this topic
  • madgefan locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic