Madame X Tour | New York City

cherry

1 hour ago, THE ROSE MIST said:

We don’t know the full details but based on the bandages during rehearsals we can speculate it’s probably a longer term injury which would mean 2-3 weeks rest would be beneficial.

If she needs 2-3 weeks off she could postpone Chicago entirely. It would be much safer for the overall tour, they can come back after Paris and add more NYC shows while they are there. If she pushes herself too hard now there’s a risk she will have to cancel more dates later on.

I think if Madonna truly needed 2 to 3 weeks of rest her doctor would have told her so. After finding out they sent out part of the staging for repair I wonder if the delay isn't a combination of the knee and the necessary repairs.

Guest Ashley
On 9/28/2019 at 7:37 AM, o_g_c_x said:

Seems that there are 2 groups of reviews: negatives from people that didnt even attend and positives from people that did attend.

Simple as that.

Positive reviews on this forum are from Madonna stans who did attend. 

And the negatives are from people who are seeing it critically. The more sound and vision which is released is confirming some of the criticisms of the show. MadameX could have been WAY better. 

18 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Hey guys I’ve literally been dying in the hospital. I’m alive. How’s the tour going?? Lol

Oh no. I'm so sorry. I hope you are going to be ok? ??? As for Madonna, she has a knee injury and cancelled some shows. I think she and the show will be back tomorrow night ( correct me if I'm wrong all) but there's a lot of talk she may cancel more. 

11 hours ago, Fuchur said:

@stfan97

Nah, I was ~kinda~ being serious.  There's a lot of humorous banter in the show, so why not a joke about "my grandma knees" and "needing a lift to get up and down those fucking steps" ?

If I were in the audience (which sadly I won't be), I would totally appreciate her owning this unfortunate knee situation.

Obviously I don't know what kind of lift could logistically be added to the stage...

I was joking but agree at it wouldn't bother me one bit when Madonna starts to own her age. We have the dance routines and choreography galore to re watch and l know its part of M but l can do without it to showcase an album like Madame X. For me it is and always has been her voice and the warmth and feeling she can evoke with her natural voice and passion that l come back for. But l am glad l decided not to travel for this tour with the vocal effects in use so much and no real special treats for fans aside from frozen, Rescue me just seems cruel. Would especially love to hear Batuka with her natural voice. l know l would love it all if l could attend

If the show does go on as scheduled tonight, Live Nation needs to make a decision on Monday's show as many ticket holders are waiting in limbo, not knowing when it may be re-scheduled. If Monday's show is indeed canceled, we can choose to buy tickets to attend tonight or Sat's show. 

2 hours ago, truerebel said:

If the show does go on as scheduled tonight, Live Nation needs to make a decision on Monday's show as many ticket holders are waiting in limbo, not knowing when it may be re-scheduled. If Monday's show is indeed canceled, we can choose to buy tickets to attend tonight or Sat's show. 

True. My dear friend couldn't make it to NY for an extra week as Madonna still hasn't announced anything in relation to the show on October 7. She asked for a refund. Sad.

Wow let's hope those people can get tickets tonight and Saturday night. Many of you are right for just how serious Madonna's knee injury is or she would have rescheduled Monday's show for Friday. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more cancellations. Her knee isn't going to be able to handle this grueling schedule. I blame the greed of Live Nation. They have been taking advantage of her and her fans to no end. 

11 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Wow let's hope those people can get tickets tonight and Saturday night. Many of you are right for just how serious Madonna's knee injury is or she would have rescheduled Monday's show for Friday. I wouldn't be surprised if there are more cancellations. Her knee isn't going to be able to handle this grueling schedule. I blame the greed of Live Nation. They have been taking advantage of her and her fans to no end. 

Don’t be fooled into thinking she is forced into any performances she doesn’t want to do. It’s her greed as well, and maybe this time it’s not paid off.

I feel the Madame X Tour would have been better arranged as a 20 date mini tour across three or four cities, ending before Xmas and ultimately leading the way for a 30 date stadium tour next year.

1 hour ago, madgefan said:

Then you're just bound to disappointment. Madonna always moves on, the healthiest thing should be learn it and accept it. If her health allows it, we could have a stadium tour again in a few years... when she's 65-66 or maybe 70, who knows.

You say this like you know her personally.

you don’t.

i don’t.

we will have to wait and see. We may never see another full tour again... we may see a GH tour next year.

consider the fact that her contract is up after this. A new deal isn’t going to be easily negotiated for another Madame X tour. A greatest hits tour they’d snatch her hand off.

3 hours ago, Voguerista said:

I blame the greed of Live Nation. They have been taking advantage of her and her fans to no end. 

What has LN done???

Trust me when I say that nothing about dealing with M has been easy on LN.  At all. 

The tour schedule.  The tour.  The locations.  That's all on her.   She controls everything.

7 minutes ago, scion said:

You say this like you know her personally.

you don’t.

i don’t.

we will have to wait and see. We may never see another full tour again... we may see a GH tour next year.

consider the fact that her contract is up after this. A new deal isn’t going to be easily negotiated for another Madame X tour. A greatest hits tour they’d snatch her hand off.

This is very true. The last GH tour was in 2004, and while I know she doesn't like doing that sort of tour it's time for one. A Madonna GH tour would be a smash.

• madgefan locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic