Madame X Tour | New York City

cherry

6 minutes ago, *mlvc* said:

This is very true. The last GH tour was in 2004, and while I know she doesn't like doing that sort of tour it's time for one. A Madonna GH tour would be a smash.

It’s her only chance of selling our larger venues at this stage.

excellent Damage control. 

4 minutes ago, Winn said:

Madonna is not going to do a GH Tour because singing old songs isn't artistic or something.

It can be very artistic, it’s simply how you approach them.

consider an act like Tori Amos. Total musical freedom to perform whatever she wants every night, change her setlist from 90% old to 90% new every night and anything in between. Then tell me she’s not producing great art. 

Art is subjective. She could approach her old songs in ways that would render her higher and greater than ever.

20 minutes ago, Sheridan1980 said:

No greatest hits tour please. Madonna is not dead and Madame X is a great album. Stop living in the past ! 

You realize that's very bad business, right?  Do you want Madonna to still have a touring career?

Do ANY of the other acts her age (or older) tour on their newest album and still sell out arenas?

She back on tonight, so either things aren't so serious with the knee or she's determined to get through it.   Sorry to hear she can't reschedule the October 7th show, but life will go on.  This could have easily happened if she was doing an arena tour or even doing her dates spread apart.  

1 hour ago, Winn said:

Madonna is not going to do a GH Tour because singing old songs isn't artistic or something.

Actually, the MOST unpredictable thing she can do at this point IS do a greatest hits tour with their ORIGINAL arrangements, we have all come to EXPECT her to be sparse  on hits, the hits she does do WILL BE more than likely rearranged, and the show itself WILL BE the USUAL four themed segments, so yeah, SHOCK the world and do an UNALTERED greatest hits tour, it’s not like ANYONE has heard them in their original form in years or EVEN decades. ;) not to mention one RIGHT AFTER THE OTHER!

56 minutes ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

You realize that's very bad business, right?  Do you want Madonna to still have a touring career?

Do ANY of the other acts her age (or older) tour on their newest album and still sell out arenas?

I agree with both of you. She's the one that said, or eluded, that older songs weren't as artistic as opposed to creating new stuff.

1 hour ago, scion said:

It can be very artistic, it’s simply how you approach them.

consider an act like Tori Amos. Total musical freedom to perform whatever she wants every night, change her setlist from 90% old to 90% new every night and anything in between. Then tell me she’s not producing great art. 

Art is subjective. She could approach her old songs in ways that would render her higher and greater than ever.

I read many comments from people complaining they don't want to hear LAP or LAV or LIB or Vogue anymore, but then wish a GH stadium tour.

I don't get that.

I realize it's not possible to make everyone happy. Some want music, some want dance, some want stadiums, some want intimate, some want Faz Gostoso, some want I'll remember.

She'll do what she wants, as always.

I only hope it won't take her 5 years to record another album (in the meanwhile, LAP anniversary 4 cds would do us good) and that I have the chance to see her again on stage after 2020, somewhere, somehow...

36 minutes ago, Lilalo said:

Actually, the MOST unpredictable thing she can do at this point IS do a greatest hits tour with their ORIGINAL arrangements, we have all come to EXPECT her to be sparse  on hits, the hits she does do WILL BE more than likely rearranged, and the show itself WILL BE the USUAL four themed segments, so yeah, SHOCK the world and do an UNALTERED greatest hits tour, it’s not like ANYONE has heard them in their original form in years or EVEN decades. ;) not to mention one RIGHT AFTER THE OTHER!

Imagine, like a prayer, express yourself... the originals.... i. Would. Die. I don’t know why she’s so obsessed with the immaculate versions

7 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I read many comments from people complaining they don't want to hear LAP or LAV or LIB or Vogue anymore, but then wish a GH stadium tour.

I don't get that.

I realize it's not possible to make everyone happy. Some want music, some want dance, some want stadiums, some want intimate, some want Faz Gostoso, some want I'll remember.

I only hope it won't take her 5 years to record another album (in the meanwhile, LAP anniversary 4 cds would do us good) and that I have the chance to see her again on stage after 2020, somewhere, somehow...

I want a 24 hours concert with all of her songs 

43 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I don't get that.

Ha.  I love what you said. It's so true. I've seen so many of the same people who complain about the numerous old hits she does sing, but then are all for a GH's tour.  They must know LAP, LIB, LAV, HOLIDAY and numerous others would be included in a Greatest Hits Tour.

Anyway, it's not Madonna's style to do just a GH's tour, but I wouldn't object to one.  She seems to always want to tour on new music. She refuses to just be categorized as a touring nostalgic act like so many great artists end up doing who are in the business for a long time.

I can see her eventually doing a tour, covering many hits, probably re-arranged.  Anyone thinking she is going to do it in original form are not being realistic. Many of her songs she can't sing in the original arrangement. I'd like to see her do a more acoustic style GH's set. Even then, she can throw in a couple new songs like one would do for a GH's album.

I'd be very happy if she never did arena or stadium tours ever again. I love Madame X & this theatre tour. I hope she decides to do this again. Maybe even an entire run on Broadway in the future. She could pull it off. I think this was an experiment for her. It's had it's kinks in the road but overall I love the smaller venue experience. 

35 minutes ago, Synchrone said:

If there ever is a GH tour I just hope there is a Madame X section!

I know it's crazy but I just can't picture her putting Madame X away at the end of the tour and going back to "Madonna"...I'll miss her

Don't worry. She will never do a "greatest has been old singer hits" tour ??

• madgefan locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic