Madame X Tour | New York City

cherry

1 hour ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

You just contradicted yourself. You're going to enjoy it no matter what.  You're the Fox news of Madonna reporting.

I'd prefer to hear reactions from people who can actually be honest.

I would believe @stfan97(someone who has seen the show) anytime verses someone who hasn't. And I am very appreciative on his detailed and excellent review and thoughts on the show. Adding: I took you and scion off my ignored list to give you another chance.  And now I'm putting you both back on it. 

3 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I would believe @stfan97(someone who has seen the show) anytime verses someone who hasn't. And I am very appreciative on his detailed and excellent review and thoughts on the show. 

I have several friends in real life who have seen the show. They gave completely honest reviews of the show, which were mostly very positive. 

But they certainly don't needlessly defend it like some here. They're incredibly honest about its faults. 

7 minutes ago, digitalfreaknyc said:

I have several friends in real life who have seen the show. They gave completely honest reviews of the show, which were mostly very positive. 

But they certainly don't needlessly defend it like some here. They're incredibly honest about its faults. 

But, 'its faults' are a matter of opinion....without sounding cliched, like a painting, some will love, some will hate, some will see faults, but at the end of the day its a painting. This is a show, I think the word 'fault' implies there are defects that should be fixed, but this is her show, presenting her music how she wants, so it's not faulty, it's just that some are not a fan and that's absolutely fine :)

14 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I would believe @stfan97(someone who has seen the show) anytime verses someone who hasn't. And I am very appreciative on his detailed and excellent review and thoughts on the show. Adding: I took you and scion off my ignored list to give you another chance.  And now I'm putting you both back on it. 

Again, I’ve done absolutely nothing to warrant going on an ignore list. If you’re not open to opinion, why join a forum?

theres nothing endlessly negative about my post... it was very well balanced.

some of you can’t handle M being criticised, which just shows an obsessive mentality.

1 minute ago, Jackie said:

But, 'its faults' are a matter of opinion....without sounding cliched, like a painting, some will love, some will hate, some will see faults, but at the end of the day its a painting. This is a show, I think the word 'fault' implies there are defects that should be fixed, but this is her show, presenting her music how she wants, so it's not faulty, it's just that some are not a fan and that's absolutely fine :)

Opinion is the SOLE PURPOSE of a forum.

If this show is ‘art’ like M insists it apparently is, then it’s partially created for criticism, partially for expression. 

7 minutes ago, scion said:

Opinion is the SOLE PURPOSE of a forum.

If this show is ‘art’ like M insists it apparently is, then it’s partially created for criticism, partially for expression. 

I agree, but the parts that some don't like should not be labelled as 'faults'. I don't like everything from all tours, but that doesn't mean there faults just because I don't like them, because others absolute love those parts.

4 minutes ago, Jackie said:

I agree, but the parts that some don't like should not be labelled as 'faults'. I don't like everything from all tours, but that doesn't mean there faults just because I don't like them, because others absolute love those parts.

I suppose it’s ‘faults’ in the eyes of the opinion holder.

My favorite tour is WTG, most fans seem to rank it as the worst (my worst is MDNA, awful awful show), but I don’t get offended when people rip it apart and rightfully so express their distaste.

2 minutes ago, bob marcus said:

fuck you if you want to talk about bad vocals check out the whos that girl tour lol ...and mdna is like one of the highest grossing solo tours ever so its not awful awful awful ..youre awful 

Why do you speak to people like they’re rubbish? Your attitude and the way you conduct yourself is disgusting. Reported :)

3 minutes ago, bob marcus said:

fuck you if you want to talk about bad vocals check out the whos that girl tour lol ...and mdna is like one of the highest grossing solo tours ever so its not awful awful awful ..youre awful - you and your butt plug ( if its not one of your accounts ) digitalNYC ....sad bastards to try and bring down a madonna fan forum with your negativity and bullshit you have seen the whos that girl tour you are yet to see the madame x tour and prob will never , i guess you have to be fucking there you sad bastard 

Oh and you joined 13 minutes ago, just to send me an abusive PM. 

so you’re obviously a double account troll. 

1 minute ago, scion said:

Except I don’t. I balance it, as my posts show. 
I’m positive when I feel it, negative when I don’t.

youre obviously mentally unstable to create a double account on a forum just to send somebody an abusive message. Unhealthy obsession indeed, perhaps get a more productive hobby yourself.

the thing is, when your account is found to match another account on the forum, admin will ban this one you’re on now for abuse, and the second one for having a double account...

so you’ve probably just earned yourself a ban from the forum anyway. 

laters. 

Not that I agree with anything this guy is saying and doing here, but I thought you'd might be interested to know you do not need to have an account to read what is posted by members here.  So he could have easily formulated that opinion by reading the forums here.  Again, not that I agree with anything he is saying or doing here. 

I would ignore him from this point on. The admin. will eventually clean house.  :)

Just flicking through the October 1st recording... 

My impressions of it are below, for those of you can cope with an opinion, and don't have to resort to a fake account to give me shit.

• God Control, way better than on other audio. The spoken bits sound annoying... but she sounds super confident.
  • Human Nature - well, it sounds better here than it has on tours previous so :)
  • Papa Don't Preach - sounds okay, but I feel like she cold sing this better, I'm still not sure why she refuses to sing this song it's entirety, it's sad to think it hasn't been performed in it's entirety since 1990. The chorus sounds good, the verses sound okay.
  • American Life - you could be fooled into thinking you were listening to a 2004 performance. It's great.
  • Batuka - I admit, I hated this on the album. I still don't like it. I don't think I ever will. Pretty sure this is pre-recorded live vocals with the vocoder, doesn't sound like a live vocal with a vocoder.
  • Welcome To My Fado Club - This is the bit she sounds the best... live instrumentation finally too. I do think a full version of La Isla Bonita could have been segued into from this.
  •  Sodade - sounds beautiful.
  •  Medellin - I just don't see the point of the vocoder. It's live, the whole idea is the song doesn't have to be CD identical.
  •  Frozen - you can literally hear the autotune correcting her in the first few lines, there's like a tinge to her voice, but it's subtle enough. She sounds lovely, the Madame X tour version of Frozen is obviously way better than every other previous tour vocal. Some fans might not hear the autotune if their ears aren't particularly sharp, but I imagine most will. It's particularly obvious in the lower notes of the verses, on virtually all previous tour performances of the song she's always gone really flat because she's failed to hit those low notes. They're hit with ease here, and the clarity of the mic is seemingly adjusted to match. This makes the RIT performance of Frozen sound amateur, if she'd sounded like this on Eurovision she would have been universally praised.
  • Future - Such a relevant song, and I absolutely love it, even though most fans seem to dislike it. I hate the vocal effects. Might as well be playback. There's nothing really live about this performance, she's not playing the piano as far as I am aware, and the vocals are either processed beyond any live quality, or they're just pre-recorded entirely... I'm inclined to believe the latter. Sitting down to mime the piano and the vocals... why?
  • Crave - This is my favourite part that I can't wait to hear live. I love this remix, I know a lot of fans said it seems empty, but I really love it... and it sounds good. She sounds like she sounded on CT.
  • Like a Prayer - Completely off again in the first verse. I wish she would just retire this one. She's proved in the past that she could sing the hell out of this song, but this has absolutely no energy, no energy. It's just horrible. I keep thinking she's going to surprise the audience and absolutely nail this one day soon, but she just doesn't, it sounds absolutely awful. Her voice box just sounds entirely worn out, and the control over the sustained notes just isn't there... live pitch correction can only move you to the closest possible note, she's moving so much that the notes they're being shifted to aren't even the correct notes.

Overall, a great bootleg, but if I was listening to it in the car for example, I'd take Like a Prayer out of the playlist and just go from Crave to I Rise. I'll always have RIT or BAT to fall back on as what I think of as brilliant performances of the song, this one she just doesn't sound very good at all. The rest of the show is pretty excellent when she's actually singing live and not covered with vocoders... every song clearly has real time pitch correction except Fado Club and Sodade.

• madgefan locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic