Madame X Tour | New York City

cherry

18 minutes ago, ron92 said:

It’s really Sad to read all those bad things by her fans, while the reviews are Very good. And most of us didn’t see the show. I think we all calm down and enjoy the fact that she is still here, perfect or not. I’m not saying that we have to like everything she does, simply not be so hard with her.

I agree. I'm just so thankful she's still here and wanting to perform still. Time is short. We have to enjoy every moment because you never know if this could be her last tour. If it is, I'm glad she's doing it her way wrong or right. 

17 hours ago, Voguerista said:

Fascinating. Question: how many times did she change costumes? And which was your favorite?

Like 4 or 5.

My memory is not so great. 

The George Washington look was equally bad and amazing at the same time. :Madonna054:

The Blue/purple dress really stood out. Such a glamorous moment. 

Also the updated Crave lewk with the added hat which had a bunch of stuff all over it. The hat was awesome! 

This kinda hat...

8 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Like 4 or 5.

The George Washington look was equally bad and amazing at the same time. :Madonna054:

Also the updated Crave lewk with the added hat which had a bunch of stuff all over it. The hat was awesome! 

This kinda hat...

Cool!! Thanks for the info!!

1 hour ago, Ashley Nichols said:

People talk and connect regardless if there is technology or not. Remember music makes the people come together! 

Oh, you know what I mean. There weren't oodles of people in front of me spending hours trying to take the perfect selfies, group selfies or FaceTiming or Periscoping and whatnot. I can't tell you how many times I've seen people jam up the aisle during a concert to take a selfie with a background that'll never come out anyway. I don't pay big bucks to watch these folks.  

Seriously, music makes the people come together. But the ones with their phones on throughout should go to couples therapy together. Codependency makes it tough for everyone involved. 

One side-note, as one of Madonna's older fans, I can attest to the fact that the old ones are the WORST (and should know better). 

Edited by LookingforJersey (see edit history)

9 hours ago, Bitch I’m Madonna said:

Seriously, the only people who are actually able to attend are rich people and older folks who would like anything she's been serving.

I am attending the tour next year and I'm far from being rich, I'm 28 years old and she's not even coming to Southamerica. I don't know what people you're talking about :thinker:

By the way I adored Madame X so I guess I'll have a great time.

52 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Like 4 or 5.

This kinda hat...

1. George Washington outfit with hat and jacket

2. George Washington outfit only white shirt/dress

3. Trench coat (like Pride)

4. Black lace top and shorts (similar to rehearsals)

5. Sparkling purple dress and silver sandals and brown wig (one of the best looks she ever had on tour)

6. Album cover look. Nude scarf and black dress

7. Nude scarf and Versace robe

8. Versace robe with matching hat

9. Black robe with embroidered with crystal crosses 

10. Military jacket with metallic gold details.

What an amazing stage and an amazing show. 

This is her show, it's her music, her art. She can present it how she wants, whether that's in an Arena, a Stadium, dancing flat out - or into something more transformative like a theatre show, that's more intimate. She's 61 - she's done it all, she's also human, and by that I mean, we all have the right to express our art in ways that are meaningful to us. 

To be honest, I can't see how Madame X could be presented in any other way. I am just envious that she's not yet coming to Australia lol.

It's really difficult to express an opinion after the last 3-4 pages.

SETLIST: Although I feel a few oldies are missing in the setlist, especially in act 2, it's not us who can choose the songs. Also because what I want to hear is not what another fan wants to hear. I'd love to hear I'll remember or Gambler, for instance. I think we were all disappointed by the cutting of Rescue me. I also understand the show is not just for fans and the general audience wants to hear the big hits, as LAP and Vogue. If I went to a Spice girls concert I would like to hear Wannabe, or Wake me up if it was Green Day.

SHOW: I don't totally understand those who say "you need to see it" because we've been saying it's all about the music, so it's not an option to ask for more attention to the musical quality. From our recording I heard very cheap and lazy renditions. I don't know if M herself or Kevin Outoftune is to blame, but this time I expected to hear a different live sound, à la Girlie Show, and I agree with @Bitch I’m Madonnathat she has posted material from rehearsals that gave us the wrong impression (but remember Hold Tight?). I don't buy Madonna playing the piano during Future, when she can have Rickey Pageot performing miracles with it, if they only let him. Then of course when I see it I will be mesmerized and enchanted by her stage presence, as always, but this won't prevent me from noticing the evident musical and vocal flaws.

PHONES/TIME : I hate smartphones. Of course I need full coverage of the tour, but I hate people filming all the time. But once again she is so contradictory, cause she's always on the phone. It's an artistic choice but also a monetary choice. Madonna don't preach! But it'll be interesting for the new generation to experience a tour without knowing. Also, the phone is needed to kill time while waiting. The late start has no excuses. No jokes about it please! So selfish and unprofessional. People work in the morning. If she goes to sleep at 4 am, we don't. Next time she can do a midnight performance in a smaller club for 10000$ :lol:

• Fighter locked this topic
  • Fighter unlocked this topic
  • madgefan locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic