cherry

Madame X Tour | New York City

All my respect in this moment, she gave us all, always in these 37 years. I just hope she's going to overcome it succesfully and not taking this knee problem with her during the whole tour :broken: And I really pray for them to record one of the next shows as soon as it's possible. We need to have a trace of this gorgeous and intimate experience!

She broke my heart with that post. I don’t know maybe I’m exaggerating or feeling way too emotional but when I listen to Looking for Mercy, I feel like she’s just leaving us... god bless her and I’d give her my life, but it’s like goodbye. I love that song so much but it makes me cry so much too, and this post just made it worse for me.

May she get better soon, especially since there’s a long tour ahead and I pray this won’t be a recurring problem since I always want her to be in the best health and shape and feel good and also fans have already been screwed over many times with delays and rescheduling, hell some are probably heading to the show now, without any knowledge that she cancelled. I hope the damage from this will be as small as possible. I feel for everyone and I’m praying for Madonna’s recovery.

14 minutes ago, GodControl said:

I totally understand her, a shame for the fans who were attending tonight’s show but it was evident that she was tussling with her knee pain, probably three nights in a row means a lot of physical effort, she gave her best each night and as it says in her recent instagram post, she’s a human being too. I wish her nothing but the best to this Majesty! Hoping the last New York shows won’t be cancelled, I’m heading the last one on Oct 12th! 

6FA0E727-BD1D-4682-A406-BCE4A704834F.jpeg

Can't fault her if she's in pain. Anyone giving her a hard time over this, is no fan.  We want her to be healthy first.   This also is a time that some fans need to realize how human she is and that no matter how youthful and energetic she appears, her body is not as strong as it used to be.  She is 61 after all!  No doubt that her stamina is stronger than a lot of people younger than her, but this just proves that Madonna needs to slow down and take care of herself.  The days of her doing these 2 hours dance shows are over.  I'm actually glad this tour she's not as active as in her past tours.  I'm sure that knee would be even worse. 

1 minute ago, Mark Collins said:

The days of her doing these 2 hours dance shows are over.  I'm actually glad this tour she's not as active as in her past tours.  I'm sure that knee would be even worse. 

This part isn't true at all.  It's a more active, though less aerobics heavy, tour than RHT.  I hope she'll get better but 3 days isn't much time at all still!

4 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

This part isn't true at all.  It's a more active, though less aerobics heavy, tour than RHT.  I hope she'll get better but 3 days isn't much time at all still!

What I mean; it seems she's able to sit more and not be as active in this show as in previous. 

2 minutes ago, Mark Collins said:

What I mean; it seems she's able to sit more and not be as active in this show as in previous. 

This isn't true either.  She's as active physically and more so than MDNA and RHT, it's just less aerobics, but there are tons and tons of stairs, which are really harsh on the knees.  She doesn't sit all that much except for the changing/speeches and a little bit of the fado section.  She's always moving.

3 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

This isn't true either.  She's as active physically and more so than MDNA and RHT, it's just less aerobics, but there are tons and tons of stairs, which are really harsh on the knees.  She doesn't sit all that much except for the changing/speeches and a little bit of the fado section.  She's always moving.

We'll just have to agree to disagree!  Not going argue over this!  Seems silly!

35 minutes ago, stefo said:

All my respect in this moment, she gave us all, always in these 37 years. I just hope she's going to overcome it succesfully and not taking this knee problem with her during the whole tour :broken: And I really pray for them to record one of the next shows as soon as it's possible. We need to have a trace of this gorgeous and intimate experience!

She's a trooper, so I have no doubt she'll pull through this.  ;)

Really feeling for her, must be terrible to have to cancel, especially at this short notice.

Just hoping it doesn’t become a recurring problem for her throughout the whole tour, the unpredictability of your show going ahead or not will drive me insane! Especially as it’s now such a long tour.

Maybe the dates should have all been more spread out (one night on, one night off)

Edited by TwistedRope

32 minutes ago, stfan97 said:

then she needs to add some songs that she can sing without using stairs ahah

more seriously : I hope she's fine and she'll recover soon

I was at the show last night, she was moving with so much grace, strength and precision that if she was in pain; one could NEVER tell. That's our girl, our QUEEN. I also agree with those who said the show may seem less strenuous but in reality; there are a LOT of marks to hit and she moves around the entire stage more so than RHT. I pray she get well soon so we could bid her a proper goodbye from NYC this weekend. 

1 hour ago, TwistedRope said:

Really feeling for her, must be terrible to have to cancel, especially at this short notice.

Just hoping it doesn’t become a recurring problem for her throughout the whole tour, the unpredictability of your show going ahead or not will drive me insane! Especially as it’s now such a long tour.

Maybe the dates should have all been more spread out (one night on, one night off)

Exactly this. I already had Sept 12th refunded since it made no sense for me to come back when the intent was opening night. I'm so nervous because I'm going to Chicago, Vegas, Miami and Paris which really I'm sure will be fine and can't be terrible luck all my shows get cancelled/postponed. I left room for extra shows too, just hoping it works out in the end.

5 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

She broke my heart with that post. I don’t know maybe I’m exaggerating or feeling way too emotional but when I listen to Looking for Mercy, I feel like she’s just leaving us... god bless her and I’d give her my life, but it’s like goodbye. I love that song so much but it makes me cry so much too, and this post just made it worse for me.

May she get better soon, especially since there’s a long tour ahead and I pray this won’t be a recurring problem since I always want her to be in the best health and shape and feel good and also fans have already been screwed over many times with delays and rescheduling, hell some are probably heading to the show now, without any knowledge that she cancelled. I hope the damage from this will be as small as possible. I feel for everyone and I’m praying for Madonna’s recovery.

I felt the same way earlier today...

I burst into tears reading on social media about Madonna and a "knee issue." Many of us fans have gotten so used to the athletic, almost super human Madonna that when I hear rare news like this, I get so overwhelmed and I cry. Madonna is getting older by the day, and like any human being, wear and tear starts showing up. Bone density is not the same as age comes and muscle atrophy occurs. I hope Madonna will be okay! Praying so hard!

Of course it's frustrating for those who had tickets for tonight and traveled for her... BUT a genuine Madonna fan will give her a break in a heartbeat upon hearing news like this and not even complain or be mad.

Madonna is HUMAN. She needs rest. I'm so worried it may be aggravated or becomes a serious issue, but let's hope not and let's pray she recovers cause she works so hard! The most hardworking woman in music! 

Madonna is human and needs rest for as long as she needs, but she is strong, resilient, and not a quitter!

Long live Madame X! 

4 hours ago, truerebel said:

I was at the show last night, she was moving with so much grace, strength and precision that if she was in pain; one could NEVER tell.

This makes me fear that she had to use strong painkillers... 

If I am not wrong, she has been showing a bandage on her knee since rehearsal...

Let's hope it's not bad!

14 minutes ago, Enrico said:

This makes me fear that she had to use strong painkillers... 

If I am not wrong, she has been showing a bandage on her knee since rehearsal...

Let's hope it's not bad!

Yea 3 days is not long at all - hopefully the injury is only minor in nature and not ligament related - as that can take months to recover from!

5 hours ago, cailohfornia said:

I felt the same way earlier today...

I burst into tears reading on social media about Madonna and a "knee issue." Many of us fans have gotten so used to the athletic, almost super human Madonna that when I hear rare news like this, I get so overwhelmed and I cry. Madonna is getting older by the day, and like any human being, wear and tear starts showing up. Bone density is not the same as age comes and muscle atrophy occurs. I hope Madonna will be okay! Praying so hard!

Of course it's frustrating for those who had tickets for tonight and traveled for her... BUT a genuine Madonna fan will give her a break in a heartbeat upon hearing news like this and not even complain or be mad.

Madonna is HUMAN. She needs rest. I'm so worried it may be aggravated or becomes a serious issue, but let's hope not and let's pray she recovers cause she works so hard! The most hardworking woman in music! 

Madonna is human and needs rest for as long as she needs, but she is strong, resilient, and not a quitter!

Long live Madame X! 

Yeah, I'm feeling so bad right now. Like Madonna was always the athletic one, the superhero, the Lara Croft of music, the ageless powerful queen, that we forgot she's a human being like us, she gets sick like us, tired like us, ages like us, gets injured like us. Many of us are overwhelmed with her strength that their judgements are like daggers throw at her. Criticism is fine, but the world has been against her for so long and now she has a knee injury which is worrying, because a powerful dancer and performer like her can get quite affected by this and knee injury can sometimes take months to heal and still wouldn't be the same.

I hope she gets well soon. I'm praying for her and I hope we can continue to tag her in our Instagram stories, wishing her to get better because her well-being is way more important than a show. I feel so bad for fans because they arranged trips, paid hefty prices for flights, hotels, transport and tickets of course and now this seems to cut everything short, especially considering the reports regarding the NYC shows could be cancelled with some Chicago dates being refunded. But at the same time, her health is more important than anything. 

Please get well Madonna, Madame X, Queen of the Universe.