Madame X Tour | New York City

cherry

23 hours ago, stfan97 said:

I doubt anyone who's seen the show watches more than a few seconds of the projections. :lol:

Sorry for the stupid question.  I have seen all her tours from Girlie Show onwards and its easy to tell if she is just using montages of music videos or newly filmed back drops.  Dark ballet only has 1 still of her face so from a fan perspective it would be easy to spot if there was lots of footage of her in her black witch costume.  But I havent seen this show yet and its very different being a theatre tour and the first time she has done this sort of thing.  So maybe harder to spot

2 minutes ago, blondebenji said:

Sorry for the stupid question.  I have seen all her tours from Girlie Show onwards and its easy to tell if she is just using montages of music videos or newly filmed back drops.  Dark ballet only has 1 still of her face so from a fan perspective it would be easy to spot if there was lots of footage of her in her black witch costume.  But I havent seen this show yet and its very different being a theatre tour and the first time she has done this sort of thing.  So maybe harder to spot

Not a stupid question, but I'm just watching her, not the backdrops especially so close up. :)

There are some montages of music videos.  The rest I can't tell you about.

29 minutes ago, GodControl said:

So yesterday was Madonna’s final show in NYC, and I gotta say... WOW, just that, I mean overall she puts in a show which is totally different to the ones I’ve seen before. I can recall right now how amazing is the transition from “Rescue Me” as interlude to “Frozen”, the goosebumps when she sang the first verse of the track and Lola in the projections and their faces and looks intertwined, by far is the best performance of the song since DWT. Speaking of the DWT, it reminds me sometimes about it, since that tour was the one in which she performed few “hits” or songs from the 80’s, and this time an important part of the album is performed on the show. She dances way much more than in the RHT! It’s also incredible that even though she had a knee injury she managed to pull out an entire show, without making changes on the setlist or finishing it earlier. 

In The first segment, “IDSIF” is very theatrical and groovy. The beginning of the Fado segment is very energetic and it’s just Madame X songs, so if you like the album, this segment would be your favorite one. When she performs “Crazy” it is noticeable the chemistry between her and this new “boyfriend”, however, I expected a better performance of this song. “Medellin” and “Extreme Occident” are by far the greatest ones in this section. “Come Alive” also is one of the highlights, at least for me, the choreography and projections were beyond my expectations! “LAP” was sung by everyone yesterday, the crowd really sang along! The last number, “I Rise” it’s totally appropriate regarding the message that the concert as a whole intends to give, Madonna being so close to us is magical! I was mesmerized by that moment! New York will miss Madame X! Madonna is a legend for a reason. 

10/10 BRAVOO

Wow! I so enjoyed this! Thank you so much. ??

17 hours ago, blondebenji said:

I can't say for sure, but I don't think so. I feel like it would stand out in my mind if there were extra scenes. Actually I think the only "NEW" thing recorded was Lola for Frozen everything else was chopped up official music videos, arty projections, or scene projections. 

For those who attended how does the papa dont preech speech go down with the audience? l heard the Oct 12 show where she asks what the audience thinks of her not keeping her baby and it seems like the wrong way to ask that question, applauding for abortion seems odd. Does she always say it that way and is it weird?

1 hour ago, cyberrage said:

For those who attended how does the papa dont preech speech go down with the audience? l heard the Oct 12 show where she asks what the audience thinks of her not keeping her baby and it seems like the wrong way to ask that question, applauding for abortion seems odd. Does she always say it that way and is it weird?

It's not applause for abortion but for woman's right to choose. 

3 hours ago, cyberrage said:

Do you live in America? This has been a hotly debated topic there recently so I don't think anyone in the audience in NYC would misunderstand it.

It hasn't leaked at all, it's officially released as a clip from Madonna's social media.
There's absolutely nothing 'leaked' about it.

Her voice has changed quite a bit listening to the October 12th bootleg, in comparison to opening night. There's a sweetness missing, the same sweetness from the first night of RIT and CT that vanished thereafter.

I must admit, Like a Prayer sounds a LOT better than it did at Eurovision yet I still think it sounds as flat as a pancake and it's still quite out of tune, also there's absolutely no power to the her voice that she had when she performed it on the RIT. I think the song is crying out for a really stripped back, slow emotional acoustic version like on Hope For Haiti, which incidentally was the last time she sang Like a Prayer really, really well.

Still, very nice to hear a clear recording of the show finally, the audience seemed very quiet which is great for recording. It's obvious the speaking parts of the show are a little excessive, but the musical aspects of the show seem pretty decent.

53 minutes ago, scion said:

It hasn't leaked at all, it's officially released as a clip from Madonna's social media.
There's absolutely nothing 'leaked' about it.

Her voice has changed quite a bit listening to the October 12th bootleg, in comparison to opening night. There's a sweetness missing, the same sweetness from the first night of RIT and CT that vanished thereafter.

I must admit, Like a Prayer sounds a LOT better than it did at Eurovision yet I still think it sounds as flat as a pancake and it's still quite out of tune, also there's absolutely no power to the her voice that she had when she performed it on the RIT. I think the song is crying out for a really stripped back, slow emotional acoustic version like on Hope For Haiti, which incidentally was the last time she sang Like a Prayer really, really well.

Still, very nice to hear a clear recording of the show finally, the audience seemed very quiet which is great for recording. It's obvious the speaking parts of the show are a little excessive, but the musical aspects of the show seem pretty decent.

It's great that you're judging Madonna's vocals on a muffled Yondr recording in mono.  I assure you, her voice has never sounded better live.

2 hours ago, stfan97 said:

It's great that you're judging Madonna's vocals on a muffled Yondr recording in mono.  I assure you, her voice has never sounded better live.

AMEN! shes never sang this well, take Lament from RIT, LVER from RHT, TIMES TEN! Shes blowing the roof off the theatre, Shes singing her face off, it falls on the floor, still singing, then she puts it back on and sings some more. her vocals are amazing.

3 hours ago, stfan97 said:

Sorry, but no. 

it’s obvious Like a Prayer isn’t sang well by comparison to yesteryear. Pitch isn’t affected by the recording, and she’s flat for the entire song, by around a quarter tone. Sorry that it doesn’t fit your agenda, but a crap recording is good enough to determine whether or not her voice is in decent shape. If anything, the nature of the recordings actually show her voice more clearly than backing track and the ‘band’/taped music. 

she sounds okay, but it’s obvious she’s declined further than tours previous. God Control is very flat also.  Why do you think she’s absolutely covered the show in vocal effects and in some of the Madame X Tour, studio lead backing vocals?

Sodade and Fado Club sound the best.

1 hour ago, wonderboy said:

AMEN! shes never sang this well, take Lament from RIT, LVER from RHT, TIMES TEN! Shes blowing the roof off the theatre, Shes singing her face off, it falls on the floor, still singing, then she puts it back on and sings some more. her vocals are amazing.

LVER on RHT was flat, and on some shows off key. Not a good example.

1 minute ago, scion said:

Sorry that it doesn’t fit your agenda, but a crap recording is good enough to determine whether or not her voice is in decent shape.

:Madonna031:

Imagine thinking one night is representative of the entire tour.  Her voice wasn't the best on the 12th.  But continue to not enjoy and don't go to the tour then.  It won't stop the rest of us from enjoying it.  I have no agenda but to enjoy what I love, not focus on what I dislike day in and day out.

1 hour ago, stfan97 said:

:Madonna031:

Imagine thinking one night is representative of the entire tour.  Her voice wasn't the best on the 12th.  But continue to not enjoy and don't go to the tour then.  It won't stop the rest of us from enjoying it.  I have no agenda but to enjoy what I love, not focus on what I dislike day in and day out.

You just contradicted yourself. You're going to enjoy it no matter what.  You're the Fox news of Madonna reporting.

I'd prefer to hear reactions from people who can actually be honest.

You don’t need to have seen the show yet to have an opinion of it.

im sure you have an opinion of Madonna performances you never saw live, or tours you never attended.

does that make those opinions invalid?

no. you’re just unintelligent, and it really shows.

’next’.

• madgefan locked, unpinned and unfeatured this topic