Erotica vs I Don't Search I Find?

Voguerista

If we were to match these two Erotica album sounding songs up together, which is your favorite: I Don't Search I Find Or Erotica? 

I'm a fair fan to Erotica(the song), but, I loved it way more when Madonna added/mixed "you thrill me" to it. That put that song in a whole new level of her best.  But if I were just to judge Erotica (without You Thrill Me) and I Don't Search I Find, I'd pick I Don't Search I Find. 

What do you think? 

Edited by Voguerista (see edit history)

There is a joy to I Don't Search, I Find that isn't really present anywhere on Erotica. Even Deeper and Deeper has a yearning to it amidst the disco lights and those harmonies.  Most of the tunes are about seduction, loss, anger... it almost makes that line "finally enough love" more poignant as its true she has revisited the sound but growth as a person has made some/most of the subject matter from Erotica era not applicable to 2019 Madonna. 

Also I was thinking about songs where she finds: Mother & Father "find someone who loves me". Medellin "found myself dancing in the rain with you". Die Another Day "I think I'll find another way". Vogue "beauty is where you find it". Jump "I'll work and I'll fight til I find a place of my own". Get Together "Find the secret"

They are too different to compare personally.

"I don't Search, I Find" is a more enjoyable listen. Erotica is more Art in the sense that it's like a statement piece that when viewed in the time that it was released has a heightened significance. It's also quite unique sonically even though there's a hodgepodge of typical sounds used in it from this period in music. I don't think I've heard another song that is really close to sounding like Erotica. But if given the choice i'd most likely request to hear IDSIF. 

I feel like IDSIF doesn't have much to it then all of her other songs. It sounds like a rough demo to me, she repeats 'i don't search i find' throughout the whole song and the verses are short. I did like the spoken part of the song and the harmony at the end but i don't have any feelings towards the song as whole. 

with Erotica it pretty much has different point of views & meaning: Love, Sex, One night stand, hookup, Ect.... it has sexual meaning and pretty relatable... so i choose Erotica to be my favorite, and also because it has Sick beats.

'Erotica' is one of her finest songs in terms of production, structure, theme etc and is a song I've grown to appreciate more and more as time passes. 'IDSIF' is more akin to 'Vogue' than 'Erotica' to me. It is more uptempo and a more straight forward 'dance' song.

Definitely my favourite song on Madame X but not as good a song as 'Erotica'.

Erotica. It's a complete package where I Don't Search, I Find sounds like a dub version of a much more complete song that someone mixed. It doesn't help she redoes to "I--iiii" similar to I'm So Stupid. Both good songs but the introduction of Dita, the Jungle Boogie sample reign supreme.

Erotica is a song that covers many emotions and I react differently everytime I hear it.

I can go from taking it very seriously to finding it unbelievably funny which I think is amazing for a song. I think Erotica covers more bases than I Don't Search I Find but that is not to say it is not wonderful on it's own.

I Don't Search I Find seems to go down one path and it's a very happy one. The greatest thing about IDSIF is that it makes that "happiness" sound cool. The whole package sounds cool. It's clarity while Erotica is searching. I think IDSIF is appropriately titled bridging clarity and the "sound" of the Erotica album. 

Overall I tend to like a more complex song which I think Erotica is.