What Is Your Worst Madonna Albums?

baymad4her

13 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

Rebel Heart  is the worst one I think

I think the demos were mainly better than what ended up on the album and was far too many filler type tracks on there - she should have cut the album down to about 10 tracks or even an EP with only the better ones making the selection and in most cases using the demo versions. Diplo and Kayne producted tracks were the worst offenders 

You could always just play the standard edition album.

I feel like MDNA is one of those albums that some fans shitted on when it was released but now, I find it to be more enjoyable listen than Hard Candy. Rebel Heart has some throwaway tracks but its moments of greatness like Ghost Town are too good for me to rank it lower than MDNA or Hard Candy. Madame X is a better album than all three of those easily and you cold argue better than American Life or equaling it. Music and Confessions are hands down her best 2000's work.

Edited by Blond Ambition (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

so hard, from the 80's it's LAV, 90's BS, 00's HC, 10's MDNA, overall I think MDNA, it's just very meh

But these rankings are very complex, albums like BS and Hard Candy, actually even MDNA are quite enjoyable now, but all three were very dated when they came out. Whereas Erotica is forever in my top 5, even though it hasnt exactly aged that well

I said Madame X earlier in this thread.

But it's always annoyed me that Music (the album) sounds like 2 different albums with a Beautiful Stranger tribute in the middle. The switch from the first 3 tracks to "I Deserve It" always leaves me feeling like "....really?". I wish Music was more in keeping with of those first 3 tracks. A track like "Paradise" still fits with that vibe. I feel like American Life balanced those different sounds in a more cohesive way. I just wanted a whole bizarre French house album ok?

Someone needs to make a Tic Tac challenge with that "Singy Singy Singy" break from Impressive Instant.

On 4/4/2022 at 11:52 PM, Pootz333 said:

I said Madame X earlier in this thread.

But it's always annoyed me that Music (the album) sounds like 2 different albums with a Beautiful Stranger tribute in the middle. The switch from the first 3 tracks to "I Deserve It" always leaves me feeling like "....really?". I wish Music was more in keeping with of those first 3 tracks. A track like "Paradise" still fits with that vibe. I feel like American Life balanced those different sounds in a more cohesive way. I just wanted a whole bizarre French house album ok?

Someone needs to make a Tic Tac challenge with that "Singy Singy Singy" break from Impressive Instant.

Yes, Music is not really coherent: Amazing and Runaway Lover should have been "reworked" by Mirwais... anyway, still a great album.

14 minutes ago, Renato Iodice said:

Yes, Music is not really coherent: Amazing and Runaway Lover should have been "reworked" by Mirwais... anyway, still a great album.

??Not me thinking Mirwais produced "Runaway Lover" for the last 20 years lol

Well that makes even more sense. I like the vocals on "Runaway Lover" but musically it feels like it doesn't really go anywhere. "Amazing" is a perfect pop song that I would love to hear reworked. Especially what Mirwais could have done with it back then. I think people would appreciate it much more if it didn't sound so derivative of "Beautiful Stranger"/ROL remix.

7 hours ago, Pootz333 said:

ally it feels like it doesn't really go anywhere. "Amazing" is a perfect pop song that I would love to hear reworked. Especia

Yes, at the time I was hoping so for more work with Orbit a la the power of goodybe or frozen...Music has nothing to do with that, but it´s great on its own. At the first I did not understand at all she was changing the producer, but after hearing the album you know she was absolutely right: the orbit tracks are ok but nothing very special or new or groundbreaking at that point, whereas you had never listened something like don´t tell me on your whole life. Runaway lover, wit the time I like it more, cause she sounds angelic, but really it is very plain and goes nowhere..I think for William Orbit to shine, it has to be with Patrick Leonard songwriting or something like that. Interestingly, with Mirwais she has worked much more on different albums.

3 hours ago, Drownedboy said:

Yes, at the time I was hoping so for more work with Orbit a la the power of goodybe or frozen...Music has nothing to do with that, but it´s great on its own. At the first I did not understand at all she was changing the producer, but after hearing the album you know she was absolutely right: the orbit tracks are ok but nothing very special or new or groundbreaking at that point, whereas you had never listened something like don´t tell me on your whole life. Runaway lover, wit the time I like it more, cause she sounds angelic, but really it is very plain and goes nowhere..I think for William Orbit to shine, it has to be with Patrick Leonard songwriting or something like that. Interestingly, with Mirwais she has worked much more on different albums.

Agreed. Mirwais and Orbit are a little bit hit or miss for me. I loved William's mixes of "Gone" and "Cyberagga". Of course ROL and all his previous mixes for her. And his personal remixes from MDNA are some of my favorites from the last few years. Loved what Mirwais did with Music and American Life but didn't really care for Madame X at all.

• 8 months later...
On 5/13/2021 at 3:29 AM, Chris said:

For me, from favourite to least favorite;

1. Madonna
  2. Like a Virgin
  3. Confessions on a Dance Floor
  4. Bedtime Stories
  5. Music
  6. True Blue
  7. American Life
  8. Like a Prayer
  9. Madame X