What Is Your Worst Madonna Albums?

baymad4her

I hope someday every fan will get to know how great she is, but I'm afraid it's impossible for many , even though they try...

A Madonna fan thinking LAV  isn't good enough should be the last thing we see on earth before apocalypse. There's nothing wrong with Shoo Bee Doo.

Those who can't find strong melodies in  Hard Candy, Madame X,  and want Patrick Leonard to come and save her...  sorry but you're not very good at melodies, they are so much  stronger and stickier than LAP melodies, that are not very sticky.

The problem after Confessions is not any loss of quality or artistry,  it's that musical  scene changed and  all of the older artists,  even good music in general,  were  not promoted in the musical media as they used to be,  replaced by teen things, regueton and that kind of horrors,  so public won't care for this albums if they are not popular, no matter how good they are ,  as they wouldn't care for LAP  if it  was not in tv and radio all the time.

So if you really care about her,  there's a very good new for you:  she's so much better than you think!

Edited by like a light (see edit history)

10 hours ago, like a light said:

I hope someday every fan will get to know how great she is, but I'm afraid it's impossible for many , even though they try...

It is possible to know how great she is--I don't think we'd be here if we didn't think so--and not like everything she's ever done. No artist is going to have a perfect discography across 40 years of work. At some point they're going to make an album that just doesn't do it for everybody. 

I'm 100% positive every album she's released is to someone somewhere her worst one. That doesn't mean they don't recognize greatness. The greatest in history are not great every step of the way. 

20 hours ago, Future Lover said:

And only two of them were capital G good, I’m afraid

I don't think only two are good, the whole album is great. BUT it's an album with a sound of its time. It sounds so 80s.

And if you are not keen for that or you discover it later not when it came out , it won't resound with you personally, much

Acoustic album doesn't mean boring. But if American Life sounds boring to you, it only means you are really boring. Or you haven't heard the record, 'cause it's so energetic, full of fun and emotion. Even the few slower songs are far from boring, and it's all well cooked and far from unfinished demos.

But anything can be unlistenable if you don't get it. Just don't say it's bad just 'cause you don't like it.

For me it's Madame X, unfortunately. I respect what she was trying to do. But on her best albums, her voice is used differently on all the songs. It sounds exactly the same on every Madame X song because of that vocoder. She also used to have all these little unexpected moments and bridges in the middle of her songs and there are none to be found here.  Once you have the first minute of each song, it's exactly the same the rest of the way through. 

On 2/14/2023 at 5:35 AM, adirondak said:

For me it's Madame X, unfortunately. I respect what she was trying to do. But on her best albums, her voice is used differently on all the songs. It sounds exactly the same on every Madame X song because of that vocoder. She also used to have all these little unexpected moments and bridges in the middle of her songs and there are none to be found here.  Once you have the first minute of each song, it's exactly the same the rest of the way through. 

So you think Dark Ballet, Killers, IDSIF, God Control and more don't have unexpected moments and bridges....

Are you a fortune teller to know how Dark Ballet was gonna go just listening the first minute?

Or maybe we've heard different records. My Madame X is full of twists and surprises. There are 3 or 4 different vocal changes in some songs, even Batuka that may seem repetitive at first sight has many changes in rythm and melody...

55 minutes ago, like a light said:

So you think Dark Ballet, Killers, IDSIF, God Control and more don't have unexpected moments and bridges....

Are you a fortune teller to know how Dark Ballet was gonna go just listening the first minute?

Or maybe we've heard different records. My Madame X is full of twists and surprises. There are 3 or 4 different vocal changes in some songs, even Batuka that may seem repetitive at first sight has many changes in rythm and melody...

Dark Ballet did have an unexpected moment, but it didn't hit for me personally. No reason to be mad, it's only my opinion. I love Rebel Heart and a lot of people hate it. I recognize there are people who love Madame X, but for me it's her worst. 

I'm just sad rather than mad when I see people underrating things by wrong ideas.

About American Life,   the reasons  for Rolling Stone  to justify their misappreciation are  she rapping and just learning to play guitar.   Rapping in others like Vogue  is alright for them,  and the guitar in AL is not Madonna's. you know.

They don't say a word about the real reason we all know: political boycott.

8 hours ago, Openyourheart said:

I think Hard Candy, MDNA and Madame X are her weakest 3 albums but personally my least favourite out of them is probably Hard Candy as a whole

I agree with this but I'd say Madame X is her worst. It doesn't have any bangers on it. At least Hard Candy has some guilty pleasures and MDNA has a few decent tracks. Madame X is kind of all over the place lyrically, sonically, and musically

7 hours ago, dankpepe said:

I agree with this but I'd say Madame X is her worst. It doesn't have any bangers on it. At least Hard Candy has some guilty pleasures and MDNA has a few decent tracks. Madame X is kind of all over the place lyrically, sonically, and musically

In my opinion Madame X at least had more artistic merit. I really like Crazy and God Control and think they're very catchy. Hard Candy is an overlong forgettable blur to me but I can see the guilty pleasure argument

For me Madame X falls in the category of nothing really, cause I don´t agree about its artistic merit, nor I don´t think it´s experimental, nor it is any good and it has nothing likeable about it or commercial about it: just a pretentious album with bad lyrics, bad vocals, poor melodies in very long and repetitive songs. ROL was a moment of total inspiration and she did experimented and everything clicked perfect, from the lyrics to her amazing voice, to the unforgetable melodies, the superb and risky production to the strikingly beautiful cover and design, not surprised it was such a hit cause it was a gem of an album, but not with madame x sorry.

Hard Candy is not ROL, ok, but at least it had some fun and catchy moments, it was a record for having fun without any pretention, her tour was amazing, she was in a cool moment of popularity and her tour made billions.

When I think about Madame x era, I become depressed.