What Is Your Worst Madonna Albums?

baymad4her

Well, is all about a personal taste so don't hate me for what I'm going to say but mine is "Ray of light". The same way I didn't like much "Hard candy" when it was released as time goes by I can say that I like it (not my favorite but I enjoy it),,, "Ray of light" was the opposite to me... In 1998 I was all day listening to it and all the songs were incredible and was almost the perfect album... Maybe I listened to it so much that I got tired of it. Who knows?

And though it's not a studio album I think that "Celebration" is the worst of them all. Not because the songs, but there's something on it that it doesn't work... In fact I did my own "Celebration" compilation and I think it's much interesting using almost the same tracklist.

It is very difficult to say. All of them mean something to me, including Madame X although I feel there is something that doesn't totally work.

I rarely listen to Like a virgin, apart from Material girl, Angel and Stay.

We all know that in the past decade things have been different. Of the newest albums I think the one I like the most is Hard Candy.

Like a Virgin - This album was a total sellout. It's an album made for the masses and it lacks the artistic integrity the other 3 80s albums had.

Erotica - Literally her most overrated album. I know it was shunned for a long time but rightfully so I'd say. The songs sound incredibly dated and there's too much "talking" on the tracks. I'm a a person who pays a lot of attention to catchy melodies and this album just doesn't have it and if it does, it's covered in terrible production.

Madame X - The failed pitch correction ruins almost the entire album. The lyrics on the Mirwais tracks are kind of nonsensical and amateurishly written.

MDNA - An album filled with songs that were intended for other artists and Madonna at her very worst artistically.

6 hours ago, baymad4her said:

Hard Candy - This is when Madonna started following trends instead of making them.

While I know what you are saying, Madonna has really ALWAYS chased trends. The difference is if it actually works or not. And I think Pharrel, Timbaland, Madonna, and Timberlake was a recipe for AMAZINGNESS... and what we got was just pretty good or worse. 

Bedtime Stories has Babyface and elements of TLC and Bjork

MUSIC was pretty much a Madonna/Daft Punk collab

I'm pretty sure her whole ballad period between BS and Evita was because of Whitney Houston and Celine Dion ruling the charts. 

Sorry I know this wasn't even the reason for your post, but I think people forget that M has always chased trends and thats not the problem with Hard Candy. It's pretty evident when Candy Shop is actually a good song when the music is changed around a bit. 

If I had to choose an album to be on the bottom I would probably choose True Blue.

Although I like the majority of songs on the album I think its sounds incredibly dated and doesn't flow very well for me. White Heat kills the boner I have after the one, two punch of Papa Don't Preach and Open Your Heart and then following with Live to Tell, which is an amazing song... it just doesn't belong there to me. And then to end with jimmy Jimmy and Love Makes the World Go Round. ? These are the first songs on albums that I just do NOT like. 

On 8/23/2019 at 8:53 PM, DickTracy said:

Wooh... child... someone done dragged Like A Virgin with its pristine, genre-bending/era-defining Nile Rodgers production.... this thread is dangerous. LAV set the roadmap.

david letterman smoking GIF

LAV was her first 'well show us then' album.
See the 'what would your choice of singles' type of threads for proof.

Clear enough ?

59 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

this thread is dangerous. LAV set the roadmap.

Aren't all threads like these THE SAME anyway? I'd love that people who often bash her last 4 records to create a thread where they explain why they continue following Madonna in the first place so they don't look like people who only come for the downloads and to shake off the stress of their daily jobs:coffee:

50 minutes ago, madgefan said:

Aren't all threads like these THE SAME anyway? I'd love that people who often bash her last 4 records to create a thread where they explain why they continue following Madonna in the first place so they don't look like people who only come for the downloads and to shake off the stress of their daily jobs:coffee:

Change is hard for people. 

This is a hard one for me. I would have to say I don’t really connect with Bedtime Story or Madame X.

I think the only song lately I’ve been really into is Looking For Mercy. But the rest hit me hard in a way that it wasn’t exactly fitting with my musics tastes at them moment. Which is fine. I’m over it now. What I like about the Madame X ERA, is her social presence. It’s nice to see what she’s doing day to day instead of in the 90s and 00s where she was sort of a mystery on a daily basis.

Madonna has made records with vinyl in mind.
Cd the same.
Streaming songs that do well are often based on stuff from those day but the chillblains don't know that.
Madam X if nothing else is her says 'fuck it' and trying s o m e t h i n g different ?
Madam X II - The Remix's will drop any day soon.
Or would have 20 years ago.
The 'Demo Assembly As Of 6-6-97' sounds vaguely Indian [?] ala Blancmange etc, there's another tangent I hope.
Most of her demos sound better than the finished releases.
UHM....why go on about her worst ?