What Is Your Worst Madonna Albums?

baymad4her

19 hours ago, LVX said:

I hardly ever listen to the first album. It’s just too monotonous for me. 

Without it you wouldn't be here.

monotonous

/məˈnɒt(ə)nəs/

Learn to pronounce

adjective

dull, tedious, and repetitious; lacking in variety and interest.

"the statistics that he quotes with monotonous regularity"

synonyms:tedious, boring, dull, uninteresting, unexciting, wearisome, tiresome, repetitive, repetitious, unvarying, unchanging, unvaried, lacking variety, without variety, humdrum, ho-hum, routine, mechanical, mind-numbing, soul-destroying, prosaic, run-of-the-mill, uneventful, unrelieved, dreary, plodding, colourless, featureless, dry as dust, uniform, monochrome;More

(of a sound or utterance) lacking in variation in tone or pitch.

"her slurred monotonous speech"

synonyms:toneless, flat, unvarying, uninflected, droning, soporific

"a monotonous voice"

There are things I like about every album, to be fair. However, I'll say:

MDNA - I'm sure we can all agree this isn't her best. The production seems messy at times, and it's not her best lyrically. I think a lot of the songs could have been cut and she could've made it a 12-track album.

Like a Virign - I guess I just don't listen to it that much, unless you count the edition with Into the Groove. Sure, there are some classics on here, but out of all her classic hits, the ones here are my least favourite (excluding Into the Groove).

Hard Candy - I'm kind of feeling "meh" about this album now. I liked it when it first came out, but I was also 12 years old when it came out. There are songs on that album I like but as a whole, it's certainly not her best.

On 8/23/2019 at 8:33 PM, Bitch I’m Madonna said:

Like a Virgin - This album was a total sellout. It's an album made for the masses and it lacks the artistic integrity the other 3 80s albums had.

Erotica - Literally her most overrated album. I know it was shunned for a long time but rightfully so I'd say. The songs sound incredibly dated and there's too much "talking" on the tracks. I'm a a person who pays a lot of attention to catchy melodies and this album just doesn't have it and if it does, it's covered in terrible production.

Madame X - The failed pitch correction ruins almost the entire album. The lyrics on the Mirwais tracks are kind of nonsensical and amateurishly written.

MDNA - An album filled with songs that were intended for other artists and Madonna at her very worst artistically.

'MDNA - An album filled with songs that were intended for other artists and Madonna at her very worst artistically.'

* Really ? please tell me

7 hours ago, into the erotico said:

'MDNA - An album filled with songs that were intended for other artists and Madonna at her very worst artistically.'

* Really ? please tell me

Some Girls was a Britney Spears reject recorded by Bebe Rexha.

Bang Bang was originally a Mika reject recorded by Priscilla Renea.

Girl Gone Wild, Love Spent, I'm a Sinner and many others were written before Madonna took them. She was busy directing W./E. so there wasn't a lot of time for her to actually get in the studio and write a bunch of songs, so she asked William Orbit and Benny Benassi if they had any good song rejects they had done with other artists for her to use. The only ones she has actually written and recorded herself were:

I'm Addicted

Best Friend

I Don't Give A

B-Day Song

I Fucked Up

Superstar

Give Me All Your Luvin' (possibly)

Beautiful Killer (possibly)

Masterpiece (possibly)

...the majority of these make up the worst portion of this album.

Personally speaking, I find Madame X are clearly and easily her most un-enjoyable album.... there isn't a song on it that I love. I Rise, Crave and God Control are just okay songs I feel. A lot of the instrument sounds and the vocoder on her voice just simply irritate me. Many of the songs I dislike so much that they grate on my nerves. I don't understand any language besides English, so many songs I don't even know what she is singing. Plus, I feel it's more of a world album that a pop record. Usually her albums are infused with a particular sound, but the bones of it is still pop. I feel the pop is completely gone in Madame X. I'll never forget listening to it for the first time in my car with my friend and we were both so disappointed. It was so awful that we kept checking to see how much longer we had to listen until it was over. At times we laughed, asking if this was a joke. I have NEVER done that before with any of her albums. I love literally every other album though, some more than others naturally. 

4 hours ago, jtrover said:

Personally speaking, I find Madame X are clearly and easily her most un-enjoyable album.... there isn't a song on it that I love. I Rise, Crave and God Control are just okay songs I feel. A lot of the instrument sounds and the vocoder on her voice just simply irritate me. Many of the songs I dislike so much that they grate on my nerves. I don't understand any language besides English, so many songs I don't even know what she is singing. Plus, I feel it's more of a world album that a pop record. Usually her albums are infused with a particular sound, but the bones of it is still pop. I feel the pop is completely gone in Madame X. I'll never forget listening to it for the first time in my car with my friend and we were both so disappointed. It was so awful that we kept checking to see how much longer we had to listen until it was over. At times we laughed, asking if this was a joke. I have NEVER done that before with any of her albums. I love literally every other album though, some more than others naturally. 

Totally agree. I'm so disappointed by Madame X. No wonder it's her worst selling album. Totally bombed in UK charts. Entered at number 2 and out the top 100 in just 5 weeks ?

MDNA for me but I do like many aspects of it. Single songs rather than an album experience. However, Some Girls is like a black hole in Madonnas album discography. So empty and soulless and should not be on the main track list. I like the idea of Falling Free but that nasal, snotty vocal completely destroys the track for me. So lazy. Gang Bang was exciting at first but got tiresome very quickly.

But I absolutely love Masterlpiece and I'm Addicted.

7 hours ago, Karma said:

Hard Candy. Catchy songs but the Timbaland / Pharrell production aged like milk and the album cover its her worst by far.

The production does not bother me too much, but what really gets on my nerves is both Timberland and Timberlake not being able to stop cutting in, grunting and groaning all over the tracks. 

I'm not too crazy about Like A Prayer, Like A Virgin and Rebel Heart. I know people will definitely disagree with me haha. :Madonna032:

There are songs on them that I do like, but most of them are songs that I skip/don't listen to very often. When I look at those albums as a whole, I don't find them nearly as attractive as the majority of her albums.

Well, I believe my least favorite album is Bedtime Stories, I like the singles, but the rest of the album it just doesn't work for me.

Like a Virgin I probably listened once or twice the whole album.

MDNA I hated since the first time I listen to it, but it grown on me after I watched the tour. Btw, all of her last works has grown on me after I watched the tour.

Wow, I'm surprised by Madame X comments. Before the forum closed, it was praised and it's interesting to see the reception to it now. I do agree a lot of the vocal effects and manipulation renders a lot of the songs pointless or half-baked. Batuka for example would sound so much better with her natural voice versus the nasal pitched bot that they made her be.

My choice are Hard Candy and Music. Hard Candy for Pharrell encouraging her to sing in that high pitch voice replicating her early days that becomes grating on bits of songs. Candy Shop, Heartbeat, She's Not Me, Incredible, Spanish Lesson. It works on some songs but others it's murder. "Can you hear me call your naaaaayyyymmeeee?" It also doesn't help as another member said that JT and Timbaland are everywhere moaning, grunting and doing god knows what during songs. There were far better tracks that ended up on the cutting room floor especially Pela Tute and Across The Sky. (way better than Miles Away)

Music because it's just an album outside of the singles and Paradise I never really connected with. Gone and Amazing, Impressive Instant at times are good to listen to but as a whole it doesn't gel with me the way a lot of her other albums do. It's nothing to do with vocals, lyrics or production but an album I don't revisit.