What Is Your Worst Madonna Albums?

baymad4her

1 minute ago, into the erotico said:

you are such a kid! :cute:

I don't know!

I don't bash Madonna! I only critisize her act

you have just had a full on rant slagging her off about plastic surgery and skin care line  ..how is that her act ? go do something more positive with your life like email kate bush and ask her when if ever she plans or recording a new mediocre album anytime soon and leave madonna fans alone lol

20 hours ago, PWCCA said:

Yes he is, but he is also putting out quality work that the GP wants to hear. We cannot constantly throw out the 'oh but she is a woman' excuse to explain all failures... Madonna is/was the most famous woman in the world, for over 20 years she completely dominated the industry... but now, many people have no clue who she is. There is the issue and its an issue very much of her own creation

Someone told her the type of songs for vinyl don't sell.
The last few 'albums' have tried to predict what will Stream.
She has moved further away musically from what a Madonna record :laughing: is meant to sound like.
Madam X is an attempt to find A New Market, hence all the 'it's Portuguese'....don't you get it....hype.
All the remixes do is is hammer-on a '90's/''00's sound to make them more recognisably 'Madonna'.
Kate Bush ?
How long have you got ??
Like say The Cocteau Twins....Kate Bush can do NO WRONG to her devotees.
Touring...sing 'live'.....who needs too....:pop:

On 10/8/2019 at 10:57 AM, RinoTheBouncer said:

Yeah, I don't hate any Madonna album. I love them all, but there are some that I listen to much less than others, which are the ones I listed.

I just mentioned Donna Summer on another page.
On her CV quoted online, it says she's sung everything from Gospel to Rock.
How many styles would you attribute Madge with ?

It's kinda natural NOT to like everything by any artist.
As for all that Mariah or, or, or who-this-week is shyte= isn't Madonna wonderful baloney I can't stand. :thinker:

Post Confessions something changed. It felt more and more like her producers were becoming more dominant. Actually I might even say post American Life, but I am not aware enough of Stuart Price's work.

Hard Candy/MDNA  especially sound like the producers album wth guest vocalist Madonna.

She has had dud songs (like all artists) has had an album that didn't quite hit the grade (like all artists), but post Confessions it just feels like she stopped caring about music and became more concerned with her message and activism. She is so much more alive when she is spreading her political/social idealism, but it feels like she lost her passion for the actual music and it is just there to service her message.

So for me the list really is Hard Candy/MDNA/Rebel Heart/Madame X

1 hour ago, me1981 said:

Post Confessions something changed. It felt more and more like her producers were becoming more dominant. Actually I might even say post American Life, but I am not aware enough of Stuart Price's work.

Hard Candy/MDNA  especially sound like the producers album wth guest vocalist Madonna.

She has had dud songs (like all artists) has had an album that didn't quite hit the grade (like all artists), but post Confessions it just feels like she stopped caring about music and became more concerned with her message and activism. She is so much more alive when she is spreading her political/social idealism, but it feels like she lost her passion for the actual music and it is just there to service her message.

So for me the list really is Hard Candy/MDNA/Rebel Heart/Madame X

I wholeheartedly agree with this, event though I very much love MDNA, Rebel Heart and Madame X.

But generally speaking, and especially in the singles she releases (most notably the lead) she doesn’t seem to care about making a good song or a good music video. It’s like she just wants someone famous to be present with her, and she seems to believe that it’s gonna be a hit just because this new hit maker is featured, without it actually being a good song.

Everything about her career after Confessions, felt like a low budget replica of her past works with some twist and the presence of a one hit wonder or new hit maker. Look at the single artworks, music videos, everything beside her tours, is pretty low budget. 

She also seems to have the tendency to release the worst songs as singles just because they seem “radio-friendly” with the rent a rapper thing since Hard Candy, which totally sets the wrong mood for the album, fails with the general public and disappoints hardcore fans who expect more exposure to the songs that genuinely show her talent.

MDNA has some of my most favorite Madonna songs of all time, but none of those were reflected with good promo, single treatment or good music videos. Some weren’t even performed on the tour. I appreciate Madonna’s career as a whole, but I can’t say the impact of her work and the quality of say Give Me All Your Luvin’ or Living For Love or Medellín, are anywhere near Frozen as a lead single or a music video. 

Hard Candy doesn't feel like an original Madonna album to me. It has some good songs but they all sound like kidnapped from Timbalands other artists. Hard Candy wanted to be another Loose or FutureSex/LoveSounds, but ended up being Body of Evidence instead of Basic Instinct. Hard Candy is my least loved Madonna album, but I wouldn't call it bad.

Just now, Levon said:

Hard Candy doesn't feel like an original Madonna album to me. It has some good songs but they all sound like kidnapped from Timbalands other artists. Hard Candy wanted to be another Loose or FutureSex/LoveSounds, but ended up being Body of Evidence instead of Basic Instinct. Hard Candy is my least loved Madonna album, but I wouldn't call it bad.

I never liked Hard Candy at all, it felt like she was jumping on trends, instead of creating them. I don't think she's been as creative since COADF, I still remember when Hung Up came out, it was a masterpiece, everybody loved it.

Just now, Kieran said:

It’s a very mixed bag for me and one that I don’t enjoy as much as an album compared to all the others. Is it the production, lyrics, themes, track list... or literally everything that you don’t like?

It is definitely the production. The first released songs really excited me, ‘I Rise’ and ‘Crave’ in particular. The melodies were there, the lyrics were on point, the attitude and themes were right, but the production just sounded half-baked and over-Autotuned, so I hoped the rest of the album would be an improvement and she had saved the best for later. It was the complete opposite. This is the exhibition of how an album that would have been amazing could be butchered by horrible production.