What Is Your Worst Madonna Albums?

baymad4her

Hard Candy and MDNA are top spots for worst albums. 

That's when she started sounding like a guest on her own records. She also started working with producers who had bigger egos than she did, so her presence was going to be buried a bit underneath it all.

Which is why she shines on albums like Erotica, American Life, Confessions, Ray of Light: the producers arent trying to cram their bullshit into a Madonna record. 

Madame X takes some getting used to and it is a challenging listen, which is why I love it. But Mirwais knows his place, so you feel Madonna's presence on it more.

He's not trying to outshine her. Solveig, Diplo, Timbaland and Pharell were.

Madonna has had fleeting moments of popularity, but she's at her best when she's being experimental: Ray of Light, American Life, Madame X are tops for me.

Though I do love Confessions, Rebel Heart and Erotica. I played the hell out of Rebel Heart. The production on some tracks just sounds rushed and it feels like some of the tracks were altered just to get them to differ from the leaks.

She had an anthem on her hands with Avicii's dance mix of Rebel Heart. Shouldve been a single.

But I enjoy the darker, moodier, more sophisticated side of Madame X.

My least favorite Madonna album is Like a Virgin.  It feels the least Madonnaesque.  We still got LAV, MG, Angel, LDLHA +DYU from this endeavour.  I also love Stay and Europe added ITG!  So I adore (6)... I mean (7) songs from my least favorite album.  That is more songs than I like on any other artist's "best"album outside of Prince.  I guess that I am truly a fan.  

• 5 months later...

The worst album of all the time of Madonna and i name: EROTICA. Where's is here her good music (in the opposites, the last album Like a Prayer was very good) in the past and she lived very well with the the futures albums (Ray of Light was a genius, a masterpiece and her album to date).

Also, i'm not a fan of American Life and Madame X, I like few songs of the albums, but theses two albums included many horrors of the disc.

I'm not judging about MDNA and Rebel Heart, i didn't listen the albums, i listen theses songs of the album on Youtube later.

Revisiting what I said earlier in this thread and it doesn't change.  There isn't an album I can really throw under the bus.  There are albums that I don't listen as often, but over time I've fell in love with them such as Bedtime Stories.  It's obviously extremely underrated.

I'm grew up loving Madonna from the 80's.  So it's that decade I still have my most fondness for Madonna's music.  Though, she's become a far better vocalist and song writer since then.  She's released some pretty fantastic albums since then.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Shoful said:

From Worst to less Worse:

1. MDNA

2. Hard Candy

3. Like A Virgin

Exactly like me. 

MDNA : Because it's a collection of disposable pop tracks recorded by a Madonna who's soul and mind at the time were into making a movie and not into making an album. This is the only album were almost all the tracks were already already existing by other demo singers. As Orbit said she just came to put her vocals between other projects. Even in a supposed personnal track like "I fucked up" she sings like the song is about pink elephants flying in the sky... 

HARD CANDY : Not that bad but just came two years too late. The Timbaland era was coming to an end when M jump on the (late) bandwagon... and yes, it's also the first she literally jumped on a bandwagon without adding anything new to the mix. Also that horrible artwork...

LIKE A VIRGIN : An iconic album in the way that it put Madonna to superstardom worldwide but i have to say that this is the album that has aged the most. The debut album release two years before sounds fresh even today. The artwork picture is sublime though.

On 3/28/2020 at 1:09 PM, MarXus said:

Revisiting what I said earlier in this thread and it doesn't change.  There isn't an album I can really throw under the bus.  There are albums that I don't listen as often, but over time I've fell in love with them such as Bedtime Stories.  It's obviously extremely underrated.

I'm grew up loving Madonna from the 80's.  So it's that decade I still have my most fondness for Madonna's music.  Though, she's become a far better vocalist and song writer since then.  She's released some pretty fantastic albums since then.

source.gif