What Is Your Worst Madonna Albums?

baymad4her

15 hours ago, Jet said:

Thank you! I’ve always hated “hung up”and can only really listen to “forbidden love”, “let it will be” and “jump”. I just really didn’t get the whole thing, the naff album title, the dull videos, the awful hair and outfits, the boring tour except for paradise and erotica…it just wasn’t for me but I know a lot of fans love it, just not me ??‍♂️ It’s a toss up between this and music for my least favourite but “paradise”, which is one of the best things she’s ever done, and “gone” save music for me.

Yeah, Cry Baby, I'm Going Bananas, Hanky Panky, Now I'm etc etc better than Hung Up, Sorry, Don't Tell Me and Music :lol:

And let's not forget the Blond Ambition's Dick Tracy segment, better than the whole Confessions Tour :lol:

Madonna fans, they are an unbelievable source of unintentionally fun :lol:

1 hour ago, Jet said:

Well yeah, I think songs like something to remember, he’s a man, back in business etc are way better than hung up! Her voice is stronger and she sings with passion.They’re both completely different albums, I’d just rather listen to I’m breathless, it’s also a product of an awesome time to experience as a Madonna fan and it just means more to me personally ??‍♂️ And the blond ambition tour can’t be compared to confessions.

Yeah, let me think about it... oh wait, it's such a great album that:

Madonna "sang" only two tracks on Blond Ambition Tour (the awful Hanky Panky as well as Sooner or Later): ok, there's Vogue but let's face it, it really doesn't belong to the soundtrack.

it had just one single with video: even Who's That Girl had three singles... but let me guess:  forgettable tracks such as He's a Man, Back in Business deserved a video, right? Oh yeah, they would have been such powerful hits :-D

often forgotten by critics and general public;

worst selling album on ITunes;

least reproduced album on Spotify;

and so on.

And it's not a product of an awesome time: it's just a cheap, coarse album, done in a hurry for the promotion of a forgettable blockbuster... I guess nostalgia is playing an important role on your passion for that chore, but it doesn't change the fact that, Vogue aside, I'm Breathless is her worst album, along with MDNA, Rebel and Madame X.

Anyway, it tells me a lot about your musical tastes, as well as your personality :lol:

Edited by Renato Iodice (see edit history)

15 hours ago, Renato Iodice said:

Madonna "sang" only two tracks on Blond Ambition Tour (the awful Hanky Panky as well as Sooner or Later): ok, there's Vogue but let's face it, it really doesn't belong to the soundtrack.

it had just one single with video: even Who's That Girl had three singles... but let me guess:  forgettable tracks such as He's a Man, Back in Business deserved a video, right? Oh yeah, they would have been such powerful hits :-D

and so on.

And it's not a product of an awesome time: it's just a cheap, coarse album, done in a hurry for the promotion of a forgettable blockbuster... I guess nostalgia is playing an important role on your passion for that chore, but it doesn't change the fact that, Vogue aside, I'm Breathless is her worst album, along with MDNA, Rebel and Madame X.

Anyway, it tells me a lot about your musical tastes, as well as your personality :lol:

You always get so confrontational about things you like and dislike. You know that just because you don't like something it doesn't mean that others are stupid for liking it? 

I'm Breathless is actually really well produced, it's just not meant to be taken seriously. 

I love Madame X, Rebel heart and Hard candy and I even like MDNA every now and then, does that tell you a lot about my personality? Am I being unintentionally funny? ?

16 hours ago, Renato Iodice said:

and so on.

This must be Warren Beatty, I'm sure he's the only one who would take things so seriously to make a point at how bad this album supossedly is.
Hi Warren!! :fingerclick::crazyeyes:

3 hours ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

You always get so confrontational about things you like and dislike. You know that just because you don't like something it doesn't mean that others are stupid for liking it? 

I'm Breathless is actually really well produced, it's just not meant to be taken seriously. 

I love Madame X, Rebel heart and Hard candy and I even like MDNA every now and then, does that tell you a lot about my personality? Am I being unintentionally funny? ?

No, because I like Hard Candy too ;-)

On 5/24/2021 at 1:49 PM, Jet said:

Thank you! I’ve always hated “hung up”and can only really listen to “forbidden love”, “let it will be” and “jump”. I just really didn’t get the whole thing, the naff album title, the dull videos, the awful hair and outfits, the boring tour except for paradise and erotica…it just wasn’t for me but I know a lot of fans love it, just not me ??‍♂️ It’s a toss up between this and music for my least favourite but “paradise”, which is one of the best things she’s ever done, and “gone” save music for me.

I'll have to disagree about "The Confessions Tour". In my opinion, that is the best tour she's ever done. I love the futuristic sound, the outfits, the dancing. Absolute perfection.

The only thing that pisses me off, is that it's not released on Blu-ray. 

Hard Candy.

The producers made what they wanted and Madonna's signature isn't really there. Sure, there are some elements that evoked her previous stuff, but they were shallow.

The vocals are horrible on Pharrell songs.

The album is inferior in comparison to Justin Timberlake and Nelly Furtado albums.

A lot of people would drag MDNA for using demos of other artists and call Madonna lazy, but at least Madonna reworked those demos and it sounded like a Madonna album.

I get some fans who think Madame X is the worst. It is a moody album, but at least it has some artistic integrity in comparison to Hard Candy.

On 5/24/2021 at 9:09 AM, BadGurlMadge said:

Personally I feel like they’re sister and brother albums, of course she did that to clear up her image. But for some reason it feels like the albums are connected in terms of vocals etc

i agree. It is as if "Erotica' is the side A and 'Bedtime Stories' the side B. The passion, kinks, or the dark side of sex and the more romantic and fluffy side of it.

• 1 month later...