What Is Your Worst Madonna Albums?

baymad4her

On 6/3/2021 at 6:41 PM, BadGurlMadge said:

exactly!! it’s like a movie. bedtime stories is the romantic stuff meanwhile erotica is the intense, even the aesthetics are similar and you could see it being the same person but during different emotions 

Yeah They really are two sides of the same coin. But I do feel like this is a thing with Madonna. Her Warner albums do fall into pairs either sonically, thematically  or story arc.

Madonna - Like A Virgin

True Blue - Like A Prayer

Erotica - Bedtime Stories

Ray Of Light - Music

American Life - Confessions

22 minutes ago, BadGurlMadge said:

The rest are correct but?

Confession and American Life deal with very similar topics but one is wearing a beret and one is wearing a leotard and coming at the topics from slightly different angles.

Xstatic Process - Push (contentious dynamics in your romantic relationship)

How High - American Life (Questioning your place in the world and peoples commentary on that)

Nobody Knows Me - Like It Or Not (you think you know me...you don't know me / This is the real me eat it etc)

Let It Will Be - Hollywood (The rise / fall and perils of fame / ambition / disposability)

Mother & Father - Jump (nostalgia and reliving/ relaying the affects of formative years and family. some good..some bad)

Easy Ride / Isaac (analysing ones own mortality and life being a toil and test spirituality, reincarnation, learning)

Get Together - Love Profusion (an intoxicating complicated love or attraction and deciphering what's real) 

There's plenty of similar themes and lyrical crossovers.

After finding myself in this thread I just start playing Madame X.

I learn to value more albums when I listen to them in vinyl instead of custom playlist etc.

Even Hard Candy that I didn't care much when it came out. MDNA I liked it at the beginning because it was so different from Hard Candy but the interest faded fast. Still listening in one go with vinyl is more enjoyable, all the bonus tracks aren't missed.

8 hours ago, Shoful said:

Imagine saying this about her BEST album. How sad do we feel for you... :Madonna041:

Well, some "fans" told me that, after bad albums such as Music, American Life and Confessions, Madame X is a return to form... I thought they were joking, but unfortunately they were serious :cry:

Come on, she was barely even involved in the making of MDNA. She just bought a few songs and changed a comma here and there to get songwriting credit. The songs that she did write are non-sense generic pop songs. It's a fun album and I do listen to it sometimes, but it can hardly stand next to any of her other albums. It's a Britney Spears kind of album. 

13 minutes ago, Shoful said:

Do you really show me a list of rankings? Really?

Then, of course, MDNA is just objectively her worst album, because four rankings say that. Now I can give you four list with Madonna ranking as the worst singer in the world or the worst artist. Using your logic, they would be objectively right...

I can't beat your four "holy" rankings. You are objectively right with MDNA (apparently, that's what you need to hear)

5 hours ago, EgoRod said:

After finding myself in this thread I just start playing Madame X.

I learn to value more albums when I listen to them in vinyl instead of custom playlist etc.

Even Hard Candy that I didn't care much when it came out. MDNA I liked it at the beginning because it was so different from Hard Candy but the interest faded fast. Still listening in one go with vinyl is more enjoyable, all the bonus tracks aren't missed.

Ummm all the bonus tracks are on the vinyl except Falling Free Acoustic 

22 minutes ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

Come on, she was barely even involved in the making of MDNA. She just bought a few songs and changed a comma here and there to get songwriting credit. 

I agree with you, but remember one thing. Madonna needed songs made by others at the beginning of her career. So for me that it's not a problem. And many of her hits are songs written by others with two words changed by her.

22 minutes ago, Let'sGetUnconsciousHoney said:

Come on, she was barely even involved in the making of MDNA. She just bought a few songs and changed a comma here and there to get songwriting credit. The songs that she did write are non-sense generic pop songs. It's a fun album and I do listen to it sometimes, but it can hardly stand next to any of her other albums. It's a Britney Spears kind of album. 

Ummm holiday, like a Virgin, Love don’t live here anymore, papa don’t preach, open your heart, la Isla Bonita, spotlight, vogue, justify my love, Fever, bedtime Story, frozen, Ray of light, sky fits heaven, Candy perfume girl. 
Just a few songs that she bought or ripped off haha.