What Is Your Worst Madonna Albums?

baymad4her

• 3 months later...
On 7/13/2021 at 3:06 PM, Material Girl said:

Even if I listen to it less than others, HARD CANDY is the one I prefer the least.

Hard Candy really is a terrible album which is ironic, seeing as I think it's the album that has been at number one in the most countries.

13 hours ago, baymad4her said:

Hard Candy really is a terrible album which is ironic, seeing as I think it's the album that has been at number one in the most countries.

It's definitely not a terrible album in the slightest. It's a pretty good album in the grand scheme of things. Obviously it's gonna look bad if you compare it to like a prayer, but that's not fair. Compared to albums by Britney, Katy Perry etc? Definitely not bad. I really enjoys it even though I can see its flaws. 

20 hours ago, baymad4her said:

it's really dated and stale. even when it came out in 2008 it was already dated, the sound is very 06/07 and everyone else had already moved on from it. the only songs I listen to from it are Give it to me and Miles Away but only the remixes.

it's a hard one for me to decide my least favourite album. it's a toss up between HC, MDNA, RH and MX. but I did listen to HC, MDNA and RH a lot when they came out but it's been years since I've listened to any of them except a song or two from each I have on playlists. 

and Madame X I just stopped listening it after a couple of weeks, so I guess that's my least favourite album.

Rebel Heart  is the worst one I think

I think the demos were mainly better than what ended up on the album and was far too many filler type tracks on there - she should have cut the album down to about 10 tracks or even an EP with only the better ones making the selection and in most cases using the demo versions. Diplo and Kayne producted tracks were the worst offenders 

13 minutes ago, MDNA22 said:

Rebel Heart  is the worst one I think

I think the demos were mainly better than what ended up on the album and was far too many filler type tracks on there - she should have cut the album down to about 10 tracks or even an EP with only the better ones making the selection and in most cases using the demo versions. Diplo and Kayne producted tracks were the worst offenders 

You could always just play the standard edition album.

I feel like MDNA is one of those albums that some fans shitted on when it was released but now, I find it to be more enjoyable listen than Hard Candy. Rebel Heart has some throwaway tracks but its moments of greatness like Ghost Town are too good for me to rank it lower than MDNA or Hard Candy. Madame X is a better album than all three of those easily and you cold argue better than American Life or equaling it. Music and Confessions are hands down her best 2000's work.

Edited by Blond Ambition

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

so hard, from the 80's it's LAV, 90's BS, 00's HC, 10's MDNA, overall I think MDNA, it's just very meh

But these rankings are very complex, albums like BS and Hard Candy, actually even MDNA are quite enjoyable now, but all three were very dated when they came out. Whereas Erotica is forever in my top 5, even though it hasnt exactly aged that well

I said Madame X earlier in this thread.

But it's always annoyed me that Music (the album) sounds like 2 different albums with a Beautiful Stranger tribute in the middle. The switch from the first 3 tracks to "I Deserve It" always leaves me feeling like "....really?". I wish Music was more in keeping with of those first 3 tracks. A track like "Paradise" still fits with that vibe. I feel like American Life balanced those different sounds in a more cohesive way. I just wanted a whole bizarre French house album ok?

Someone needs to make a Tic Tac challenge with that "Singy Singy Singy" break from Impressive Instant.

On 4/4/2022 at 11:52 PM, Pootz333 said:

I said Madame X earlier in this thread.

But it's always annoyed me that Music (the album) sounds like 2 different albums with a Beautiful Stranger tribute in the middle. The switch from the first 3 tracks to "I Deserve It" always leaves me feeling like "....really?". I wish Music was more in keeping with of those first 3 tracks. A track like "Paradise" still fits with that vibe. I feel like American Life balanced those different sounds in a more cohesive way. I just wanted a whole bizarre French house album ok?

Someone needs to make a Tic Tac challenge with that "Singy Singy Singy" break from Impressive Instant.

Yes, Music is not really coherent: Amazing and Runaway Lover should have been "reworked" by Mirwais... anyway, still a great album.