What Is Your Worst Madonna Albums?

baymad4her

Just now, mark perry said:

Madonna could put the greatest album of her career out and it would have low sales and streams its call ...her age ...if you could please show me a artist of her age who gets big numbers ..please do ..I will wait 

Not necessarily... and we cannot really use age as an excuse here. It definitely wouldn't garner the sales of her back catalogue, but a good, well crafted album would definitely attract decent attention and sales/streams. Older artists are still finding that their work can still be relevant... Springsteen discovered that recently when his new album out-performed Madame X, and still continues to do so (both released on the same day.. he's 70).

Madonna's error is that she hates to look back, and thus neglects her back catalogue in many areas... less hits on tours, no remastered albums, and no care paid to compilations. These are the songs that put her where she is now. She is now trying to forge her career in a generation of people who barely have a clue who she is... a far cry from when she once ruled the music world... falling back on her back catalogue would definitely help her a lot and maintain her relevance in the industry.

Just now, PWCCA said:

Not necessarily... and we cannot really use age as an excuse here. It definitely wouldn't garner the sales of her back catalogue, but a good, well crafted album would definitely attract decent attention and sales/streams. Older artists are still finding that their work can still be relevant... Springsteen discovered that recently when his new album out-performed Madame X, and still continues to do so (both released on the same day.. he's 70).

Madonna's error is that she hates to look back, and thus neglects her back catalogue in many areas... less hits on tours, no remastered albums, and no care paid to compilations. These are the songs that put her where she is now. She is now trying to forge her career in a generation of people who barely have a clue who she is... a far cry from when she once ruled the music world... falling back on her back catalogue would definitely help her a lot and maintain her relevance in the industry.

springsteen is a man ...they are allowed to age and anyway wasnt that just the uk ..im from the uk and its charts suck ...she has outsold him even though he has been going longer so explain that - i dont want madonna to do a kylie and start falling back on her old work etc etc or to do a farewell tour for 100 years like cher ..i want her to create 

4 minutes ago, PWCCA said:

but that would be comprimising her artistic integrity ...i couldnt give a shit if shes not as relevant as she once was ..bowie or prince were not relevant in the later years but they was still creative , i dont want her kissing ass and trying to get the public to like her i want her to be herself and with madame x she is herself and its a solid album tbh ...

Just now, mark perry said:

springsteen is a man ...they are allowed to age and anyway wasnt that just the uk ..im from the uk and its charts suck ...she has outsold him even though he has been going longer so explain that - i dont want madonna to do a kylie and start falling back on her old work etc etc or to do a farewell tour for 100 years like cher ..i want her to create 

Yes he is, but he is also putting out quality work that the GP wants to hear. We cannot constantly throw out the 'oh but she is a woman' excuse to explain all failures... Madonna is/was the most famous woman in the world, for over 20 years she completely dominated the industry... but now, many people have no clue who she is. There is the issue and its an issue very much of her own creation

4 minutes ago, PWCCA said:

Yes he is, but he is also putting out quality work that the GP wants to hear. We cannot constantly throw out the 'oh but she is a woman' excuse to explain all failures... Madonna is/was the most famous woman in the world, for over 20 years she completely dominated the industry... but now, many people have no clue who she is. There is the issue and its an issue very much of her own creation

are madonnas worldwide streaming numbers for madame x not higher than springsteens and isnt his last album just like the rest of his albums lol ...madonna is different to him ...she creates albums as a artist not for a fan base - how can you even say many people dont know who she is ? show me the proof of this ! you mean the 10 year old listening to the king of pop ed sheeran lol if you could please name a singer the same age from madonnas era who is doing great in todays streaming industry please do i will wait 

23 minutes ago, mark perry said:

I would like to know what you consider a great album that is not Madonna ..i feel there is a reason why you feel the need to bash her newest work like you have the best taste in music ever ...please tell im really interested in hearing what other artists you think have better albums as that could speak volumes and explain why your'e so anti new madonna eras ....your'e prob a kylie fan or something ....madame x critically you know actual music critics not some random welsh bloke were pretty good and it pisses all over the likes of the album like a virgin and hard candy and mdna - i just think you have bad taste or prefer a different artist to madonna 

You are either one of her younger fans and are blatantly showing your age here, or are just juvenile in your attitude. I need not respond to much of that because what I like musically is my own business, and has bo relevance to my views on Madonna, whom I have been a fan of for 33 years. My views do not mean that I m a Kylie Stan, or a Maria Stan... or whatever other artist you wish to insert there. My views are my own after being a fan for so long.

Also, Im not Welsh, so don't use my country of abode to somehow ridicule me.

2 minutes ago, PWCCA said:

You are either one of her younger fans and are blatantly showing your age here, or are just juvenile in your attitude. I need not respond to much of that because what I like musically is my own business, and has bo relevance to my views on Madonna, whom I have been a fan of for 33 years. My views do not mean that I m a Kylie Stan, or a Maria Stan... or whatever other artist you wish to insert there. My views are my own after being a fan for so long.

Also, Im not Welsh, so don't use my country of abode to somehow ridicule me.

Youre the one saying nobody knows who Madonna is lol really ...i just find your posts just vile and rancid - madonna said the album madame x was like a follow up to amercan life one of her lowest selling albums ...no if she gave a shit about sales why would she want to follow up one of her lowest selling albums ? shes a artist who just happened to sell loads of records and i respect her for putting out what she wants not what her fans want 

3 minutes ago, mark perry said:

Youre the one saying nobody knows who Madonna is lol really ...i just find your posts just vile and rancid - madonna said the album madame x was like a follow up to amercan life one of her lowest selling albums ...no if she gave a shit about sales why would she want to follow up one of her lowest selling albums ? shes a artist who just happened to sell loads of records and i respect her for putting out what she wants not what her fans want 

If you feel such a way, then please, be my guest, put me on ignore. You are clearly one of those sycophants who just hates to see opposing views and just needs to create drama because of it. It's fine, its rather amusing... keep going.

6 minutes ago, PWCCA said:

If you feel such a way, then please, be my guest, put me on ignore. You are clearly one of those sycophants who just hates to see opposing views and just needs to create drama because of it. It's fine, its rather amusing... keep going.

no i just find it really odd behaviour how youre always negative and the first to post on a negative topic lol or anything that invites you to be negative ...

4 minutes ago, mark perry said:

no i just find it really odd behaviour how youre always negative and the first to post on a negative topic lol or anything that invites you to be negative ...really odd - i wouldnt call you a fan of madonna ..your posts are as smarmy as you look ..prob a mariah stan or something and there are a few anti madonna profiles on this website , the sad bastards need to get a hobby

Well, I don't really care about what you feel about me. I don't know you, and you don't know me. Who really cares? And I don't give a shit about what you feel constitutes a Madonna fan, because, sweetie, it's not up to you. There are many of us on this board, and we all love Madonna in many different ways and for many different reasons. Just because you wanna behave like a triggered snowflake whenever you read something you don't like, doesn't mean that we should all bow down and pay you attention. We don't need a kid like you to define what it means to be a Madonna fan.

Also, I am not a Mariah stan.... and the fact that I (or indeed any of us) like any other artists has absolutely no bearing on my views on Madonna's output over the past 38 years. I do not get into these so-called 'Stan Wars'... clearly, you do. Time to grow up sweetcheeks... its just pop music.

3 hours ago, PWCCA said:

First thanks for all your intelligible responses thusfar.  I don't see you as being "negative" nor are you easily triggered to insult others or accuse them of being some sort of "fan/stan" because of their difference of opinion. 

Regarding Bruce... I have noticed  how he's still doing quite well here in the U.S.  You are right to point out that his album is still selling and streaming decently well.  His fan base still buys albums and loves to go to his shows, so he is doing quite well for himself.  He does have an advantage in the U.S, though. His music is quite accepted as Americana and his songs do resonate very well with the public.  He tends to play it safe in that way.

One thing though that we may slightly disagree on is that I do think Madonna's age and gender does play a role in her lack of success lately.  See, I think Bruce pretty much sticks to his niche', unlike Madonna who takes far more chances when releasing music, including her sound, subject matter and how she promotes herself. I really do feel that her being a woman makes her more polarizing.  Someone like Mick Jagger who can be easily as controversial and sexual as Madonna, rarely gets negative attention for the things he does.  Also, while I would agree that some of her music in the past has just been following some trends, but songs such as "Girl Gone Wild" or even "Turn up The Radio" which are extremely radio friendly, got a pass when I have no doubt that anyone much younger could have recorded those same songs and scored a huge hit from it. I realize that some will trash those songs, but the fact of the matter is; those were very much types of songs you would hear on the radio especially in the U.S.  

So yeah, I feel she does suffer from ageism and sexism in that aspect. Though, Madame X is a totally different ballgame all together.  Much of the album is experimental in a way and I don't see a lot of success on radio with those songs.  Still, Bruce releases something that is very much exactly what he's been releasing for years and he's being revered for it, while Madonna does something more experimental and different and I don't see the same sort of interest in her album.  The reviews have been pretty much kind to her, but we know that good reviews doesn't necessarily help sell albums. 

Edited by Mark Collins (see edit history)

18 hours ago, PWCCA said:

If you want great albums, look at her output in the 80s, 90s, and early/mid 2000s. Thats what really great Madonna music sounds like. I'm no 'hater' (as the more juvenile here would like to label me), I'm just an old fan who has been here since the mid-80s and can recognise where (I feel) the quality of her musical output has dropped. People may disagree with me, and that is perfectly fine, we all have our own views. Madonna has had a very long career, and we all became fans at different points along her journey... and as such, we all have different expectations from her musical output.

And to address your last point... most of the music she has put out after Confessions is rather lacking (I'm not actually too crazy about Confessions either, but it was pretty much trademark Madonna, and it put her name on everyone's lips). Hard Candy was trash, MDNA was lacking and rather subpar (with the exception of Beautiful Killer, which was an absolutely brilliant track... sadly neglected), Rebel Heart was a patchwork mess (you could craft an album that is 10 times better from the demo leftovers, and that's rather unfortunate. When the big leak happened, we actually got a much better album in that lot than when the actual album was released). And Madame X... well that one is just not that great.... but had she not used the extreme vocal manipulation it could have been at least half-decent (which would account for its abysmal sales and low streams).

These are just my views, I do not claim to speak the opinions of others, and others will either share or oppose my views... and thats totally fine. A forum like this would become rather dull and uninteresting if we all agreed on everything.

:clapp:

18 hours ago, mark perry said:

are madonnas worldwide streaming numbers for madame x not higher than springsteens and isnt his last album just like the rest of his albums lol ...madonna is different to him ...she creates albums as a artist not for a fan base - how can you even say many people dont know who she is ? show me the proof of this ! you mean the 10 year old listening to the king of pop ed sheeran lol if you could please name a singer the same age from madonnas era who is doing great in todays streaming industry please do i will wait 

it is true.. a lot young peiple do not know her or believe her last album was...'Confessions on a dancefloor' or.. 'Hung Up'..

3 minutes ago, into the erotico said:

it is true.. a lot young peiple do not know her or believe her last album was...'Confessions on a dancefloor' or.. 'Hung Up'..

a lot of young gay people think that because it was so gay friendly ..it does not mean that since her albums are trash as the man from wales said 

4 minutes ago, into the erotico said:

These albums to me, are subpar for a 'Madonna' product. I feel nowhere her spark. Buy saying that a lot op people believe that her last album is/was "Confessions' i mean she is no longer interesting/relevant to the general public, not the gay market.

ghostown for me is one of madonnas greatest songs ever - beautiful killer for me is pure madonna and has the madonna spark ..you just have to come to terms with the fact she is not ever going to repeat herself musically i think you have to be a huge fan to understand madonnas art not a casual fan for me madame x is better than like a virgin and rebel heart is absolutely jam packed with madonnas spark ...

10 minutes ago, into the erotico said:

These albums to me, are subpar for a 'Madonna' product. I feel nowhere her spark. Buy saying that a lot op people believe that her last album is/was "Confessions' i mean she is no longer interesting/relevant to the general public, not the gay market.

name a 61 year old female artist who is interesting or relevant to the general public . bruce springsteen is a man and sadly he prob does have a more supportive fanbase ...i feel a lot of madonna fans skipped buying madame x due to the collabs etc etc ..a protest almost ..madonna was aware this would happen she did it anyway and you have to respect her for that decision ...she does not give in to peer pressure and madame x will age better than lets say like a virgin has , if other artists from the 80s for eg janet jackson were doing fantastic or even kylie or mariah carey i would be worried however they are not , its everything to do with her age 

Those two songs are nice. But what about the others? I think Madonna does not care for the output of her cds because she knows that her shows will be sold out. She and Oseray care only about money. Take a look at the overpriced crap memorabilia they sale.. As far MDNA is concerned, even the artwork is copied from a 2004 album (i dont remember the name of the band). You are right, 'Fan' is an abbrevation of the word 'fanatic' which i am not. I prefer to analyse things from a distance. 

6 minutes ago, into the erotico said:

Those two songs are nice. But what about the others? I think Madonna does not care for the output of her cds because she knows that her shows will be sold out. She and Oseray care only about money. Take a look at the overpriced crap memorabilia they sale.. As far MDNA is concerned, even the artwork is copied from a 2004 album (i dont remember the name of the band). You are right, 'Fan' is an abbrevation of the word 'fanatic' which i am not. I prefer to analyse things from a distance. 

i dont feel youre a fan so your opinion to me is not relevant ...was madonna sued for copying some artwork you claim ..yawns ...i will repeat what i said , madonna could make the greatest album of her career and it still would not sell like they used to ...its simply due to her age and how the music industry has changed ..to me madonna has NOTHING to prove anymore if you could name a female artist who is doing fantastic at the age of 61 and selling 30 million albums then please feel free to do so ....i will wait 

8 minutes ago, mark perry said:

name a 61 year old female artist who is interesting or relevant to the general public . bruce springsteen is a man and sadly he prob does have a more supportive fanbase ...i feel a lot of madonna fans skipped buying madame x due to the collabs etc etc ..a protest almost ..madonna was aware this would happen she did it anyway and you have to respect her for that decision ...she does not give in to peer pressure 

Kate Bush that is widely acknowledged and older than Madonna. It is not a matter of peer pressure to me. She simple has a huge ego and believes that everything she likes is the best and most 'innovative'. You believe that this is a matter of age. She has the nerve herself to say this while she has undergone mass plastic surgery while wearing gritze teeth. She has 'jumped' to the swj's bandwagon while she puts on the market irrelevant 'beauty products' along with Kim K. What elese do you want to see the fakery of this way of thinking?

5 minutes ago, into the erotico said:

Kate Bush that is widely acknowledged and older than Madonna. It is not a matter of peer pressure to me. She simple has a huge ego and believes that everything she likes is the best and most 'innovative'. You believe that this is a matter of age. She has the nerve herself to say this while she has undergone mass plastic surgery while wearing gritze teeth. She has 'jumped' to the swj's bandwagon while she puts on the market irrelevant 'beauty products' along with Kim K. What elese do you want to see the fakery of this way of thinking? madonna likes the money and so does kate bush obviously milking her back catologue to death 

kate bush has not had a record out for bloody years excluding the remasters ..i dont recall her last album being a smash hit so stop right there ..her fans are left waiting for bloody years for a album .....how many copies did the remasters sell worldwide kate bush fan lol for me kate bush is not relevant at all and trust me a few of her albums are duds ..mr bush fan lol madonna cant be any different to kate bloody bush in terms of being a performer or artist ..the mdna skin care is just business ...wtf does kate bush do other than leave her fans waiting for years and years for new material lol ...look at you slagging madonna off .just go away and go to a kate bush forum ...oh and kate bush has had fillers in her cheeks also 

8 minutes ago, into the erotico said:

Kate Bush that is widely acknowledged and older than Madonna. It is not a matter of peer pressure to me. She simple has a huge ego and believes that everything she likes is the best and most 'innovative'. You believe that this is a matter of age. She has the nerve herself to say this while she has undergone mass plastic surgery while wearing gritze teeth. She has 'jumped' to the swj's bandwagon while she puts on the market irrelevant 'beauty products' along with Kim K. What elese do you want to see the fakery of this way of thinking?

2 minutes ago, into the erotico said:

you haven't answered to the rest:angel:

because its clear you stan kate bush so your opinion on madonna is not relevant to me ...the end so while im listening to new material by madonna madame x album and looking forward to her tour ...you continue to wonder when the hell kate bush will ever put a new record out lol ..